Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

I pooped a little

Old 10-13-2008, 01:02 PM   #1
Doomsday Squad
Swwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the rough

Swwacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Swwacoma
I pooped a little

Not literally, but almost.

I was fishing today at this place called Clam Pass down in Naples. Had some good luck catching fish in the back of the pass (2 decent jacks and a big mangrove snapper) but I wanted to go hunting for snook. There was a sandbar at the mouth of the pass where I've seen snook hanging out before so I walk out there and see a big school of mullet flying by looking really spooked...figure the snook I was after was behind them. Out of the corner of my eye I see something swim by so I turn to cast at it (still assuming its a snook). Nope. When I turn I see the thing just hovering 2 feet from me and I realize that a snook would almost never get that close, especially a big one. I look closer. Def. not a snook.

It was a freaking 4-5 foot long hammer head shark, just chilling. It scared the crap out of me. So I slowly backed out of the water and called my friends over and watched it swim circles in the water for a while. I don't even think I was in knee high water. I know they say thats where you will encounter sharks but I never had seen one there before. Freaky stuff, but then I realized he didn't want to eat me so I went back out there fishing and he would just swim circles around me. Scared the shit out of some tourists though.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:03 PM   #2
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
holy crap. thats scary. anybody there using schad for bait?
Old 10-13-2008, 01:05 PM   #3
Doomsday Squad
Swwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the rough

No, I was the only one fishing near by and I was just using a little glass minnow. Would have loved to get some of the mullet swimming through though.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:08 PM   #4
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i bet. was this area pretty well populated with people fishing or was it just a few people fishing?
Old 10-13-2008, 01:11 PM   #5
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
DAMN i would have definately shit myself but the crazy part is you went back? looks like if he was really hungry you would have been bait or a nice catch for him.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:11 PM   #6
Doomsday Squad

Usually there is a bunch of people fishing, but for some reason it was just me and my friends fishing there today up to the point we left. Like I said we were back in pass fishing (I guess you'd have to see pictures of the place to understand fully) and I ventured off on my own, so there was no one fishing for...100 yards? Probably farther they were still back in the pass when I saw it. They were using the same bait I was though. I think it just followed the mullet in or just knew that they would get pulled into the pass so he just patrolled the mouth looking for a free snack.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:13 PM   #7
Doomsday Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
DAMN i would have definately shit myself but the crazy part is you went back? looks like if he was really hungry you would have been bait or a nice catch for him.
Meh, he wasn't interested in me. If he had been I doubt he would have just been hovering 2 feet away from with my back turned.

Kinda funny, I could put my rod tip in the water and he would swim towards it...kinda like playing with a dog...a big ferocious dog
Old 10-13-2008, 01:14 PM   #8
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
You got some balls man!
Old 10-13-2008, 04:01 PM   #9
Doomsday Squad

meh, it was kinda fun.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:28 PM   #11
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Well shit! I didn't know people fished for them.

Sorry, couldn't resist!