Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Martial arts training

Old 08-14-2011, 11:30 PM   #21
TacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Billyson
TacoBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Great train of thought! Aikido is a soft art, as in it is fluent and uses only the effort put forth by your opponent. The general rule of thumb is that you must learn the hard, physically brutal arts, kicking, punching and breaking before you learn a soft art because it is very difficult to become proficient in a soft art then try and learn a hard art. But if you are hard first and learn to be soft thats just a thing of beauty!

Oh and for myself I'm a practicing Aikijujutsu (Aikido, Judo, and Karate)student of 19yrs. I prefer being a student than being an instructor however I have learned very much from both.
Respect the arts!...
Old 08-14-2011, 11:59 PM   #22
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBS View Post
Respect the arts!...
X2
Old 08-24-2011, 04:29 PM   #23
tim allan has a spectacular aura abouttim allan has a spectacular aura about

tim allan's Tacoma Gallery
boxing recently and some takwondo along time ago, wanting to get into krav maga

everyone around here thinks they are somekinda fighter boxer brah'
Old 08-24-2011, 06:25 PM   #24
DCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
DCW's Tacoma Gallery
Trained in Shaolin, Fut Ga Kuen Kung Fu for 4 years and was a blue belt, and also trained with Roger B. Calleio from Hawaii. 1st degree black belt and also in Escrima 1st degree black belt. Havent found a school since I moved to Reno 2 years ago but still train at home.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:36 AM   #25
Orome and Huan is on a distinguished road

Orome and Huan's Tacoma Gallery
I study Wing Chun (ip man-ip Ching-ron heimberger-jon Neilson- me). I have studied for ~9 years. have reached assistant instructor , could start my own school if I had the free nights and weekends.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:56 PM   #28
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orome and Huan View Post
I study Wing Chun (ip man-ip Ching-ron heimberger-jon Neilson- me). I have studied for ~9 years. have reached assistant instructor , could start my own school if I had the free nights and weekends.
very cool, i just watched this movie in a class at college

\
Old 11-16-2011, 11:26 AM   #29
Skidrowe is on a distinguished road
Skidrowe's Tacoma Gallery
I've been training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for a little over a year. However I broke my neck in a motorcycle accident in August, so I've just been getting fat since then. I'll probably go back in December or January. I'm still just a white belt. I don't mind a slow rate of advance and have no desire to fight anyone. For me it's just really good exercise and a great sport to build lasting friendships while learning effective self defense.

-Skid
Old 11-16-2011, 11:32 AM   #30
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
2nd Degree black belt Tae-Kwon-Do,1st degree in Karate. I stopped after my 2nd year of high school back in 2006 to focus on school.

The gym I go to right now has classes on No-Gi, kick boxing, and Muay Thai. I like more informal training; Showing up in training shorts and a t-shirt, getting that HIIT work out and staying limber. I'd rather focus on technique versus the entire belt and Gi system.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:40 PM   #31
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
General MMA for the last year.
Here is a buddy I train with, at his most recent fight.
(Not sure how to put the vid on the page)
http://www.youtube.com/user/darronbubba123
Old 11-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #32
Quo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Paul
Quo Fan's Tacoma Gallery
5th degree black belt in Shaolin Kempo Karate. Been training for 19 years, teaching for 15ish. Mostly do it for wellness, not to kick butt. I prefer katas over sparring.

I never want to find out how good I really am.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:17 PM   #34
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
1st Degree Black Belt in Taekwondo, Some boxing/mma
Old 11-16-2011, 07:38 PM   #35
Quo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Paul
Quo Fan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
5th dan? nice

you started teaching after only 4 years?
Started helping out the chief instructor, as I gained more experience, and more rank, I finally gained a full class start to finish.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:29 AM   #38
EG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Edgar
EG555's Tacoma Gallery
1st degree in Taekwondo. ~15 years in it now and I am WAAAAAY overdue for a belt test.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #39
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
White belt Juijitsu. Training for 4 months
Old 02-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #40
hapakev is on a distinguished road

hapakev's Tacoma Gallery
Brown Belt in Kempo, Dabbled in Aikido, Kendo, Judo then Wing Chun.

Black sash w/brown stripe in Wing Chun Ip man Lineage (Ip Man-Wong Long-Robert Yeung-Alan Vasquez-me). I recieved my Sifu cert from Ip Ching.