Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

2011 AMA/ATVA National Motocross Race Schedule

Old 02-22-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
2011 AMA/ATVA National Motocross Race Schedule

Hey guys/gals,
Just thought I would start a thread for us that would like to keep up with the upcoming ATV Nationals this year.
Here is the schedule for this year.

February 26-27 #1 Washington, GA @ Aonia Pass

March 19-20 #2 Pell City, AL @ Mill Creek

April 2-3 #3 Oakland, KY @ Ballance MotoX

April 16-17 #4 Mechanicsville, MD @ Budds Creek

May 7-8 #5 Walnut, IL @ Sunset Ridge

May 21-22 #6 Delmont, PA @ Steel City

June 4-5 #7 Millville, MN @ Spring Creek Motocross

July 2-3 #8 Millfield, OH @ Sunday Creek

July 16-17 #9 New Berlin, NY @ Unadilla

July 30-31 #10 Buchanan, MI @ Red Bud

August 13-14 #11 Hurricane Mills, TN @ Loretta Lynn’s
Old 02-22-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

We plan on attending the race @ Pell City in March. Maybe we will see some of you there.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:39 AM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
They arent hitting Glen Helen in Cali this year?
Old 02-22-2011, 11:46 AM   #4
She's got the jimmy legs

Nope, doesn't make sense. I thought they would drop Pell City due to the fact that they no longer allow quads to practice there. Basically told a regional series down here that you are not welcome to practice but you can still race here. Why race a track you can't practice???? Dropping Glen Helen was a mistake IMO. I guess the GA race took Glen Helen's spot. Why they picked Aonia Pass and not Echeconee makes no sense to me. Doing away with Glen Helen completely takes the nationals scene from out west all together. Stupid if your trying to get a sport to grow.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:47 PM   #5
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
Ill be at the budds creek race.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
She's got the jimmy legs

Cool, wish we could make it to Aonia this weekend but doesn't look like we can.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:07 AM   #7
Fireguy68 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Fire
Name: A Brown Guy
Fireguy68's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the post. I may have to hit the Kentucky races since it's just up the road. Definitely the Hurricane Mills, TN races.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:15 AM   #8
She's got the jimmy legs

Cool, never been to Loretta Lynn's. I'd like to though.
Spring Hill, TN been there. Old job required me to visit a grocery store there once a month. I use to live in Murfreesboro.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:24 AM   #9

I live right off of Saturn Pkwy. Let me know if you go to Loretta Lynns and we can head up. I've never been but have been wanting to go for years now. I hear it's a good time.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:26 AM   #10
She's got the jimmy legs

Sounds good. If we can afford it I will definitely give you a shout. Gotta plenty of time to save between now and then so we shall see.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:37 AM   #11

Sounds good. I'm heading to the Coal Creek ATV Jamboree in March in East TN. That'll probably be wide open crazy.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:10 AM   #12
She's got the jimmy legs

Well, Can Am dominated this past weekend with Chad Wienen placing 1st and Natalie placing 2nd. Upperman finished 3rd on a Honda and the only Suzuki in the top ten was Jeremy Lawson finishing 4th overall. Should be an interesting year.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:29 AM   #13
She's got the jimmy legs

This is what Dustin Wimmer is doing this year since Suzuki does not have a team in the nationals. He for the most part kills the competition and runs away with the win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWFMaFfsGIg
Old 03-01-2011, 06:33 AM   #14
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
My 8 yo son is getting into the races on Speed and says he wants to go to Red Bud this year. I'm excited because I haven't been in years.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:38 AM   #15
Forever at a crossroads
09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mylene
09_tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
We'll be hitting up either Steel City or Unadilla again this year. Depending on where I'm at I may go to Red Bud also.

Best of luck to all racers! Have a blast and kick some a$$!
Old 03-01-2011, 06:45 AM   #16
She's got the jimmy legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooch14 View Post
My 8 yo son is getting into the races on Speed and says he wants to go to Red Bud this year. I'm excited because I haven't been in years.
What time do the races come on? I've looked and looked and I can't ever find them. Might be a regional programming thing I guess.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:05 AM   #17

I watched some ATV and 4X4 Truck shows on the Outdoor Channel last night. Not sure about any ATV racing on there though.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:21 AM   #18
She's got the jimmy legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireguy68 View Post
I watched some ATV and 4X4 Truck shows on the Outdoor Channel last night. Not sure about any ATV racing on there though.
Yea, I just searched for it. They don't have it on speed. The first race you can see on television is in April 24th at 3:30pm. It's on versus according to atvmotorcross.com. Wish they would show it closer to the date of the actual race but oh well. I hate to say it but I think it's a dying sport. The non pro class numbers are fizzling out. There was one class that only had 2 riders in it. I'm sure that's due to gas prices and the crappy economy. Not to mention more and more tracks are closing their gates to quads. So basically the only way to practice is build your own track or travel over 3 hours to the closest quad friendly venue. Hard to do for all the weekend racers out there.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:30 AM   #19
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotacrawler View Post
What time do the races come on? I've looked and looked and I can't ever find them. Might be a regional programming thing I guess.

Sorry I was refering to the Supercross races. we don't watch much atv
Old 03-01-2011, 07:35 AM   #20
She's got the jimmy legs

Yea I didn't think they came on speed. They have too much Nascar crap to talk about constantly on that channel. At least they show the F1 races though.