Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

snowboard talk/BS

Old 08-12-2011, 02:40 PM   #21
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
thanks dude. good point. ill probably find a local shop when i get to school
anytime man! do you have iphone? if so there is a good app you may like. itís called skullcandy and you can find, ski slopes, some moto tracks, skate parks, surf spots. it has some shop feature, dealers, some music. and it free. i bet they have the some thing on Droid.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:47 PM   #22
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
anytime man! do you have iphone? if so there is a good app you may like. itís called skullcandy and you can find, ski slopes, some moto tracks, skate parks, surf spots. it has some shop feature, dealers, some music. and it free. i bet they have the some thing on Droid.
yeah i think i saw that during the xgames maybe. ill have to check it out
Old 08-12-2011, 02:51 PM   #23
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah i found it in june. there are some mx tracks that are not on it.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:02 PM   #24
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah i found it in june. there are some mx tracks that are not on it.
ohh. they need to put some mountain bike trails on it haha
Old 08-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #25
Byte Me
JFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JFKLives's Tacoma Gallery
snowboard thread popping up in August sounds like wishful thinking lol I'll drive to get a picture of my axe this weekend though
Old 08-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #26
We are insignificantly importnant in this universe
Codystauffer is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
Codystauffer's Tacoma Gallery
hell yeah what a badass thread. Anyone snowboard the tahoe area?
Old 08-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFKLives View Post
snowboard thread popping up in August sounds like wishful thinking lol I'll drive to get a picture of my axe this weekend though
haha. hey i started it in like july. lol and it was dead for like 3 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codystauffer View Post
thanks. i could not find one so i made one. and i did not want to wait till fall/winter. lol
Old 08-12-2011, 03:33 PM   #28
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codystauffer View Post
I am a Sierra at Tahoe junky! I love the back country there. Also Kirkwood.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:40 PM   #29
We are insignificantly importnant in this universe
Codystauffer is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
Codystauffer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptowntaco View Post
I am a Sierra at Tahoe junky! I love the back country there. Also Kirkwood.
Yeah those mountains are killer. I worked at sugar bowl last season and spent a lot of time at donner summit!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:50 AM   #30
Byte Me
JFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JFKLives's Tacoma Gallery
My nitro with K2 cinch bindings and boots

Old 08-15-2011, 10:04 AM   #31
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd!

I just bought myself a Lib Tech dark series 158... Got a sweet deal too since it was summer they list for $666 (which I thought was kind of funny for Lib to do) and picked it up for $400. No pics of it... I haven't even seen it yet as I had it shipped to my grandparents house which is where I go to school and ride (Terry Peak in Lead, SD anyone else heard of it?) I guess you can see my old ass Lamar... my parents bought it used for me about 8 years ago it's pretty thrashed. I also ride K2 Raider boots and Burton cartel bindings. Can't wait for the snow to start falling!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #32
UMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Nic
UMBCrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
Sub'd!

I just bought myself a Lib Tech dark series 158... Got a sweet deal too since it was summer they list for $666 (which I thought was kind of funny for Lib to do) and picked it up for $400. No pics of it... I haven't even seen it yet as I had it shipped to my grandparents house which is where I go to school and ride (Terry Peak in Lead, SD anyone else heard of it?) I guess you can see my old ass Lamar... my parents bought it used for me about 8 years ago it's pretty thrashed. I also ride K2 Raider boots and Burton cartel bindings. Can't wait for the snow to start falling!
Cant go wrong with a Lib Tech, that's what i ride all there boards are pretty good.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:44 AM   #33
Legally a baller
blazedCBR is just really niceblazedCBR is just really niceblazedCBR is just really niceblazedCBR is just really nice

Name: Alan
blazedCBR's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=TACO721;3572154]you should try it! and if you do let me know and if i can iíll go up too. iím still kinda learning. at ober itís $35 to rent board and boots i think. but they are really crapy boards. after about 4 times or so and you like it. look at getting a board. and if you do get one go to board room! i think they are allot nicer than alpine ski center. and most likely if you talk to them a little just about ober or riding they may give you better deal. i think they took like $100 to $150 off my price. wear a bouts you live in knoxville? iím right by Norris and Clinton.

Yeah, that sounds kickass dude! We bought a house over in west Knox, I think we're technically in Farragut. I've gotta get a job in k-town, I currently commute like an hour and 15 min. to work every day, so I have had zero time to do any of my hobbies. I've mtn. biked for years and got a new Trek Fuel EX-7. I'd definitely love to add boarding to my list. Thanks for offering to teach me bro!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:45 AM   #34
Legally a baller
blazedCBR is just really niceblazedCBR is just really niceblazedCBR is just really niceblazedCBR is just really nice

Name: Alan
blazedCBR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFKLives View Post
My nitro with K2 cinch bindings and boots

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet...
Old 08-15-2011, 10:57 AM   #35
Just some guy
JRockTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
JRockTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Dammit! Now you got me thinkin about snow season & Mammoth doesn't open for months. I ride a Rome Agent 159 & love it. Perfect for shredding powder. I miss living in Tahoe!!!
Attached Thumbnails
snowboard talk/BS-mammoth.jpg  
Old 08-15-2011, 11:05 AM   #36
UMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Nic
UMBCrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRockTaco View Post
Dammit! Now you got me thinkin about snow season & Mammoth doesn't open for months. I ride a Rome Agent 159 & love it. Perfect for shredding powder. I miss living in Tahoe!!!
Thats a pretty sweet picture. i always forget that big wooly is there until i see it in a pic cause i never ride out of main lodge.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:12 AM   #37
qb6fire is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Josh
qb6fire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruler View Post
I gotta Burton charger, the edges are fucked so I'm in the market for a new board. Hopefully save some money by buying in the off season (summer )

I want a decent board thats not too expensive, some of those bindings with the fast release (dont know what they're called)

Last season was good I hit up Mt High, Mt Baldy in So Cal , and Brianhead Utah. Brianhead was by far the best, went once for new years it was so good went back in late sping (end of April) and there was still plenty of powder !!
brianhead utah is legit had a blast there but also bruised my tailbone on a rail :/
Old 08-15-2011, 11:14 AM   #38
qb6fire is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Josh
qb6fire's Tacoma Gallery
got myself an aurbur formula 156, k2 bindings, and solomon boots that are lighter than my work boots!
Old 08-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #39
mj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Meg
mj918's Tacoma Gallery
Good thread OP! At work so I'll have to post some of my gear later tonight. Last season was so awesome!!! Dont think Ive ridden that many powder days in a long time, slope style.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:55 AM   #40

[QUOTE=blazedCBR;3582622]
Quote:
Yeah, that sounds kickass dude! We bought a house over in west Knox, I think we're technically in Farragut. I've gotta get a job in k-town, I currently commute like an hour and 15 min. to work every day, so I have had zero time to do any of my hobbies. I've mtn. biked for years and got a new Trek Fuel EX-7. I'd definitely love to add boarding to my list. Thanks for offering to teach me bro!
oh cool one of my brothers lives off lovell road like 5 min from Turkey creek. yeah i hear you on getting a job in k-town. i have tried all over clinton and canít get shit. and sweet i have kinda been wanting to start mtn biking. i have a 26Ē Diamond back hard tail i got at dicks sporting goods last year. nothing high dollar. all i do right now is go down steps and jump curbs lol. and i figured it would be at least an OK starter.

do you have facebook? if so you can add me if you want. (any of you guys that want to add me can) http://www.facebook.com/ZachDAVIS.721