1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

colorado!

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Hambone155, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Oct 13, 2008 at 10:19 AM
    Hambone155

Hambone155 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    omaha
    Vehicle:
    Causing Butthurt is my job
    port and polish intake manifold, supercharger, pulley for charger, lifted, tires, deckplate, (doing full engine build)
    im a senior in high school and want to plan a trip to colorado i live about 7hrs from the mountains. i was wondering whats the best place to stay? and ski?
    remember im 17 i need something rather affordable unlike most of you rich guys i work of $8/hr. anyway me and my friends are gonna go in on it and want to know where the most fun is?
    Bang for the buck
    we need a hotel room but i dont think that will be a problem we have a couple college kids coming to.
    Where do we go?

thanks and well i wish we could see some tacos out there!

2. Oct 13, 2008 at 10:31 AM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    There are cheap places to stay just about anywhere (even in Aspen and Vail), it really comes down to whether you can afford $80/day for lift tickets :D

3. Oct 13, 2008 at 10:36 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    What part of Colorado? I've stayed at some nice cheap places all over the state.

4. Oct 13, 2008 at 11:35 AM
    cheehab

cheehab I bleed Black and Gold

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Winter Park, CO
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra TRD Pro CrewMax
    Summit county has a bunch of big mountains- Breckenridge, Keystone, Copper, Arapahoe Basin. 40 min to Vail and 1hr to Beaver Creek. It's a lot to take in in a week so it might not be worth all the moving around. You could spend a week at each of those mountains and still not see it all. If you do go to Summit, stay in Breck at the Fireside Inn, but make your reservation as soon as possible.
    Winter Park is the best place I've found. There's less people, and the terrain is some of the best in the state. It's only an hour from Denver, and pretty affordable as far as the resorts go. There's a hostel in Fraser, the next town over, and that's probably the cheapest thing going. There's not a ton of night life, but there's great snowmobile rentals, tubing and great places to eat. Chat up the locals. They give employees great deals on lift tix, so you might just be able to pay $40 for a ticket than $80.

5. Oct 13, 2008 at 1:41 PM
    Hambone155

Hambone155 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    omaha
    Vehicle:
    Causing Butthurt is my job
    port and polish intake manifold, supercharger, pulley for charger, lifted, tires, deckplate, (doing full engine build)
    thanks guys

6. Oct 13, 2008 at 1:54 PM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......

Products Discussed in

To Top