Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

High School Sports.?

Old 04-28-2011, 07:48 PM   #21
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Swimming. State freshman and sophomore year. All-state honorable mention. Didn't swim highschool this year in order to train harder with my club team, but I'm really looking forward to senior year.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #22
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
4 year air rifle team shooter-4 time state qualifier- top 20 finisher each time, 3 year captain
4 year Canoe Paddler (It's a sport in Hawaii!) senior captain, state qualifier x2
Old 04-28-2011, 07:52 PM   #23
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
I played volleyball freshman year as a liberio and played lacrosse my junior year. I was middie/attack and should've played my senior year but hockey+school+work was getting the best of me.
If only my high school had a hockey team, I have played youth travel hockey for 11 years and am now playing for Sacramento state. Then we had a kid at my high school named Tyler Parker who played for the WHL and was a complete badass! We would've raped every team in our league
Old 04-28-2011, 07:56 PM   #24
DirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dino
DirtyTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Cool shit. I have never thought of playing rugby but its a sick sport, pritty gnarly. ^^^
Old 04-28-2011, 08:01 PM   #25
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyTacos View Post
Cool shit. I have never thought of playing rugby but its a sick sport, pritty gnarly. ^^^
oh its pretty fun!! here is a picture from one of are games earlier.

im in the first two. i have the white compression shorts.
Attached Thumbnails
High School Sports.?-207272_10150162397843367_550058366_7045198_8199634_n.jpg   High School Sports.?-215101_10150162397708367_550058366_7045197_6109005_n.jpg   High School Sports.?-215279_10150162406488367_550058366_7045376_2500806_n.jpg   High School Sports.?-207404_10150162397418367_550058366_7045194_7208489_n.jpg   High School Sports.?-37263_410775443366_550058366_4726826_6031698_n.jpg  

Old 04-28-2011, 08:04 PM   #26
hpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Manie
hpvds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
hey good luck in the 4x1. what leg are you?
I got the second leg stretched so that I cover about 110/115 meters, we got it down on silent hand offs and been training all season hoping for a single day of good weather since all our other's were in like 40˚ weather or one of us were injured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTRD View Post
Nice... Sorry to hear bout the shoulder. Yeah I do track too. I'm on the mile relay and I do long jump. Personal best split in the mile is 51.7. And long jump 21' 3". I have regionals this Monday and Tuesday. (I'm in high school) But that defensive player of the year is badass man.
That's a pretty decent split and awesome long jump.

I could never go below 53, and the only time I was on pace to do so was in a 4x4 and at the 200 start mark I got bumped off the track while trying to pass inside... not too fond of that memory. I also used to both long and triple in high school but my ankles got destroyed between that and soccer so when I got to college I dropped the jumps.

Good Luck at regionals though!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:05 PM   #27
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
4 year air rifle team shooter-4 time state qualifier- top 20 finisher each time, 3 year captain
4 year Canoe Paddler (It's a sport in Hawaii!) senior captain, state qualifier x2
WTF is an air rifle team? . . . i just went to work everyday after school. if im going to get tired and sweaty i want to get paid for it.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:06 PM   #28
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpvds View Post
I got the second leg stretched so that I cover about 110/115 meters, we got it down on silent hand offs and been training all season hoping for a single day of good weather since all our other's were in like 40˚ weather or one of us were injured.
damn you got the team on your back!! i wish are relay team had silent handoffs its so badass. good luck with the race man
Old 04-28-2011, 08:08 PM   #29
is one of the sharper tools in the shed
truckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
truckboattruck's Tacoma Gallery
wrestling- 4th in MD states
Old 04-28-2011, 08:10 PM   #30
Underprepared and Overconfident
DubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DubyaDawg's Tacoma Gallery
Played baseball until this year, now I play Lacrosse!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:13 PM   #31
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
WTF is an air rifle team? . . . i just went to work everyday after school. if im going to get tired and sweaty i want to get paid for it.
basically a glorified pellet rifle team, but with sporter-level rifles and competition targets.
balancing work and sports gets you the best of both worlds!

