Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

amaes' Beach Cruiser Build

Old 03-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #1
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
amaes' Beach Cruiser Build

Picked this bike up last monday the 7th and have been working on it a few days this week.

The original bike was a Huffy Panama Jack bike. And being that Its lame having something that everyone else has or can buy I thought I'd make it my own.

Day 1 Stock:

All of the "wood" parts on it are plastic

<br/><br/>
<br/><br/>
<br/><br/>
<br/><br/>
<br/><br/>
<br/><br/>

<br/><br/>

Day 2 Breakdown:

<br/><br/>

<br/><br/>

Day 3 Buy new real wood and trace old parts:

<br/><br/>

<br/><br/>

Day 4 Rough cut the parts with a jig saw then shape them with a sander then Stain. Also i picked up a Light at a swap meet:

<br/><br/>
<br/><br/>
<br/><br/>
<br/><br/>
<br/><br/>

<br/><br/>

Stay tuned for more updates
Old 03-14-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
This is very cool.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:31 PM   #3
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Mike. I have to say this has been one of the most fun projects I have worked on in a while. and its been cheap too

Here are some update pictures from last night. They are pretty crappy so I'll take better ones after work. So my idea to make the caps flush mounted to the wood didn't work. Every time I tried to drill the hole it would split the piece in half. So after rebuilding it twice I just glued them to the top. and they look pretty good that way i must say.

<center>
<br/><br/>
<br/><br/>

<br/><br/>
</center>
Old 03-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #4
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
cage it!!! hahaha, very cool man. i love that bottle opener
Old 03-15-2011, 07:06 AM   #5
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
What type of drill bit were you using to sink those caps?
Old 03-15-2011, 07:06 AM   #6

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
cage it!!!
And this.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:27 PM   #7
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery

Old 05-03-2011, 01:32 PM   #8
Banned
TacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMatt02's Tacoma Gallery
Sick project man!

Reppin O'Douls haha
Old 07-19-2011, 11:11 PM   #9
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Figured I'd update this.

Added Cork Grips with bottle cap end caps
Bottle cap valve caps
Made a headlight with a Beer Tasting can I got at a festival
Converted the rear reflector to a LED tail light
Took off the cup holder
Added a Little License plate (Gotta support the team) lol

Rode it to a Local Brewery. Got TONS of compliments on it all night long
Old 07-19-2011, 11:14 PM   #10
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Turned out awesome!
Old 07-19-2011, 11:18 PM   #11
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Pat. I'm happy with it.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:18 PM   #12
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
Thanks Pat. I'm happy with it.
The light was freakin cool the other night lol