Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

the official golf thread

Old 06-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #581
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
Watching Marion kick the crap out of the Pro's is really making me feel good about my game.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #582
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFButters View Post
Watching Marion kick the crap out of the Pro's is really making me feel good about my game.
It's wild... I am a Tiger and Adam Scott fan, but I think Phil might have it today. The ones to keep an eye on today though IMO are Schwartzel and Mahan.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #583
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=uCEB9GgKoJ0
Old 07-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #584
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
ChadDerkDawg and I won free greens fees at a local course this weekend. 4 person best ball tourny and our group shot a 64.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:42 AM   #585
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krap22 View Post
ChadDerkDawg and I won free greens fees at a local course this weekend. 4 person best ball tourny and our group shot a 64.
Even had a bogey on the card
Old 07-22-2013, 08:45 AM   #586
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
Even had a bogey on the card

That was before the huge Down pour. We also had a par on a puddle for a green too.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #587
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
Just picked up some Rocketballz Irons.. can't wait to go play this weekend
Old 07-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #588
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFButters View Post
Just picked up some Rocketballz Irons.. can't wait to go play this weekend
Congrats! I won a 5 iron from Taylormade last year. It was a good club. Even bad hits off the toe went straight & long. The club was little too heavy for my liking, so I bought the rocketbladez. My game is quickly improving.

Next, sign up at thegrint.com It is a free handicap site that is USGA sanctioned.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #589
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a set of Rocketbladez a couple weeks ago. I live these clubs so far. Much better then my old Tommy As
Old 11-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #590
wanna tacoma is on a distinguished road
wanna tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a cheap set from Target about 8-10 years ago probably. The driver, 3,5 wood are titanium. They are the Cougar X cat or something like that. My brother and I play when he comes home. We played back in May and then I'm hoping that the weather will be somewhat warm and sunny Christmas when him and his wife comes. We've both been talking about getting a newer set. I just can't decide if I want to buy seperate clubs or another complete set by adams tight lies ( a little expensive) or the Strata made by Callaway. I saw a Ray Cook set on rockbottomgolf.com Not many people have been to the thread lately, hopefully I will get a few opinions
Old 11-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #591
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna tacoma View Post
Not many people have been to the thread lately, hopefully I will get a few opinions
Because we have been out playing golf.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #592
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
Because we have been out playing golf.
Pretty much. Played 36 in a downpour/rain at times last weekend.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #593
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
I bought a cheap set from Target about 8-10 years ago probably. The driver, 3,5 wood are titanium. They are the Cougar X cat or something like that. My brother and I play when he comes home. We played back in May and then I'm hoping that the weather will be somewhat warm and sunny Christmas when him and his wife comes. We've both been talking about getting a newer set. I just can't decide if I want to buy seperate clubs or another complete set by adams tight lies ( a little expensive) or the Strata made by Callaway. I saw a Ray Cook set on rockbottomgolf.com Not many people have been to the thread lately, hopefully I will get a few opinions
If you can possibly try different clubs out before buying I would do that. That way you don't buy a set that doesn't work with your style of playing. I went to PGA superstore & tried different clubs in their video booths. And found the Taylormade rocketbladez were just what I needed. Last spring the clubs were still to high in the $600-$700 range. So I kept my eye out on a pre-owned set. I lucked up and found a set for $425. They looked like they may have been store demos. They didn't have any scratches. I also bought an RBZ driver for $129 that same day, it looked brand new. I added the other clubs over the last 6 months. Found a brand new RBZ stage 2 3 wd on ebay for $70. Got a cleveland wedge for $19 on ebay. Picked up a putter for $30 on ebay. I replaced a 30+ yr old set of Pings.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #594
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Pretty much. Played 36 in a downpour/rain at times last weekend.

I'm playing twice a week(with golfnow discounts). As long as temps are above 40 degrees. I played last year when temps were in the 30's. I didn't play well, it was too cold.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #595
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I bought a set of Rocketbladez a couple weeks ago. I live these clubs so far. Much better then my old Tommy As
Hell yeah! Awesome clubs! I've been using them since May. It took some getting use too with the distances. All my clubs are 20-40 yds farther than my old set.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #596

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hell yeah! Awesome clubs! I've been using them since May. It took some getting use too with the distances. All my clubs are 20-40 yds farther than my old set.
It did take some time to get use to them since they
Are muscled up one club. But I love the way they feel.

Quote:

I'm playing twice a week(with golfnow discounts). As long as temps are above 40 degrees. I played last year when temps were in the 30's. I didn't play well, it was too cold.
I played a couple weeks ago at 36 degrees. It was cold but refreshing at the same time
Playing in the rain actually has helped my game. I ended up throwing a club on one tee shot because it was so slippery (with duel rain gloves on). So now I swing like I did then and I'm actually driving the ball straighter and further.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:48 AM   #597
wanna tacoma is on a distinguished road
wanna tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
If you were going to piece a set together, which clubs would you start with? I know not to buy irons seperate. If I bought new irons I would buy them as a set. Anyone ever order from Rockbottomgolf.com? Also, where can I go to try different clubs out?
Old 11-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #598
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you were going to piece a set together, which clubs would you start with? I know not to buy irons seperate. If I bought new irons I would buy them as a set. Anyone ever order from Rockbottomgolf.com? Also, where can I go to try different clubs out?
I've used rockbottomgolf.com before numerous times and always had a great experience with them. IMO, the most important clubs are your irons. I would go to a pro shop or some other golf specialty store (maybe even a course demo day) and hit lots of stuff and see which one works for you. Definitely don't buy too nice of a club...just because they cost more doesn't mean they will work for you. A lot of times those clubs require too much precision on the part of the golfer for a new person to be able to get much out of them.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:45 AM   #599

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB65stang View Post
I've used rockbottomgolf.com before numerous times and always had a great experience with them. IMO, the most important clubs are your irons. I would go to a pro shop or some other golf specialty store (maybe even a course demo day) and hit lots of stuff and see which one works for you. Definitely don't buy too nice of a club...just because they cost more doesn't mean they will work for you. A lot of times those clubs require too much precision on the part of the golfer for a new person to be able to get much out of them.

I bought my driver off RockBottom after testing it and many others out in a store. I would never buy anything without first testing it out first.

Best part about GolfGalaxy or Golf Smith is that they will let you hit as many as you want for as long as you want
Old 11-20-2013, 02:32 PM   #600

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have a GPS unit? I'm looking at the Garmin G6 right now