Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Hockey Trash Talk

Old 02-10-2010, 04:13 PM   #41
Patrick is on a distinguished road
Patrick's Tacoma Gallery
I was a huge Hartford Whalers fan still am. I root for the Bruins now the other new england team. I also hate Montreal with a passion.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:17 PM   #42
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Even though it's been a shit season, GO FLYERS!

I'm a Flyers, Blackhawk, and Yotes fan.

Least the hawks and the yotes have been doing well!
Old 02-11-2010, 11:39 AM   #43
CAPS CAPS CAPS!
asphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, B Co, 1st BN, 6th MAR ('93 - '97)
Name: Jason
asphaltpilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post

Im also a fan of Hextall because he was fucking nuts, but that's just me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8_wrJpRDaU
Awesome. Players were so volatile just years ago. I really miss that type of play.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:04 AM   #44
CAPS CAPS CAPS!
asphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, B Co, 1st BN, 6th MAR ('93 - '97)
Name: Jason
asphaltpilot's Tacoma Gallery
So The VP of the NHL said that because their isn't a rule in place, suspending Cooke was a no go. The shoulder-to-head or anything-to-head hits will go into effect next season. So does that mean players can do these hits for the rest of this season with no suspension? The VP and GM's didn't address that.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:24 AM   #46
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
hey goalie i've seen coupons that save more than you. by far my favorite
Old 03-21-2010, 09:54 AM   #47
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Even though it's been a shit season, GO FLYERS!

I'm a Flyers, Blackhawk, and Yotes fan.

Least the hawks and the yotes have been doing well!
Not feeling any love for Philly or Chicago , but the Coyotes are having an amazing season , too bad it will probably be their last in Phoenix ,

OZ
Old 03-21-2010, 11:02 AM   #48
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Not feeling any love for Philly or Chicago , but the Coyotes are having an amazing season , too bad it will probably be their last in Phoenix ,

OZ
Nonsense. They will continue to stay here.

Oh and that Ovie hit on Campbell is complete bullshit.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:21 AM   #49
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I guess time will tell , seems that the Ice Edge deal is not going too smoothly , maybe somebody else will step in , Atlanta might move before Pheonix .

Ovie used to get a free pass from the NHL and the players , but I think that is running thin , one of these days , probably in the playoffs , someone is going to knock his block off ,

OZ
Old 03-21-2010, 11:26 AM   #50
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09AFTacoma View Post
ROCK THE RED!!i!!

CAPITALS ARE TAKING IT ALL THIS YEAR

^ This^
Old 03-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #51
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I guess time will tell , seems that the Ice Edge deal is not going too smoothly , maybe somebody else will step in , Atlanta might move before Pheonix .

Ovie used to get a free pass from the NHL and the players , but I think that is running thin , one of these days , probably in the playoffs , someone is going to knock his block off ,

OZ
Ovie's hit on Briere:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxMJrQhGoSg

Ovie's hit on Campbell:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je9nEbQASNc

And because of Ovechkin's "innocent" hit, Campbell is out for 7-8 weeks. Now, I like Ovie. But his dirty hits are getting to be too much.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:28 AM   #52
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

Yeah No Shit.. just because Campbell is a pussy doesnt mean Ovi should have gotten suspended... if anything they should have called Campbell for Diving and then Delay of game for getting hurt because he took a dive
Old 03-21-2010, 11:33 AM   #53
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah No Shit.. just because Campbell is a pussy doesnt mean Ovi should have gotten suspended... if anything they should have called Campbell for Diving and then Delay of game for getting hurt because he took a dive
That's a bunch of bullshit. That was a cheap shot by Ovechkin. And because of Ovechkin's pussy move, Campbell is out for 7-8 weeks with injuries. If anything, Ovechkin should have been suspended for longer!
Old 03-21-2010, 11:34 AM   #54

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

He dove so hard he mangled his shoulder , Ovie's a great player , but his free pass days are over .

