1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Very good smokes for around $1.50 a pack.

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Davtopgun, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Mar 22, 2011 at 7:41 AM
    Davtopgun

Davtopgun [OP] Weeeee mod time!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    TacoAlaMode Custom grill, SCS Gunmetal F5's, Treadwright guard dogs, King extended travel coilovers w/800# springs, OME Dakars. LRUCA's. Allpro off-road plate rear bumper with high clearance hitch, steel breaded extended brake lines front and rear, SOS concepts bolt on rock sliders with top plate, Pelfreybuilt front plate bumper, rci skid plates, Airflow Snorkel, Tom Woods custom one piece drivesahft, Weathertech in channel rain guards, Bushwacker fender flares, custom cab height bedrack, 60" Hi-Lift jack w/Mount, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, rear bumper light pods, front bumper light pods and light bar.
    Hi everyone, i have been making my own cigarettes for over a year now for under $1.50 a pack. If you're a smoker like myself, and you're tired of $5.00+ a pack, this may be an option for you as well.

The tobacco i use is made by Rouseco, Golden Harvest (I like the Natural Blend). Around $22.00 for a 12 oz net wt. bag. This makes 2 cartons. This is called Pipe Tobacco but is cigarette tobacco to save you the tax money. The difference in selling it as pipe tobacco is a large chunk of money with the way they tax cigarettes and cigarette tobacco. This tobacco has all the nicotine of manufacturers smokes but without the tar and harsh chemicals they use, which tastes better IMO.
    2eb58947_b7fe9743e330804ceb869e4d7467285108ef6ac7.jpg

I have tried many types of tubes, some have this paper and some have thick and they seem to drastically change the flavor of the smoke and some tubes seem much easier to work with, also. The brand i use are the Premier supermatic king size tubes, they seem to have the best taste and thinnest paper. Though they are one of the tougher ones to roll smokes with. The Bugler tubes are one of the easiest to make smokes with.
    3d50f7a4_ad67f5512ff054e4235f8f1b8686303e332fdd0d.jpg

Last but not least, you need a tobacco injector machine. I hear the Top brand hand crank machine ($40.00) is one of the best for a manual way of doing it and a good machine for starters, too. Personally, i went for one of the best from the beginning and i never looked back. I ordered the Premier Supermatic II ($112.00), it's an electric tobacco injection machine that still requires a little elbow grease but i absolutely love it. There are also options for crazy priced machines ($500.00+) that do everything but put the tube on for you, but are undependable from what i hear. Those there are tons of machines available. No matter the machine you go with, Buy only a spoon type, NEVER buy an auger type. The cherries will fall off your cigarettes constantly and burn holes in everything.
    5e15e7b9_10451a64dcab29e78771df46d210dc494d04a74d.jpg

Be sure you buy two boxes of tubes per 12 0z bag of tobacco. There are endless options of types of tubes and tobacco's. Each with different prices and flavors. This is just what i like, and Marlboro or Camel do not compare for me. Once you get good at making them, you can make a carton in about an hour or so.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have and i'll answer them if i can.

2. Mar 22, 2011 at 7:53 AM
    Killer

Killer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Al.
    Vehicle:
    98 4x4 TRD V6 3.4L SR5 XCab Gold with Tan Int
    19,000 Original Miles, Factory Alarm, Factory Tow Package, Low Profile UWS Black Tool Box, 20ft. of Dynamat Xtreme, Pioneer Double Din DVD 3200BT, IPod Holder, Q Form Kick Panels, 3 Pairs of MB Quart component speakers, JL Audio Stealthbox, Alpine PDX-5 amp, PIAA Foglights, WeatherTech Floor Mats, Maxxis Big Horn Mud Tires 32 x 11.5 R x 15, Wet Okole Seat Cover for 60/40 Bench, 5100's Front & Rear, Wheeler's Single Leaf AAL, Warn 8,000 Winch, Warn Transformer Brush Guard, Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn
    How about selling me a sample pack? I have been thinking about this for awhile but, I wanted to see how they tasted and looked first.

3. Mar 22, 2011 at 7:57 AM
    Paul's TRD

Paul's TRD I'm Not Your F***ing Brother

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 Z71 4x4 5.3L V8
    I don't smoke and probably never will, but damn, making your own cigys, that's cool as hell.

4. Mar 22, 2011 at 8:05 AM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    TacoAlaMode Custom grill, SCS Gunmetal F5's, Treadwright guard dogs, King extended travel coilovers w/800# springs, OME Dakars. LRUCA's. Allpro off-road plate rear bumper with high clearance hitch, steel breaded extended brake lines front and rear, SOS concepts bolt on rock sliders with top plate, Pelfreybuilt front plate bumper, rci skid plates, Airflow Snorkel, Tom Woods custom one piece drivesahft, Weathertech in channel rain guards, Bushwacker fender flares, custom cab height bedrack, 60" Hi-Lift jack w/Mount, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, rear bumper light pods, front bumper light pods and light bar.
    PM'd

5. Mar 22, 2011 at 8:12 AM
    joerussell610

joerussell610 When all else fails read the directions

Member:
    First Name:
    Him
    Making myself at home in your house
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC Sport Edition 4x4
    K&N, fog light mod, remote rear halogen fogs mounted under rear bumper, TRD skid plate, Flux Capacitor, Mr. Fusion upgrade soon
    The funny thing is the pack of Camel wides right next to the bag.

6. Mar 22, 2011 at 8:18 AM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    I use the camel wides packs to hold the smokes that i make, the make your own's are the same size and fit perfectly in a wides pack. I get the packs from a buddy of mine that smokes Wides. Free cigarette holders = awesome.

Products Discussed in

To Top