Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Coin Collecting

Old 09-22-2011, 09:30 PM   #41
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
I have a couple of those...I think

My pride and joy is a 1928 Hawaii sesquicentennial that I got graded at AU55-(cleaned though )...which I bought for .50

if you look it up, you'll know why it made me cry in my pants

classic king coin, hard to aquire, some would go as far as saying hardest of the king collection
Old 09-22-2011, 09:34 PM   #42
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulhas View Post
classic king coin, hard to aquire, some would go as far as saying hardest of the king collection

I got it in the 6th grade during a pocket change fundraiser. Saw it, switched it with 2 quarters since I told the teacher it was "a cool half dollar" and brought it home.

Greatest find ever.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:42 PM   #43
Styx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Petty Officer
Name: Terrance
Styx586's Tacoma Gallery
I collect coins and paper money from all the places i've been... Singapore, Japan, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Seychelles, Saudi Arabia...
Old 10-01-2011, 12:15 AM   #44
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
If one of you Americans sends my $5 , I'll send you one of these .
If you send me $1500 I'll send you one of these

Old 10-01-2011, 12:16 AM   #45
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
If you send me $1500 I'll send you one of these

A red x ?
Old 10-01-2011, 12:28 AM   #47
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Hey guys,

I'm kind of a dork and like to collect rare currency rather its American or Foreign. I have some 2 dollar bills, Silver certificates, Buffalo Nickels and Steel Pennies from the '40s...plus tons of other shit like Wheat Pennies and Indian Head Pennies haha!

Any other dorks out there?...Or am I the only one

hey bro, my old mans the pres of the phoenix coin club, check it out, might find though that while your stuff is cool, its not very sought after
Old 01-31-2013, 07:39 PM   #48
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
I have collected pennies since I was about 10. I have 2 five gallon buckets nearly full now... The most recent one in those buckets is a 1982. The best quality of each year and minting location goes in a book. I am only missing one single penny since they introduced the Lincoln cent.
2 year bump!!! :P

Oh nice, I'm pretty jelly on the penny book.

Anybody ever hear of the special little 1943 penny? Not just any old 1943 penny but a certain few...

I have one, but alas, it is not one of the few.

When I was in middle school I saw the news about those pennies and ended up finding a 1943 about a year later, it's been with me ever since.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:42 PM   #49
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
I've been collecting for years! Currently looking for copper pennies and silver dimes and quarters. I'm getting into precious metal investing.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:31 AM   #50
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I actually found a 1943 nickel! One of the three years of nickels that contain silver! Thought I would never find one!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:32 AM   #51
The Blue Warrior

A few of my coins. Not amazing, but I'm starting to collect silver coins. 1880 Morgan Dollar (90% silver), 1964 quarter (90% silver), and a 1943 nickel with the "S" mint mark on the back (35% silver.) If I remember right, I found the nickel years ago at a local park while metal detecting.