OZ
Old 03-21-2010, 11:47 AM   #55
Sticks For Troops

Ovi gave him a light push Campbell dump the puck off real quick and tried to duck under it instead of being a man and taking the hit .. and beacuse he tried to duck under it he man him self vulnerable and it resulted him in losing his edge and getting hurt. Ovi did NOT throw an illegal hit it was from the side, campbell knew it was coming, and if he was a smart player he would have collected the puck and continued to skate towards the boards around the net so if and when he would get hit he could be prepaired to take it safely.. not ditch the puck at the last second and almost come to a stop 8 feet from the boards ....

Plan and simple, Ovi gave a "light" shove on a guy that left himself out in the open, when he should have stood up to take it..
Old 03-21-2010, 11:54 AM   #56

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ovi gave him a light push Campbell dump the puck off real quick and tried to duck under it instead of being a man and taking the hit .. and beacuse he tried to duck under it he man him self vulnerable and it resulted him in losing his edge and getting hurt. Ovi did NOT throw an illegal hit it was from the side, campbell knew it was coming, and if he was a smart player he would have collected the puck and continued to skate towards the boards around the net so if and when he would get hit he could be prepaired to take it safely.. not ditch the puck at the last second and almost come to a stop 8 feet from the boards ....

Plan and simple, Ovi gave a "light" shove on a guy that left himself out in the open, when he should have stood up to take it..

Dude , refresh your memory by watching the video link posted above , where exactly does he try to duck under the check ? He moves the puck and Ovie shoves him , what Ovie should have done was take another stride and paste Cambell into the boards with a legal bodycheck . That there was a dangerous area to shove another player , 6 feet from the boards , he could have crushed him with a legal hit , no penalty , no suspension ,

OZ
Old 03-21-2010, 01:04 PM   #57
Sticks For Troops

I have watched the clip many times.. and campbell ditches the puck and then makes a crouching motion to just coast behind the net.. and less than 1 second after he gets rid of the puck Ovi gives him a "light" shove If Campbell kept skating and didnt slow down he wouldnt have been 6 feet away from the boards and the push would have ben a check into the glass..

All in all you shouldnt suspend Ovi because his light shove is stronger than Campbell skating ability
Old 03-21-2010, 01:22 PM   #58
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have watched the clip many times.. and campbell ditches the puck and then makes a crouching motion to just coast behind the net.. and less than 1 second after he gets rid of the puck Ovi gives him a "light" shove If Campbell kept skating and didnt slow down he wouldnt have been 6 feet away from the boards and the push would have ben a check into the glass..

All in all you shouldnt suspend Ovi because his light shove is stronger than Campbell skating ability
"light shove" my ass

if it was truly "light", then Campbell wouldn't have had the injuries he currently does

and Campbell's skating ability is one of the best in the league. i'm not saying he is the fastest, i'm saying his technique and abilities and skills are some of the best in the league. it was a dangerous and cheap hit. ovechkin deserves more than a mere 2 game suspension...
Old 03-21-2010, 01:30 PM   #59
Sticks For Troops

you have got to be shittin me.. as soon as Ovi touches him his feet go out from under him.. they even talked about it on PTI, many former players have said it appeared as Campbell, went down.. "took a dive" and just hit the boards wrong and i would agree.. I know from playing hockey all my life that if Ovi would have thrown a hit or shoved his ass with intention then campbell would have gone head first not shoulder/body first.. and it would have been worst..

Also its easy to break a collar bone Ive had two teammates do it, one recieving a check and one he threw a check.. if your shoulders hit the boards just right.. the bone just pops
Old 03-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #60

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
We can all agree to disagree on the legallity of the hit , but if Ovie wants to play the big checker badass role , why the , as you put it , " light shove " , when all he had to do is follow Campbell for 6 more feet and obliterate him into the end boards ? Campbell was already turning to go behind the net and Ovie was close enough that Campbell wouldn't have been able to use the net as protection , and I'm sorry , but at no point does Campbell try to duck under the hit .

Some NHL suspensions are definitely influenced by the resulting injury or lack of injury , my point was that Ovie's free pass days in the league are over ,

OZ