Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

the official golf thread

Old 11-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #601
matt1381 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
matt1381's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a smartphone download the swing by swing app. You have to pay yearly but it's easier than carrying a separate gps.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #602
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1381 View Post
If you have a smartphone download the swing by swing app. You have to pay yearly but it's easier than carrying a separate gps.

I've been using that. Its a good app but I wanted something more dedicated. I ended up getting a Garmin Approach G6 today. Got a great deal on it and just decided to bite the bullet. Gonna try it out on Friday for the first time
Old 11-22-2013, 05:21 AM   #603
Hopefully it helps you shoot lower scores! Wish I could be golfing on Friday.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:30 PM   #604
Trophy Van
LTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
LTDSC's Tacoma Gallery
Went and shot 9 today. I shota 46/36 so i was quite pleased.

I fixed a pretty bad habit of mine so it took me a few mishits to really get in the groove. I was holding the club straight as you would hit it as i bring it up and down. Instead of properly opening the face to bring the club up and roll the wrists to straighten it out. It was a terrible habit i got in to and never tried to fix until now. Im a little more sore today but i feel good knowing i helped myself out.

With this "fix" i was hitting dead straight and 220 with my 3 wood. Also getting proper distances with my irons finally. I struggled a bit with the adjustment and my chipping. Ill go to the range and mess with it some more.

Swinging Adams irons with Adams Speedline12 Driver (hate it) and a Diablo 3wood.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:13 AM   #605
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Neil
nelztaco's Tacoma Gallery
DisneyWorld. Where should I play? Played Magnolia years ago. But I wouldn't remember anything about it honestly, and could play again no problem. Thurs. morning is my golf morning. Kinda held to provided transportation. Stick to one of resort courses?
Old 03-03-2014, 06:32 AM   #606
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Ole Tiger just hasn't been the same since he got beat up by Elin
Old 03-03-2014, 01:44 PM   #607
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
Ole Tiger just hasn't been the same since he got beat up by Elin
Nope. Its sad too.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:47 PM   #608
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
Ole Tiger just hasn't been the same since he got hitched to Elin
Fixed it.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:44 PM   #609
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the market for new irons and I can't decide to either save up for graphite shafts or steel shafts
Old 03-04-2014, 05:53 PM   #610
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNothing321 View Post
I'm in the market for new irons and I can't decide to either save up for graphite shafts or steel shafts
With you being 24 I would strongly suggest going steel. Graphite will limit your playing potential. Get properly fit for your shafts and clubs and this game becomes easier and more enjoyable. A fitting may cost $100 but know you have the correct shaft and clubs will save you well more than that in lost balls.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:05 PM   #611
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1381 View Post
With you being 24 I would strongly suggest going steel. Graphite will limit your playing potential. Get properly fit for your shafts and clubs and this game becomes easier and more enjoyable. A fitting may cost $100 but know you have the correct shaft and clubs will save you well more than that in lost balls.
Thanks for the input
Old 03-04-2014, 06:11 PM   #612

This is the set I am looking at

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...413989.4414118
Old 03-04-2014, 06:35 PM   #613

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Unless you have a very slow swing speed you should stick with Steel. I went with Taylor Made RocketBladz last year. Very happy with them. I would go to a dedicated golf shop (if you have one near you) and have them size and fit you. Test 5 different 6 irons to see what you hit best and what looks best to you. I say that because a lot of my decision was how the club looked to me at address.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:36 PM   #614

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
On another note. Looking for a 3 wood.

Go
Old 05-25-2014, 12:23 PM   #615
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have any input on the taylormade rocketballz drivers? Looking at the original rbz driver,or the rbz 2.

I could really care less about having an adjustable driver, just looking for something a bit forgiving for slight miss hits
Old 05-25-2014, 12:49 PM   #616
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK27 View Post
Anyone have any input on the taylormade rocketballz drivers? Looking at the original rbz driver,or the rbz 2.

I could really care less about having an adjustable driver, just looking for something a bit forgiving for slight miss hits
It is good to try different drivers to find the one that works for you.

I've been using the 1st gen RBZ driver 9.5 degrees for a year. When I first bought it last May I was getting 230-300yds. Now I'm much better with my driver and am getting 250-320 yds with the RBZ. I love this driver! I purchased it used (no scratches) from PGA superstore. I added the Winn DriTac midsize grip. My driver is not adjustable. I had the R11 and the adjustments started hindering me, so I gave the club to my Son.

Last month I had the longest drive of my life on a downhill par 5, 370yds with roll. The par 5 is tiered and I caught the edge of the last tier and hit rolled 70 yds. I was inside the 150 yd stick at Hard Labor Creek #13 in Rutledge,GA.

I've tried the new drivers: Slider, R1, RBZ Stage 2, Cobra bio cell, Callaway Big bertha(New one that recently came out), Nike. In the video wall at PGA Superstore. None of them would clear 250yds.

Good luck with your selection.
Old 05-25-2014, 12:52 PM   #617
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
It is good to try different drivers to find the one that works for you.

I've been using the 1st gen RBZ driver 9.5 degrees for a year. When I first bought it last May I was getting 230-300yds. Now I'm much better with my driver and am getting 250-320 yds with the RBZ. I love this driver! I purchased it used (no scratches) from PGA superstore. I added the Winn DriTac midsize grip.

Last month I had the longest drive of my life on a downhill par 5, 370yds with roll. The par 5 is tiered and I caught the edge of the last tier and hit rolled 70 yds. I was inside the 150 yd stick at Hard Labor Creek #13 in Rutledge,GA.

I've tried the new drivers: Slider, R1, RBZ Stage 2, Cobra bio cell, Callaway Big bertha(New one that recently came out), Nike. In the video wall at PGA Superstore. None of them would clear 250yds.

Good luck with your selection.
I've used the rbz for a round and liked it. Price differences is only $25 for either rbz or rbz2
Old 05-25-2014, 01:00 PM   #618
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Unless you have a very slow swing speed you should stick with Steel. I went with Taylor Made RocketBladz last year. Very happy with them. I would go to a dedicated golf shop (if you have one near you) and have them size and fit you. Test 5 different 6 irons to see what you hit best and what looks best to you. I say that because a lot of my decision was how the club looked to me at address.
X2 I love my Rocketbladez also. Fantastic clubs!
Old 05-25-2014, 01:03 PM   #619
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK27 View Post
I've used the rbz for a round and liked it. Price differences is only $25 for either rbz or rbz2
Try both. Most golf resellers will let you try a club for a few days. Taylormade preowned may have some great deals on used.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:08 PM   #620
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
On another note. Looking for a 3 wood.

Go
I have the RBZ Stage 2 3 wood 15 degree. Picked it up new on ebay $89 last year. It is a very good club. Getting 210-260yds when I hit it. I struggle sometimes making good contact. Still learning where to place it in my feet.