LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Official Kayaking/Canoeing Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 01:37 AM   #701
Big Taco has much to be proud ofBig Taco has much to be proud ofBig Taco has much to be proud ofBig Taco has much to be proud ofBig Taco has much to be proud ofBig Taco has much to be proud ofBig Taco has much to be proud ofBig Taco has much to be proud ofBig Taco has much to be proud of

Air Force: Vehicle Maintenance
Name: Justin
Big Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Tetra is mine and the Venus is used by my daughters.
Attached Thumbnails
Official Kayaking/Canoeing Thread-tetra-12.jpg   Official Kayaking/Canoeing Thread-venus-11.jpg  
Old 09-04-2013, 02:03 AM   #702
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafern View Post
are you talking like the ones from yakima?
Yakima or any other brand that's decent quality.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:27 AM   #703
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
What J hooks is everybody using? Looking at trying to fit 2 12' - 14' yaks on the OEM roof rack.
Got some Thule Hullaports I never use any more. Used to use them on my Mazda but only haul my 2 12' WS yaks on the truck with the Xsporter racks now. If you were local I'd make you a deal on them. Not looking to ship them. They held up fine and will fit most any oem racks.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #704
vibez is a splendid one to beholdvibez is a splendid one to beholdvibez is a splendid one to beholdvibez is a splendid one to beholdvibez is a splendid one to beholdvibez is a splendid one to beholdvibez is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
vibez's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up my new kayak today. A trident 13 can't wait to get her wet.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #705
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Delaware water gap area camp/kayak trip last weekend

camp

camp after setting up
Old 09-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #706
romafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really nice
Army: 66H8A5K
Name: Rob
romafern's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a good time bro!
Old 09-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #707
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
looks like a good time! I haven't gotten the yak out but once this year. working 14 hr days 6 days a week sucks! plus orlando doesn't have shit for kayaking unless you want to play with gators.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #708
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Looks amazing. I love all the green. Sure wish I had some scenery like that out this way.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #709
romafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really nice
Army: 66H8A5K
Name: Rob
romafern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
looks like a good time! I haven't gotten the yak out but once this year. working 14 hr days 6 days a week sucks! plus orlando doesn't have shit for kayaking unless you want to play with gators.
shotgun bro! or tazer gun?
Old 09-05-2013, 04:22 AM   #710
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What are you smoking? All kinds of stuff in the Orlando area to yak. Have you checked out the Econ river? And don't mind the gators, they won't mess with you if you don't mess with them.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #711
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
work hard = play hard

or your doing it wrong

and I wouldn't be jumping in no gator infested waters, but it sure as hell wouldn't stop me from yakking. Heck anyone in FL can get a gun so get yourself a boom stick and go yakking again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
Looks amazing. I love all the green. Sure wish I had some scenery like that out this way.
Grass is always greener on the other side - I always look at your scenery and say "I wish"
Old 09-05-2013, 12:09 PM   #712
andrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2 Battalion 4th Marines
Name: ANDREW
andrew8404's Tacoma Gallery
Just got myself my first kayak and took her out to Big Bear Lake. A Sea eagle 370 two seater. Just getting into the sport but it was a blast! Wish we had some rivers in socal!
Attached Thumbnails
Official Kayaking/Canoeing Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1378408119935.jpg  
Old 09-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #713
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Delaware water gap area camp/kayak trip last weekend

camp

camp after setting up
I was there this weekend too. Around the Barryville, NY area. I love the Delaware water gap. Only did about 40 miles this weekend. Usually we do 50-100 depending how long we stay.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #714
All your soul are belong to us
Enigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Enigmaaron's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
I was there this weekend too. Around the Barryville, NY area. I love the Delaware water gap. Only did about 40 miles this weekend. Usually we do 50-100 depending how long we stay.
We actually pulled out in Barryville on Sunday. Only like a 4 mile trip on the river since we're slow to get moving in the morning and the NY DB who "knows every drop point" couldn't find a decent spot to leave a car a little farther down.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #715
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmaaron View Post
We actually pulled out in Barryville on Sunday. Only like a 4 mile trip on the river since we're slow to get moving in the morning and the NY DB who "knows every drop point" couldn't find a decent spot to leave a car a little farther down.

We camped in Barryville at one of the campgrounds on the river. It was..interesting. No offense to the Jersey guys, but it was like a reject Jersey Shore. I like the first come first serve Park Service campsites, but it was a bachelor party (mine) so we were drinking more than seriously camping. If you spotted 6 drunks in 3 canoes, one wearing a pink and teal One Direction back pack, that was us...
Old 09-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #716
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
Fishing out of mine on Lake Seminole in south Georgia.
https://sphotos-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/h...72352700_n.jpg

Dont understand why this picture wont show up just gives a link.

Mine and my dads kayaks loaded up!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #717
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafern View Post
shotgun bro! or tazer gun?
I carry my revolver on me when I head out. shotgun is too much to carry lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
What are you smoking? All kinds of stuff in the Orlando area to yak. Have you checked out the Econ river? And don't mind the gators, they won't mess with you if you don't mess with them.
Never heard of the Econ river. Im more of a river paddler over lakes but my biggest issue is having transport back to my put in point when I am paddling the rivers by myself. I am sure there are a ton of places, I just haven't found them yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
work hard = play hard

or your doing it wrong

and I wouldn't be jumping in no gator infested waters, but it sure as hell wouldn't stop me from yakking. Heck anyone in FL can get a gun so get yourself a boom stick and go yakking again!
I definitely work hard... but unfortunately, I have no energy left to play hard. lol I still have my OH license since I am in school down here. Tried to buy another gun a while back but they wouldn't let me since I am technically "a non resident" I have a weekend coming up that I can enjoy myself so you bet I will be back out there!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #718

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Check out wekiwa springs as well. Econ is up in Oviedo/Chuluota. It's nice to have a second vehicle but if not put in at the snow hill road bridge and head up stream.

He was about 10' - 12' and on the Econ, wouldn't budge or move out of the way. He's been in that same bend for many years and can't be hunted since he's on state forest waters.
Attached Thumbnails
Official Kayaking/Canoeing Thread-image.jpg  
Old 09-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #719

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Attached Thumbnails
Official Kayaking/Canoeing Thread-image.jpg  
Old 09-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #720
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Just an FYI - if you have a smart phone, there's an APP called "Launch Sites"
It's an APP from www.paddling.net.

It'll show you launch sites around your area and with tips/information about those sites. It's a great way to discover areas near you that you can paddle.

The launch sites themselves are inputted by paddle.net members and sometimes the information isn't always up to date but its a great way to pick out waterways.

Or, you can access the same info thru www.paddling.net

(In case you didn't have an app for this)