Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Coin Collecting

Old 04-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #21
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
I had a confederate 1862 one sided note

I had about 10lbs of wheat pennies, tons of foreign money, 2 silver pennies, all kinds of shit.

left it behind yrs ago in haste.
aw man, that sucks!!!
Old 04-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #22
cabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Andy
cabarbhab's Tacoma Gallery
i have some american silver eagle 1 oz coins, american gold eagle 1/4 oz and 1/10 oz coins and some british sovereign gold coins from betweetn 1908 and 1931. I also try to hold onto modern american nickles. the metal content of a nickle is worth about 7 cents. it is the last hard currency coin that the US mints. here is a link that shows U.S. coin melt values. http://inflation.us/coins/
Old 04-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #23
Caltanian
Umrunner is on a distinguished road

Umrunner's Tacoma Gallery
my grandfather was a vp of international chemicals for a multinational oil company in the 40's and 50's.
Anywhere he went, he kept currency from, and made a binder of the coins. Hundreds in all, from countries that exist, to ones that no longer do. Also some really rare US coins.. dating well back into the 1800's.
Im not much of a collector, but its a pretty cool collection to have.
The craziest ones tho, are the 16 solid gold coins, weighing 2 oz each from mexico.. Really, really cool.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:17 PM   #24
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Thats awesome guys! Glad I'm not the only one who holds onto this stuff...Its interesting to me...Its like holding a piece of history and I can't help but wonder where its been and who's pockets it's been in
Old 09-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #26
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
bump for numismatics!

I like collecting coins.

have several hundred early american silver and gold pieces, collected over the years.......

anyone ever had a "HOLY FUCK!" find?
Old 09-22-2011, 08:03 PM   #27
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I used to collect it all the time...as I worked in a bank for awhile...

still got all of it, but i couldnt begin to tell you what I have...it's all stored away in a safe deposit box somewhere

I know there are several silver certificates in different denominations, along with all kinds of coins

several very old bills dating back to the 19teens and 20s
Old 09-22-2011, 08:18 PM   #28
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

a friend of mine used to work at a local bank, he'd keep "cool" stuff on the side for me to see if I wanted to buy it later

people turn in some pretty cool stuff, unbeknownst to them
Old 09-22-2011, 08:24 PM   #29
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I have collected pennies since I was about 10. I have 2 five gallon buckets nearly full now... The most recent one in those buckets is a 1982. The best quality of each year and minting location goes in a book. I am only missing one single penny since they introduced the Lincoln cent.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:26 PM   #32
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
you guys ever send stuff in for grading?
Did for a while.. Pennies are kind of upside-down when it comes to that though. Costs more to send them in than they are worth. Even mis-strikes.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:38 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Did for a while.. Pennies are kind of upside-down when it comes to that though. Costs more to send them in than they are worth. Even mis-strikes.
unless theyre key dates, I know what you mean.
kinda sucks that it's so expensive, for curiosity's sake
Old 09-22-2011, 08:39 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Heretic View Post
This is one of my favorites, I use it as a bookmark lol. There is a lot of history with the art on the back

throw that fucker in a sleeve!
Old 09-22-2011, 08:55 PM   #35
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
If one of you Americans sends my $5 , I'll send you one of these .

Old 09-22-2011, 08:56 PM   #36
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
I have quite a few of these. I've got some Iraqi Dinar, Jamacan bills, ~10 silver dollars, 3-4 wheat cent pennys, American $2 bills, a confederate .50 and a .01, some half dollar coins, canadian bills and coins, a couple of bills that are printed wrong and some how made it through circulation, I'm sure I'm missing some got a nice litte box for them all.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:07 PM   #37
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
If one of you Americans sends my $5 , I'll send you one of these .

THats pretty cool.....But a hell of a mark up, dont ya think?
Old 09-22-2011, 09:15 PM   #38
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
THats pretty cool.....But a hell of a mark up, dont ya think?
I meant $5 US
Old 09-22-2011, 09:17 PM   #39
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
im sitting about 300ish 1940's silver quarters from the states only thing in my safety deposit box atm
Old 09-22-2011, 09:22 PM   #40

I have a couple of those...I think

My pride and joy is a 1928 Hawaii sesquicentennial that I got graded at AU55-(cleaned though )...which I bought for .50

if you look it up, you'll know why it made me cry in my pants