Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Official Kayaking/Canoeing Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #621
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
WTF? No kayakin? Damn...............................me neither, lol. Need to, want to. Waitin for it to snow so I can use it like a sled.
Good idea! that would be fun! We dont get enough snow here for that though.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #622
wareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brad
wareagle1's Tacoma Gallery
Just got a Jackson Big Tuna in forest camo. Stoked but man this weather sucks!
Old 12-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #623
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
WTF? No kayakin? Damn...............................me neither, lol. Need to, want to. Waitin for it to snow so I can use it like a sled.

Had mine out a couple weeks ago. Was 39* out.

going on a trip 1/11.... should be maybe 30* by then if not colder.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #624
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are self-draining with scupper holes so I'd need to wear my wetsuit and booties to go this time of year. Would be cool stuff but wouldn't be able to get anyone else to go with. Kinda spooky going alone like I have a couple of times, depending on where I go. Night time would be interesting thing to do too. I want to do that using my bike light on my helment.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #625
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
Good idea! that would be fun! We dont get enough snow here for that though.
I'm in SE TX so I certainly don't have snow to do that. Was j/k......
Old 01-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #626
ToyTaco2011 is on a distinguished road

ToyTaco2011's Tacoma Gallery
Beautiful day for paddling at White Rock Lake in Dallas, TX

[/url]
Old 01-07-2013, 07:35 AM   #627
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Now's the time to jump on buying used ones for cheap.......
Old 01-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #628
evan164 is on a distinguished road
Name: Evan
evan164's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaparty View Post

I use a bike cable lock and slide one through a scupper hole in the kayak and tie it down to the D-link in the bed. I then just use some ropes on the bed rails to keep it from moving around in the bed. Yak never touches the paint.
How long is that one?
Old 03-04-2013, 12:27 AM   #629
romafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really nice
Army: 66H8A5K- 9a     so if you like visiting my page here, let me know what where you looking for.
Name: Rob
romafern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
if you find one, wilderness systems is a great brand. VERY comfortable seats and high quality
I agree. I have a Pungo 140 that I mail ordered from Austin Kayak. No taxes and I paid 50 green ones for s/h to my front door.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The blue one is a Pelican that I got for the kids. My son uses it mostly...The other one is a Pungo 140 by Wilderness Systems. Very nice and tracks nicely. The pics are around Clarks Hill Reservoir near Disgusta. The bottom pic, is around Betty's Branch that connects to the SAvannah River. Anyone around the Disgusta area, hit me up and we can do some yaking

Reading the entire thread, has me all pumped up to take my yak...
Old 03-04-2013, 05:30 AM   #630
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
I just moved down to Orlando, FL. There are lake ALL OVER the place down here. I am getting excited to get out in the kayak to do some paddling and fishing. There are also a ton of springs around here too.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #631
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Some bumper boat pics from last weekend sinking each other.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #632

Firefighter:
looks like a good time!

I just had the kayak out last weekend. Ended up getting caught in a nasty storm and tried paddling back with the wind at my face. sucked big time. Got whipped all over that lake until I made my way under a bridge to take cover and get on shore with my kayak half submerged.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #633
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
looks like a good time!

I just had the kayak out last weekend. Ended up getting caught in a nasty storm and tried paddling back with the wind at my face. sucked big time. Got whipped all over that lake until I made my way under a bridge to take cover and get on shore with my kayak half submerged.

I try to avoid lakes on windy days and hit the streams up. We got caught last year in VT in a bad lightning storm on a lake. Sucked big time. I paddled my ass off to the nearest shore and we waited it out.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #634

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post

I try to avoid lakes on windy days and hit the streams up. We got caught last year in VT in a bad lightning storm on a lake. Sucked big time. I paddled my ass off to the nearest shore and we waited it out.
It was a nice clear day but being FL... storms pop up out of no where. lol. I was right next to an airport that covered the whole back half of the lake and I was about 100 feet off shore from there so I couldn't get on that shore line without the police getting me. lol That was the first time I got stuck like that. It sucked a lot!
Old 06-07-2013, 07:16 AM   #635
romafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really nice
Army: 66H8A5K- 9a     so if you like visiting my page here, let me know what where you looking for.
Name: Rob
romafern's Tacoma Gallery
For those of you getting stuck in bad weather, not sure if you guys have/take a gps with you...I always take mine or a radio with NOAA capabilities. Just saying...

Getting caught in bad weather sure sucks!
Let get more pics!!!!!

Looks like you had some good looking girls on your outing XXXX!
Old 06-07-2013, 08:04 AM   #636
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafern View Post
For those of you getting stuck in bad weather, not sure if you guys have/take a gps with you...I always take mine or a radio with NOAA capabilities. Just saying...

Getting caught in bad weather sure sucks!
Let get more pics!!!!!

Looks like you had some good looking girls on your outing XXXX!

Yea, she's picture shy and gets pissed so not to many shots I could direct at her....kinda left her in the background. She's pierced ALL over....front, back, undercarriage
Old 06-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #637
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery

My hobie pro angler 12 and cobra
Old 06-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #638
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Yea, she's picture shy and gets pissed so not to many shots I could direct at her....kinda left her in the background. She's pierced ALL over....front, back, undercarriage

forgot to address the bad weather...when we got caught we knew a storm was rolling in. It was our only time we could get out during our camping trip in VT and we rolled the dice. Was a high elevation lake so that didn't make it any better. My CB has all the weather channels on it so I can just tune that in before we drop.

Last weekend we were going to do a lake, but a storm was due in so we decided to hit a river.

I'll still go out in bad weather I just stick to the rivers where we can jump out quickly and hope that it strikes a tree and not the water.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:15 AM   #639
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I'm itchin to get out..... Things have been so damn busy here lately. Between working weekends and home improvement projects, my free time has been used up (and not enough of it). I'm hoping when my vacation starts July 4th, I'll have 4 days of 'free time' before actually leaving for Yellowstone.

Funny....my husband is looking to replace his vehicle this fall. The one main reason to get another SUV, is to carry kayaks on the roof. Either that or he'll buy a car and we'd need to outfit my truck with a kayak mounting system (for longer commutes or trips). Currently - we use his SUV w/ yakima racks on the roof. The truck only gets used for local transport when the put-in and take-out are different locations. We just throw the kayaks in the bed and tie-em up.

Not sure what we'll end up doing.....he's been looking at the RDX (currently has an MDX).

Can't wait to get out again.....
Nice picts!! Makes me want to screw work & projects!! LOL
Old 06-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #640
Tug Life
RnP78 is on a distinguished road

Name: John
RnP78's Tacoma Gallery
My friend and I both have ascends 12fs
Attached Thumbnails
Official Kayaking/Canoeing Thread-image.jpg  

Products Discussed in this Thread