Got to do this everyday for practice. Gonna miss paddling when I head to college.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:14 PM   #32
hpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shedhpvds is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Manie
hpvds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
damn you got the team on your back!! i wish are relay team had silent handoffs its so badass. good luck with the race man

Thanks. Senior year so gotta make this one count. We got 2 regular season meets left and then Regionals and if we can drop our time low enough, nationals (probably not gonna happen though, gotta hit 41.95 and then get ranked well enough to make the cut.)

Silent hand offs are not as difficult as they sound, you just gotta have your steps really down pat and have a team that's consistent. We used to do stick, but with 9 or 9 teams on the track at once, you can't hear the difference between your team mate and the other guy. Silent ended up being so much faster.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:23 PM   #33
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
basically a glorified pellet rifle team, but with sporter-level rifles and competition targets.
balancing work and sports gets you the best of both worlds!
interesting. my high school had a skeet shooting team, so i was humored by idea of a bb gun team lol. but that does sound cool. id suck at that. im shit with a rifle, can't hold it still, never have been able to.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:27 PM   #34
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpvds View Post
Thanks. Senior year so gotta make this one count. We got 2 regular season meets left and then Regionals and if we can drop our time low enough, nationals (probably not gonna happen though, gotta hit 41.95 and then get ranked well enough to make the cut.)

Silent hand offs are not as difficult as they sound, you just gotta have your steps really down pat and have a team that's consistent. We used to do stick, but with 9 or 9 teams on the track at once, you can't hear the difference between your team mate and the other guy. Silent ended up being so much faster.

that's SO fast but about the hand offs thing. I was at the Clovis West relays and the 4x1 handoffs were so hard to time couldnt hear crap. i ran the second leg since someone couldnt come. i was yelling STICK probably a good 5 times before are third leg put his had back. then they ended up dropping that baton handing off to the anchor
Old 04-28-2011, 08:33 PM   #35
Daudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Daudio's Tacoma Gallery
I played hockey my whole life....I played Juniors in Sweden for a while when I finished high school, it is awesome over there (especially when you're american). I'm sure there will be a difference in opinions but, hockey takes more skill to play then any other sport. And you need to know how to fight!!! and yes I do have a few fake teeth....
Old 04-28-2011, 08:35 PM   #36
Daudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Daudio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
wrestling- 4th in MD states

How old are you? my buddy won states in his weight in MD when we were in high school...
Old 04-30-2011, 09:27 AM   #37
CristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant futureCristianTRD has a brilliant future

Name: Cristian
CristianTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. Sorry bout the ankles. My right one is the one that plagues me. Yeah but that 21' jump prolly won't take me to state. There's this other two brothers who go like 22'. And they only take top two to state. But next year I think I'm gonna run the 400 cause if I work at it I'll be able to go to state.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:29 AM   #38
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Played hockey. Was gonna do baseball, but just didn't have the time at the time. Knees got jacked up my Sophomore year.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:48 AM   #39
had my prelims yesterday. my race in the 400 went...not as good as i liked. i ran a 25 split 200 so i was on track for a 50 400 pace. i was a good full turn ahead of second and third then the last 20 meters i literally just stopped. got passed by BOTH kids. ended up running a 52.69 still qualified for finals next week. but i qualified 8th so im running in lane 9... i learned you cant sprint a full 400 for me atleast. i can sprint 380 though... oh well we still got next week
Old 05-05-2011, 09:57 PM   #40
Quote:
had my prelims yesterday. my race in the 400 went...not as good as i liked. i ran a 25 split 200 so i was on track for a 50 400 pace. i was a good full turn ahead of second and third then the last 20 meters i literally just stopped. got passed by BOTH kids. ended up running a 52.69 still qualified for finals next week. but i qualified 8th so im running in lane 9... i learned you cant sprint a full 400 for me atleast. i can sprint 380 though... oh well we still got next week

well here we are a week later!! like i said above i qualified 8th for 400 but ended up running in lane 2. got 5th overall during finals so i was stoked about taht ended up running a 52.58. and with the 4x4 team we ended up qualifying for im SO stoked we made it!!! my coach ended up with my split and it was a 51. overall we ran a 3:27. i almost started crying for joy cause we made it haha. thought i would share with you guys