Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

No UFC for a month... Check out these other great MMA fight cards

Old 07-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
SilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
SilverTacoEater's Tacoma Gallery
No UFC for a month... Check out these other great MMA fight cards

Well UFC 133 isnt going to be until August 6th. That means, no UFC for a whole month. But, if you only watch the UFC and you need your MMA fix, here are cards that could make you happy.

These are cards that are either popular or that can be seen on television.

M-1 Challenge
July 8th, 2011

Pat Bennett vs. Kenny Garner II (Garner beat Bennet via TKO in round 1 in their first meeting)
Eddie Arizmendi vs. Jason Norwood
Daniel Weichel vs. Beau Baker
Mairbek Taisumov vs. Josh Bacallao
Arthur Guseinov vs. Tyson Jeffries
Georgi Karakhanyan vs. Randy Spence

DREAM .17
July 16th, 2011

Bruno Carvalho vs. Eiji Mitsuoka
Marius Zaromskis vs. Hayato Sakurai II (another good one)
Todd Duffee vs. Nick Gaston (this will be fun)
Kenji Osawa vs. Keisuke Fujiwara
Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Willamy Freire (see how Kawajiri bounces back after getting crushed by Melendez)
Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Kazuyuki Miyata
Gegard Mousasi vs. Hiroshi Izumi (always love watching Gegard)
Masakazu Imanari vs. Hideo Tokoro

Strikeforce Challengers 17
July 22nd, 2011

Roger Bowling vs. Bobby Voelker III
Liz Carmouche vs. Sarah Kaufman (two top ten ranked women fighters)
Ovince St. Preux vs. Joe Cason
Lavar Johnson vs. Devin Cole
Brian McLaughlin vs. Ronald Stallings
Guto Inocente vs. Lionel Lanham

Bellator 47
July 23rd, 2011

Joe Warren vs. Patricio Freire II (BW grand prix fight)
Pat Curran vs. Ronnie Mann
Nazareno Malegarie vs. Marlon Sandro

Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson
July 30th, 2011

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Dan Henderson (Battle of two legends)
Marloes Coenen vs. Miesha Tate (battle between two top 5 woman fighters)
Tim Kennedy vs. Robbie Lawler (Should be a war)
Paul Daley vs. Tyron Woodley (classic wrestler vs striker)
Scott Smith vs. Tarec Saffiedine (scott got KO'd twice in a row, see how he does after two losses)
Alexis Davis vs. Julie Kedzie

Some of these cards are not finished being put together. What do you guys think? Alot of really good fights taking place for MMA fans that arent under the UFC banner.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:22 AM   #3
SilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoEater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I can't wait for DREAM. Gotta love JMMA.

Strikeforce Fedor v. Henderson is STACKED! You know someone is getting KO'd between Hendo and Fedor. Kennedy vs Lawler should be good too.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:50 PM   #4
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlimDigg's Tacoma Gallery
JMMA is terrible.

Fedor Hendo is the card of the month for sure
Old 07-08-2011, 04:59 AM   #5
No doubt about the Strikeforce card!
How is JMMA terrible? Some of the most memorable and exciting fights came out of JMMA. Fedor v. Cro Cop, Fedor v. Big Nog, Cro Cop v. Wanderlei, Rampage v. Wanderlei, any Sakaraba fight, any Minowa fight, any Shinya Aoki fight, any Shogun fight.
Plus the ring adds a completely different element vs the cage. Ring is built more for strikers and theres less wall n stall. Not to mention because of the soccer kicks and knees on the ground grapplers have to set up take downs or they get punished for failing a takedown. So i dont see how JMMA is terrible. different rules, different ring, different fights. it all adds a different dynamic you dont see in mma in america.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #6
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Stop living in the past bro

Ring is terrible, getting stuck in the ropes is retarded.

Plus JMMA isn't all those things anymore, Pride is gone.

Maybe i'm just disappointed in all the failed Jap fighters. They only good ones are Aoki and Okami (and Okami never fought in Japan)
Old 07-11-2011, 01:03 PM   #7
I'm not living in the past, just making a case for JMMA.
I enjoy watching the ring and seeing how much it changes game plans and outcomes of fights. Like i said it helps create better angles and ways to trap opponents. Its hard to trap someone in an octagon because there are no corners. Plus stomps and knees while down punishes fighters for failed shots. Why do you think guys like Shogun and Wandy always talk about adding them? They're game changers.
People could make cases for the cage being retarded as well, because it lends itself to wall stalls.
I dont know how you can call all Japanese fighters "failures" either? Theiy're two different styles of mma with two different rule sets. Theres more successful jap fighters than just Aoki and Okami. Theres also Hayato Sakurai, Tatsuya Kawajiri (top 10), Sakaraba, Gomi, Takeshi Inoue, Hatsu Haoki (numbe 2 ranked), Akiyama, Omigawa, Megumi Fugi and many others.
I just dont know how you can call yourself a true mma fan without appreciating JMMA? Some of the greatest fights and fighters came out of JMMA.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:55 PM   #8
Resident MMA Fanatic

Ok chief, you're "dream"ing if you think fighting anywhere outside of the ufc makes you good. "Successful" financially maybe, but not best in the world.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:02 PM   #9
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with SlimDigg, Ropes sucked for MMA.... Rings are good for K-1, boxing, But not for MMA where grappling is A big part of it.

