Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

who surfs?

Old 04-30-2011, 10:34 PM   #1
boybands are lame will become famous soon enoughboybands are lame will become famous soon enough
boybands are lame's Tacoma Gallery
who surfs?

surf, stand up surf bodyboard, bodysurf, anything if so post up some pictures and where they're from.. i dono how many people on here surf so this could be a bust

this just happened today in Huntington

Old 05-03-2011, 09:59 PM   #2
bigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Jared
bigwalton15's Tacoma Gallery
i do. Bought my SUP about a year or two ago. Did that for awhile and loved it but bought a longboard last week, and I'm hooked on that right now. I like to SUP in the mornings when the wind is calm here, then I'll longboard in the afternoons. My SUP is a 9'0 Starboard Hero. My longboard is a 9'6. Oh and a pic of that board rack I just built this weekend in my living room.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #3
PtLomaComa is on a distinguished road
Navy: Aviation Rescue Swimmer
Name: Brett
PtLomaComa's Tacoma Gallery
Surf in San Diego, mostly Scripps Pier/ La Jolla shores. Got a 7'10" egg from OB Surf and Skate. Sorry no pics. I love fixing boards so if anybody one here dings a board and is in the SD area lemme know I'll fix your board and we can talk Tacos.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:36 PM   #4
boybands are lame will become famous soon enoughboybands are lame will become famous soon enough
if you love fixing boards, have you ever shaped your own? its a lot of fun to do and then to ride something you made is pretty cool

heres one painting the board we made for my buddy for his birthday
Old 05-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
by the way i like the commitment to build a surf rack in your living room haha
Old 05-04-2011, 12:39 PM   #6
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery

i did back in the day but its been like 3 years
Old 05-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #7
mentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mentose457's Tacoma Gallery
i surf... the interwebz
Old 05-04-2011, 02:44 PM   #8
bigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by boybands are lame View Post
by the way i like the commitment to build a surf rack in your living room haha
I live in a small apartment got make best use of the limited space I have. Plus its a great conversation piece. And next week when my girlfriends father gets out here, hes bringing another SUP I can add to my quiver. Then I'll have a nice full rack.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:32 PM   #9
yea a full rack is good hahah but to a point. at the moment there are 27 surfboards in my garage so thats more than enough haha
Old 05-04-2011, 07:10 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by boybands are lame View Post
yea a full rack is good hahah but to a point. at the moment there are 27 surfboards in my garage so thats more than enough haha
Now thats impressive. I wish I had a garage, I'd have alot more toys if I had one.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:04 PM   #11
Try and keep this going. Was on maui this weekend and got to surf Honolua. That was a blast. A decent swell wrapped around and waves were about 5-6'. Pretty fun afternoon.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:08 AM   #12
mxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
mxnborder's Tacoma Gallery
^^ i was about to make a thread for surf and searched and found this, we should keep it going for sure! belows a pic of my at leo carillo, malibu. I'm headed to southsore kauai and maui for two weeks on sunday! stoked!
Old 07-15-2011, 10:23 AM   #13
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed for future contributions.

Guarded here in NJ many years ago and loved screwing around in the surf with the 12' rescue board. Years of less-fun, more-money jobs kept me away for awhile but now I'm back by the ocean with a 7' 10" Jimmy Lewis. It's fun but a bit short for most non-winter days around here. I'll be picking up a longboard in the next few months and hope to have some pics to post soon!

Keep the posts coming!
Old 07-15-2011, 10:26 AM   #14
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
I do! i have.......6 boards? ranging from 5'8-9'2.... 1 G&S, 1 JC, 1 Rainbow, 1 Walden, and 2 Donald Takayama's
Old 07-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #15
mxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
I do! i have.......6 boards? ranging from 5'8-9'2.... 1 G&S, 1 JC, 1 Rainbow, 1 Walden, and 2 Donald Takayama's
put up some shred pics! . . im thinkin we should put up some pics of our sticks in our tacos... wait that sounded kinda dirty hahahaha
Old 07-15-2011, 07:08 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxnborder View Post
put up some shred pics! . . im thinkin we should put up some pics of our sticks in our tacos... wait that sounded kinda dirty hahahaha
Ask and you shall receive. Oh and super stoked just bought a 9' Jay Hodge from my buddies dad. Thing is almost brand new and only paid $150. May have to build another rack in my living room.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:20 PM   #17
I <3 the mall
luk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to behold

Name: luke
luk3's Tacoma Gallery
I do. SC waves suck though
Old 07-15-2011, 09:43 PM   #18
rdp5008 is on a distinguished road
Name: Russell
rdp5008's Tacoma Gallery
Sadly these are my only surfing pics. My trip last year to Mexico. Don't mind the Jeep...it was a rental!
Attached Thumbnails
who surfs?-alex-san-pancho-nayarit-016.jpg   who surfs?-alex-san-pancho-nayarit-023.jpg   who surfs?-alex-san-pancho-nayarit-029.jpg  
Old 07-16-2011, 03:41 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdp5008 View Post
Sadly these are my only surfing pics. My trip last year to Mexico. Don't mind the Jeep...it was a rental!
that first picture looks sick even though its tiny!
Old 07-17-2011, 10:49 AM   #20
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxnborder View Post
im the photographer of our group so no one has pics of me hahaha. Imagine Rob Mochados style. in a tall skinny white kid. thats me.