Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Mason Roll Call

Old 10-18-2012, 07:19 PM   #21
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
John Cutler Lodge, Abington MA

Haven't been to lodge in a while, about 3 years. I have a second job now that requires me to be at a meeting the same night as the lodge meeting..thought about affiliating with another lodge that meets on another night.

We had a master a while back who I had some professional differences with as well..sadly, myself and a brother from another lodge are both finding as the younger folks that we feel somewhat shoved to the side by the old guard.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #22
wudbuchr is on a distinguished road

Navy: CWO3 USN-Ret (7445)
Name: Linnie
wudbuchr's Tacoma Gallery
Pushed Aside

Brother, I have walked a mile in your shoes! I waited until I was 28 to join and have been actively involved for the last 38 years. The going was "difficult" at first. Then I sat down with some of the "Old Guard" and had a brother to brother talk (remember your obligations).

I guess I am now one of the "Old Guard" now and we sometimes forget where we came from. Freemasonry is having a difficult time identifying with the younger generations and the decline in membership is the result. If Masonry is to survive for your children and grandchildren you MUST get involved and stay proactive.

If you are willing to work and accept that you will never change all of the old guard, there is a place for you in Freemasonry. Remember there should never be any contention except who can work and best agree. Your Lodge needs you whether they realize it or not right now. If you learn the work, they will put you to work.

Find a willing member of the "Old Guard" and learn all you can from him. You may see that many are willing to help if you are willing to ask. Seek more Light and those at whose door you knock, will open it unto you. But, don't just do it for yourself, do it for those who come after you. Learn from your brothers' errors and try not to make the same mistakes you have seen them make. Pick up your trowel and go to work Brother!

Linnie McCaul
Past Master of Washington Lodge No. 2 F&AM in Quincy, FL
2009 District Deputy Grand Masher of the Grand Lodge of Florida's
Historic 7th Masonic District
Old 10-22-2012, 12:21 PM   #23
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
There were 3 of us who did that a while back. I was 33 at the time, the older was also my sponsor at 44, and a younger Brother at 26 (who followed his grandfather's footsteps). A comment had been made by one of the Old Guard that they wouldn't live forever and we need to start "stepping up", but yet we had no idea of what to step up to or how. We explained that and that we were willing to do all we could without injury to self or family (as always). It got better for a bit but didn't last.

In my case right now it's more that my Lodge convenes on a night I am no longer available, due to my 2nd job. I'm starting to think on finding another Lodge that is open on a night more conducive to me, but for now I do what I can always do..help another person and always be there for a Brother.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:50 AM   #24
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10PreRunner View Post
I have a question, why are church going people so against free masons? Just curious.
What do you mean by church people? If you mean Christians then if the masons believe anything other than what the Bible teaches then it is considered a sect or a cult. I have been a Christian for 30 years and the churches I have been around all denounce the masons. I worked with a guy who was a 37 degree a great guy but he just had some unbelievable ideas about the bible. I have known other masons who believe the way I do. What does the mason org believe?
Old 04-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #25
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
bump. old thread.

I have thought about becoming one, But think i may wait a few years.(iím 21) idk yet.

I know a few people that are Masons.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:17 PM   #26
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
bump. old thread.

I have thought about becoming one, But think i may wait a few years.(i’m 21) idk yet.

I know a few people that are Masons.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:55 PM   #27
Kevinon103x is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
Kevinon103x's Tacoma Gallery
mason here

Im a mason, here in Florence,SC Hampton Lodge #204
Old 09-09-2014, 06:03 PM   #28
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
What do you mean by church people? If you mean Christians then if the masons believe anything other than what the Bible teaches then it is considered a sect or a cult. I have been a Christian for 30 years and the churches I have been around all denounce the masons. I worked with a guy who was a 37 degree a great guy but he just had some unbelievable ideas about the bible. I have known other masons who believe the way I do. What does the mason org believe?
As a mason, I can say they the masons do not care what you believe, as long as you believe in a higher power. As for church, I go to church, and have never been asked about it. There are jews, christians, muslims, and catholics in lodges all across the world. Just in South Carolina, for example, there are 40,000 individual masons. Presidents, VP, senators, congressmen, judges, lawyers, preachers, farmers, cooks, taxi cab drivers, there is no way of knowing who is a mason unless you ask. 2b1ask1
Old 09-10-2014, 04:14 AM   #29
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinon103x View Post
As a mason, I can say they the masons do not care what you believe, as long as you believe in a higher power. As for church, I go to church, and have never been asked about it. There are jews, christians, muslims, and catholics in lodges all across the world. Just in South Carolina, for example, there are 40,000 individual masons. Presidents, VP, senators, congressmen, judges, lawyers, preachers, farmers, cooks, taxi cab drivers, there is no way of knowing who is a mason unless you ask. 2b1ask1
why is everything kept "hush hush" then?
Old 09-10-2014, 06:25 AM   #30
Quote:
why is everything kept "hush hush" then?
Just like colors are a secret to the blind, music is a secret to the deaf, the secrets of Freemasonry are only secrets to those who are not Masons. There are signs outside of all lodges that say when the meetings are.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:17 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinon103x View Post
Just like colors are a secret to the blind, music is a secret to the deaf, the secrets of Freemasonry are only secrets to those who are not Masons. There are signs outside of all lodges that say when the meetings are.
I've heard of some wierd crap that goes on in them meetings.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:57 AM   #32
Quote:
I've heard of some wierd crap that goes on in them meetings.
If the masons are a secret, why would someone say what happens in a meeting. It's mostly a group of guys getting together eating dinner, and talking about history, or deciding where to donate money too, or talking about our plans for world domination via the pancake breakfast! Lol
Old 11-01-2014, 05:07 AM   #33
Tractorman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTractorman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTractorman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTractorman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTractorman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTractorman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTractorman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTractorman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTractorman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTractorman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTractorman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Tractorman's Tacoma Gallery
Raised in Zeredatha lodge, St. Joseph MO. 32nd Degree Scottish Rite and Shrine