Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

New Mountain Biker

Old 06-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #21
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
So I have looked and rode a few bikes and I have learned that it is probably best to save up a little more and get a legit bike. I want to get a solid bike that can take a beating. So.. I have my sights set on a Specialized RockHopper 29er. Anybody have one?
Old 07-07-2011, 11:41 AM   #22
Forcritessake is on a distinguished road
Army: MP, 2175th MP CO
Name: Jason
Forcritessake's Tacoma Gallery
I just got the 2011 Specialized Rockhopper 26"
heres a link:

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/...cname=Mountain

MSRP is $740, but I talked the guy down to $550, try there. The Hardrock is a similar bike, but the Rockhopper has the better, lighter frame and a little better spec.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:51 PM   #23
Nothing beats a Butter Shave..
Hipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant future

Name: Tom
Hipster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcritessake View Post
heres a link:

MSRP is $740, but I talked the guy down to $550, try there. The Hardrock is a similar bike, but the Rockhopper has the better, lighter frame and a little better spec.
That looks like a great bike. Even though I've never owned nor ridden one, it has the reputation of being a great, inexpensive, durable and respected hardtail. It's the Tacoma of hardtails. The only difference with the 29" is the perceived benefits of a 29nr.

Great price on the 26" $550 is a fargin' bargin'...
Old 07-12-2011, 07:17 PM   #24
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
heres a link:

You can haggle? Where did you buy it from?
Old 07-12-2011, 07:29 PM   #25
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
Taco Man in HD's Tacoma Gallery
i've got an 06 ss fisher GED with a 130mm travel fork for sale..PM if interested..i'll give ya a deal for being a TW member
Old 07-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #26

LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma350 View Post
i've got an 06 ss fisher GED with a 130mm travel fork for sale..PM if interested..i'll give ya a deal for being a TW member

What size frame?
Old 07-13-2011, 10:18 AM   #27
Forcritessake is on a distinguished road
Army: MP, 2175th MP CO
Name: Jason
Forcritessake's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBCdmv View Post
You can haggle? Where did you buy it from?
My LBS here in Saint Louis, Called... http://www.southsidecyclery.com/
Old 07-13-2011, 10:29 AM   #28

LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My LBS here in Saint Louis, Called... http://www.southsidecyclery.com/

I didnt know that they would take money off... I gotta give that a try. I was hoping to get a little higher-end bike but finding a job is tough. I will probably go with the Wahoo. Thanks for the help.