Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Bike rack or other for truck bed? road bike with carbon fork

Old 06-29-2011, 01:32 AM   #1
DCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
DCGirl's Tacoma Gallery
Bike rack or other for truck bed? road bike with carbon fork

I recently purchased a road bike that has a carbon fork. I have been using the rocky mounts truck fork for my mountain bike but some say you shouldn't attach a carbon fork bike to that mount and some say it's okay.

Any suggestions on how I should load my road bike onto my truck bed? properly anyway, don't wanna just throw it in with it sliding around since it was not cheap. There are times I may be traveling 300+miles. With 2-3 bikes.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:39 AM   #2
USFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Medical
Name: Jeff
USFCON's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCGirl View Post
I recently purchased a road bike that has a carbon fork. I have been using the rocky mounts truck fork for my mountain bike but some say you shouldn't attach a carbon fork bike to that mount and some say it's okay.

Any suggestions on how I should load my road bike onto my truck bed? properly anyway, don't wanna just throw it in with it sliding around since it was not cheap. There are times I may be traveling 300+miles. With 2-3 bikes.
Have my carbon road bike in the fork mounts and never had any problems. Also hauled them for 4 hours to Cocoa beach with mine and a Cervelo without any problems.

Not exactly what your looking for but my .02
Old 08-20-2011, 12:03 PM   #3
terryshiels is on a distinguished road
Army: FA FDC Computer
Name: Terry
terryshiels's Tacoma Gallery
I have a new Tacoma Double Cab with a Camper Top. I want to put a fork mount system in the back near the tail gate. I haul camera gear sometimes and bike gear sometimes. I can't have a fork mount permanently mounted as it interferes with loading and unloading work equipment. Anyone have a similar situation and solution?