Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Official Kayaking/Canoeing Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Official Kayaking/Canoeing Thread

Didn't see one of these threads here and it seems like we have quite a few people on here that kayak/canoe/raft. Post what boats you have (pics if you have any!), modifications you have made to it, etc. Talk about upcoming/past trips you have made!

I have a 11' Perception Rhythm Sit in kayak. The boat didn't come with drain plugs (weird for being a sit in) so I added a drain plug at the bow and stern. Also added 3 anchor points to either tie stuff down on top of the storage lid or attach my anchor to so I can float in one area. Next mods will be a fishing rod holder, better anchor system (so I can control where the anchor is on the boat), and a paddle holder.

Not mine but a better view of the deck layout:

Lets see what you all got!
Old 06-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #2
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i love kayaking. well i have only done it in a pound. and a cove at the lake. but it was fun as hell. i want to get one and go down the river.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:29 PM   #3
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Name: Curt
SteelRain's Tacoma Gallery
I have an old Dagger, I bought used. I'll try and post pics later.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
FL Grown is on a distinguished road

FL Grown's Tacoma Gallery

We kayak both forks of the St. Lucie River, Indian River Lagoon, The Sandbar and take them camping to paddle the springs in central Florida.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #7
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD4x4JIM View Post

I have two Kayak. This on is a Perception Prodigy 12, I go out every weekend and on wed. night
very nice! How do you like that prodigy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
Added a 3 lb largemouth bass to my kayak last week.
sweet!!! I have yet to fish out of mine yet.

Did a midnight kayak/canoe trip down the river with my cousin and a bunch of his friends. That was awesome! It was interesting piling 3 people per canoe though. Glad I had my own boat so I could just sit back and watch everything unfold.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:56 PM   #8
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Perception Aaron & thread!
I just got out of the water at Kennebunk pond in Maine on my Perception Swifty. I really wanted to buy a Wilderness Systems Tarpon this summer but the funds did not work out. How do you like the Perception model?
Old 07-04-2011, 08:42 PM   #9
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office

My used Dagger at Canyon Lake, AZ
Old 07-04-2011, 08:49 PM   #10

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
Nice Perception Aaron & thread!
I just got out of the water at Kennebunk pond in Maine on my Perception Swifty. I really wanted to buy a Wilderness Systems Tarpon this summer but the funds did not work out. How do you like the Perception model?
Thank you. I love the Wilderness Systems kayaks. I was just about to buy the Pungo 125 but had a few things come up that made me drop down to a less expensive boat. It is a love hate relationship with my kayak. I have only had it since March and the piece that connect the seat to the bottom of the boat has already broken off, the bottom right below your knee has a concave dip in it. Have not even drug it over any rocks or sat it out in the sun! The place I bought it from is one of those factory second dealers so I have a feeling it is going to be a p.i.t.a. to do anything with warranty. Otherwise, I don't mind it too much. The seat thing is un-noticable so I dont mind that but the dip is a bit aggravating. Kinda wish I saved up the money again and bought the W.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinal1223 View Post

My used Dagger at Canyon Lake, AZ
Very nice! that a 10 or 12ft?
Old 07-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #12

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post

the 3 lber.
Nice catch! How stable is your boat while you are casting and reeling in?
Old 07-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #13
Veteran Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
Very nice! that a 10 or 12ft?
It's a 10 footer. It doesn't track straight, but it's my first one and I like it.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:10 PM   #15
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a Future Beach fishing kayak (the one on the left). It's got a dihedral hull which is great for side to side stability, however it turns like a brick. My gf has a Dagger Crossfire which is shown on the right. It's a lot more maneuverable than mine but takes more finesse to paddle straight and not turn. It takes using your hips which I am not good at.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:31 PM   #16
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 10' pelican...basic but it's all i need since it's just for floating pretty much.

I do need to find a cup holder for it though, and maybe some paddle clips for the side.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:35 PM   #17

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
I have a 10' pelican...basic but it's all i need since it's just for floating pretty much.

I do need to find a cup holder for it though, and maybe some paddle clips for the side.

That is what I use. Works great! Got it for about $5 I think at Dicks.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:41 PM   #18
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
i have 2 equinox 10.4s! i love them! go down the river almost every weekend. (salt river arizona)
Old 07-04-2011, 10:41 PM   #19
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post

That is what I use. Works great! Got it for about $5 I think at Dicks.
I think the lip around the cockpit on my pursuit is too wide for that...it's like 3". I sent the co that makes those an email though. might have to make one out of pvc lol
Old 07-04-2011, 10:58 PM   #20

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
I think the lip around the cockpit on my pursuit is too wide for that...it's like 3". I sent the co that makes those an email though. might have to make one out of pvc lol
It should fit. They are really made for canoes. My cockpit has a pretty wide lip as well. The top piece flexes pretty wide.

Products Discussed in this Thread