Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Official Kayaking/Canoeing Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #661
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
We will see how the new Tarpon 160 does this weekend. Got a long paddle thru San Diego bay, pick up a scoop of bait and out to Point Loma for some Halibuit.
You throw that beast on top of the taco?
Old 06-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #662
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
You throw that beast on top of the taco?

Old 06-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #663
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
Nice, one person or two person loading?
Old 06-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #664
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
One person can do it, two makes it easy. Wheels are a good idea if you can't pull right up to the water, especially alone.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #665
Seer will become famous soon enoughSeer will become famous soon enough
Name: Tom
Seer's Tacoma Gallery
Yakima Dry Dock, OEM rack with Oak Orchard Gull Wing saddles. Native Watercraft Marvel 12 and Pungo 120.

Old 06-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #666
toyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Grunt
Name: Eric
toyohtadude's Tacoma Gallery
For those looking for a kayak.... sign up on Old Town Canoe for their newsletter. Every spring they have a factory "Blem" sale with heavy discounts. These are all safe/water-worthy crafts but have blemishes. My wife and I got two kayaks with nice seats, foot bars, paddles and holders all for under $400. They both had some bubbling in the mold but both perform very well.

They have the sale, typically in April, for 3 days. The down-side is you have to go or find someone close to send as your proxy. I'll nab some pics of ours and post 'em up.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:26 AM   #667
cheese'd out of my mind
Tuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tuckerhump's Tacoma Gallery
Just picked up 2 kayaks a week ago for some nice putting around/fishing in lakes

Old 07-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #668
Sq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud of
Sq0nk's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up a 12' Perception Carolina this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Official Kayaking/Canoeing Thread-img_20130714_181015.jpg  
Old 07-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #669
Sq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud ofSq0nk has much to be proud of
Sq0nk's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my setup for the new kayak. Yakima 54" Track Hardtop Kit (cut to fit the shell) with HullRaiser Aero.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #670
romafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really nice
Army: 66H8A5K
Name: Rob
romafern's Tacoma Gallery
looking good bro
Old 07-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #671
bigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
bigmooze's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought a Tarpon 120. I intend to fly fish from it

To get it home I tied it down in the bed, buy I'm eyeing up a TracRac, as eventually my wife will have a kayak too. Plus the rack will be useful for ladders etc.

I can't find a definite answer on how to tie the kayak down on the rack... hull up or down?

The bottom of the kayak is fairly flat through the middle of the hull. In the garage I've stored it on its side, but can I safely tie it to the rack hull down? And is there an ideal distance between straps that you guys know of?

I love how stable this kayak is. It's my first one, and I'm not disappointed
Old 07-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #672
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmooze View Post

To get it home I tied it down in the bed, buy I'm eyeing up a TracRac, as eventually my wife will have a kayak too. Plus the rack will be useful for ladders etc.

I can't find a definite answer on how to tie the kayak down on the rack... hull up or down?

The bottom of the kayak is fairly flat through the middle of the hull. In the garage I've stored it on its side, but can I safely tie it to the rack hull down? And is there an ideal distance between straps that you guys know of?

before i got my kayak racks i tied mine upside down
Old 07-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #674
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
i have a sit in kayak
i only used it that way a few times
i picked up some racks for cheap $30 ebay and have not looked back
Old 08-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #675
Snowbound
FrozenTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Frozen
FrozenTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my setup right now, but tomorrow I'm off to buy some Yakima Landsharks to replace the pool noodle foamies LOL
This is with factory racks.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:46 AM   #676
romafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really nice
what kayak is that frozen taco???????

i like
Old 08-28-2013, 08:54 AM   #677
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmooze View Post

I tie them hull side up. I go over the top, under the rack then back on top

Old 08-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #678
anyone has kayak pics with sexy models? need to update my wallpaper
Old 08-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #679
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdNick View Post
I tie them hull side up. I go over the top, under the rack then back on top
Same here. I has big wide windsurfer pads on each side so it works for longboards too............pic of them (tarpon 120s) on the old 05 AC but same same for 08 RC tho.

post #9000
Old 08-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #680
wake100 is on a distinguished road
wake100's Tacoma Gallery

Products Discussed in this Thread