Can't wait for Anderson Silva Vs Yushin Okami...
Old 07-11-2011, 05:43 PM   #10
Im not saying JMMA is better than UFC. the UFC usually picks up the best fighters in the world, which expains why they have most of the top ten fighters in all weight classes. All im saying is its naive to say that all japanese fighters or that all fighters outside of the UFC are "failures".
Im still not understanding why ropes suck in MMA either? It forces grapplers to pick their shots carefully because they dont have a cage to push their opponent up against. You're not really making an argument for your point... all you're saying is I'm wrong, when it seems pretty clear you can't make an argument for your case.
i was hoping as the self proclaimed "MMA Fanatic" you would be able to make a intelligent debate.... Instead you seem to be trying to talk down on me. You must spend alot of time on sherdog dont you, scooter?
Old 07-11-2011, 05:44 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
I agree with SlimDigg, Ropes sucked for MMA.... Rings are good for K-1, boxing, But not for MMA where grappling is A big part of it.

Can't wait for Anderson Silva Vs Yushin Okami...
Anderson vs. Yushin should be good. Can't wait to see if Okami's training with Chael has paid off.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:01 PM   #12
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
It's all good to me. I just like to watch a good fight, wether it's in the UFC or somewhere else.

I agree that the UFC has the best fighters, but that dosnt mean they put on the best fights. Some of the best fights i've seen were from lesser known cats on DREAM and K1.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #13
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTacoEater View Post
Anderson vs. Yushin should be good. Can't wait to see if Okami's training with Chael has paid off.

Yup, Chael is good friends with him now. Shit, if I was Chael I'd be befriending everyone that is about to fight Silva. Chael can train him how to beat Silva and do the trash talk for him lol. It would be cool to have a Japanese champ, there needs to be one.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #14
Yea they became good friends after Chael manhandled him in their fight. It should be pretty interesting because Okami has some solid wrestling, though not as good as chaels, but much better sub defense.
I still.have a feeling andersons gonna win though. I think chael will be the one who beats anderson, as long as he gets past Brian Stann.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:26 PM   #15
Nothin
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Brian Stann has A hard time with wrestlers, so he might have a problem with Chael.. Too bad I wont be able to see this fight, I'll be in recruit training for the Navy
Old 07-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #16
Resident MMA Fanatic

Quote:
All im saying is its naive to say that all japanese fighters or that all fighters outside of the UFC are "failures".
I never said all fighters outside the ufc are failures, I said the Japanese fighters (save okami and Aoki)

Kawajiri got WORKED by Melendez
Aoki lost to Melendez (convincingly)
Takanori Gomi - 1-2 in the UFC
Michihiro Omigawa - 0-4 in the UFC (granted the Elkins decision was BULLSHIT)
Takeya Mizugaki - 3-4 UFC/WEC
Kid Yamamoto - 0-1 UFC

Quote:
Im still not understanding why ropes suck in MMA either?
Ropes suck in MMA because when the drive for the takedown you go out into the ropes, the ref has to "restart" you in the middle and they don't get put back into the same position. It may look like the same position but it is always slightly different. Not a fan of any type of restarts. Ropes are always bad when you are on the bottom because you can't use the ropes to help yuo get back up. Also bad because when guys get taken down, they throw their arm over the rope and hold themselves up (happens in the cage also)

Quote:
i was hoping as the self proclaimed "MMA Fanatic" you would be able to make a intelligent debate.... Instead you seem to be trying to talk down on me. You must spend alot of time on sherdog dont you, scooter?
First off, it's not up for debate. Ropes are terrible.
Then you tell me i'm talking down on you, then you do the exact same thing to me. Also, i've never even browsed Sherdog once.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:20 PM   #17
Resident MMA Fanatic

Quote:
Chael can train him how to cheat and still lose, but act like he won.
Fixed that for you
Old 07-11-2011, 09:32 PM   #18
Nothin
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
The Anderson Silva kick to Yushin Okami's face while he was on his knees cheating?

So Chael will teach Yushin to pull guard wait till Anderson props up then he will deliver an illegal upkick.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:37 PM   #19
Resident MMA Fanatic

Quote:
The Anderson Silva kick to Yushin Okami's face while he was on his knees cheating?
No, the Chael i'm to fight with elevated levels of testosterone TRT cheating.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #20
Nothin
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimDigg View Post
No, the Chael i'm to fight with elevated levels of testosterone TRT cheating.
Yeah, would it of been a NC if he did win? Also, did you know if Anderson won that fight he woulda faced Shileds? Sucks that it didn't turn out like that..