Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Coin Collecting

Old 04-18-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb Coin Collecting

Hey guys,

I'm kind of a dork and like to collect rare currency rather its American or Foreign. I have some 2 dollar bills, Silver certificates, Buffalo Nickels and Steel Pennies from the '40s...plus tons of other shit like Wheat Pennies and Indian Head Pennies haha!

Any other dorks out there?...Or am I the only one

Old 04-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
i have 2 silver quarters worth about 2 bucks a piece lol
Old 04-18-2011, 03:03 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
i have 2 silver quarters worth about 2 bucks a piece lol
yea I have a handful of em too...lol

I have a buddy who has a 3 legged 1927 Buffalo Nickel thats worth around 300 bucks
Lucky bastard!
Old 04-18-2011, 03:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I have a crap load of Canadian coins
hahahahahahaha! Thats weird!
Old 04-18-2011, 03:05 PM   #6
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
I used to have a few silver dollars from the 1880s.. they were stolen, had a couple nazi coins, only have 1 left, other was stolen.. had confederate money which was stolen

i mostly have stuff of little to no value due to tweaker theft
Old 04-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I colect things from places Ive traveld. I have some cash from the Bahamas, and.....well.....thats all. OH!! I have a Canadian coin of some sort....
Old 04-18-2011, 03:11 PM   #8
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I colect things from places Ive traveld. I have some cash from the Bahamas, and.....well.....thats all. OH!! I have a Canadian coin of some sort....
Same here. Nothing of any value other than personal. So what is a sort of Canadian coin?

Frank
Old 04-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #9
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
Same here. Nothing of any value other than personal. So what is a sort of Canadian coin?

Frank
I dont know....A quarter, and a couple nickles. Not sure how we get them down here, but they seem to pop up all the time.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #10

Yea, I have Canadian pennies, dimes, quarters etc...

I have all sorts of weird coins to from like 30 different countries that i've gotten from friends and family...pretty cool stuff I suppose
Old 04-18-2011, 03:14 PM   #12
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I dont know....A quarter, and a couple nickles. Not sure how we get them down here, but they seem to pop up all the time.
Same here then. We see your small coins all the time when getting back change.

Frank
Old 04-18-2011, 03:15 PM   #13
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I collect a few bills/coins from everywhere I've traveled. Also just took some notes my mother had from the '40's. My g-friend and a cashier at Starbucks looked at me crossed-eyed when I got excited they had two coin dollars in their tip jar.

Buffalo nickels are cool. Remember those Wheat Pennies?
Old 04-18-2011, 03:15 PM   #14
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
nerd!
Old 04-18-2011, 03:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
Same here then. We see your small coins all the time when getting back change.

Frank
LOL!! Next time I come accross one, I'll send a Salute your way
Old 04-18-2011, 03:16 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
nerd!
Old 04-18-2011, 03:17 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Dont worry man. You wont be a nerd long. Next time Im over, I'll steal your shit.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
i have a 1990 silver dollar and a bunch of pre 1964 quarters nickles dimes and pennies including almost all of the state quarters and a bunch of $2 and old $100 $50 $20 $10 $5 $1 always looking for more at banks and all
thats awesome dude! I have a 1956 50 dollar bill...
Old 04-18-2011, 03:17 PM   #19
UBIQUE

Quote:
LOL!! Next time I come accross one, I'll send a Salute your way
Back at ya!

Frank
Old 04-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #20
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
thats awesome dude! I have a 1956 50 dollar bill...
yeah my dad has a BUNCH i got my collecting stuff from him. im always looking at banks for anything and when cashiers open there drore at stores i just like interesting money and siilver. my step dad has alot of different confederet and other money from that era to