Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Stealing Bike off Rocky Mounts Clutch SD

Old 06-08-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
watch the meat
cleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
cleanTRDmachine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cleanTRDmachine
Stealing Bike off Rocky Mounts Clutch SD

So my bikes getting tuned up right now and just received my Clutch SD from Rocky Mounts.

I installed it on the truck today and trying to figure out how the bike still can't be stolen???
I can still unscrew the pin and take it apart...
Is there something I'm missing?
Old 06-08-2011, 09:01 PM   #2
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know how the rocky mounts work but the Yakima ones require a lock core. When you lock the skewer, it's well secured but like anything, locks keep honest people honest.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:12 PM   #3
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Mine has a key...
Old 06-09-2011, 01:14 AM   #5
usnwarrior1 is on a distinguished road
Navy: MA1 (EXW)
Name: Ben
usnwarrior1's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same mount and when locked it will not come off. Maybe there is something wrong with the one you have.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:00 AM   #6
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanTRDmachine View Post
mine has a key, but how does the bike stay secure without being able to unscrew the skewer? like I said, I locked it but was still able to unscrew everything.
The tension on the skewer keeps the bolt tight. It'll be more obvious with the bike in the mount but once you tighten, clamp and lock, you won't be unscrewing anything