Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

snowboard talk/BS

Old 12-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #1781
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
*wind chill

was at abasin that day and i concur...it was fucking cold!

snow was great tho...great for early december
Old 12-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #1782
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
*wind chill

was at abasin that day and i concur...it was fucking cold!

snow was great tho...great for early december
Effing auto correct... hno:

Geez man, it felt like I was naked!
Old 12-12-2013, 04:26 AM   #1783
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
so for youz guyz with the new serrated edges sharpen then?
looking to give my skunk ape some love
Old 12-12-2013, 06:38 AM   #1784
There go my nipples again!
Dilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shawn
Dilsky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
I have not yet attempted it, but Skunk Ape for the win!

Zombie Bob Ross!
Old 12-12-2013, 06:46 AM   #1785
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoIII View Post
bought this for 100 bucks. Good deal or no??
Ok guys I posted this up a while back. What boots will work with these bindings?

Sorry the pics didnt show up with the quote. post 1771, page 89. let me see if i can get the pics to this post.
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #1786
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilsky View Post
I have not yet attempted it, but Skunk Ape for the win!

Zombie Bob Ross!
i've had no issues sharpening my skunk ape split or my TRS with the normal edge sharpeners

may not be perfect but luckily out here you don't need perfect edges
Old 12-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #1787
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
i've had no issues sharpening my skunk ape split or my TRS with the normal edge sharpeners

may not be perfect but luckily out here you don't need perfect edges
Yep I have a couple mervin manufacturing boards with magnetraction and I just use a normal sharpener. The outer curves are what matter, and the sharpener hits them just fine.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:03 AM   #1788
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoIII View Post
Ok guys I posted this up a while back. What boots will work with these bindings?

Sorry the pics didnt show up with the quote. post 1771, page 89. let me see if i can get the pics to this post.
I can't see the picture but why don't you just take it to a shop and find a pair of boots that you like and fit the bindings?
Old 12-14-2013, 08:37 AM   #1789
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: First Responder, Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced EMT
futuretacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
anyone riding a reverse camber board??? Hows it ride?? I found a sweet deal on a board thats reverse camber but never tried one so any explanation on how it rides if you hav ridden one personally would be great!

Edit: I know that reverse camber tends to be more freestyle oriented, I am more of an all-mountain freerider. Glade runs and black diamonds is where you can usually find me, not the park.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #1790
I like my bagels hard.
IronBagel is on a distinguished road

Name: Jake
IronBagel's Tacoma Gallery
Hurt my back this weekend, but on the plus side there was some sweet air involved
Old 12-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #1791
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by futuretacoowner View Post
anyone riding a reverse camber board??? Hows it ride?? I found a sweet deal on a board thats reverse camber but never tried one so any explanation on how it rides if you hav ridden one personally would be great!

Edit: I know that reverse camber tends to be more freestyle oriented, I am more of an all-mountain freerider. Glade runs and black diamonds is where you can usually find me, not the park.
i love my reverse cambers...i don't think i'd go back to normal camber

i ride all mountain, "big" mountain and backcountry

so from groomers/bumps/choppy to steep chutes to chest deep...

i ride mainly Lib Tech TRS, Lib Tech Skunk Ape and K2 Gyrator

the Gyrator is a bit squirrely on the flats, but if you keep an edge groomers are doable...but that's a powder board with A LOT of rocker

the two Lib Techs are amazing all around..no complaints
Old 12-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #1792
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
i love my reverse cambers...i don't think i'd go back to normal camber

i ride all mountain, "big" mountain and backcountry

so from groomers/bumps/choppy to steep chutes to chest deep...

i ride mainly Lib Tech TRS, Lib Tech Skunk Ape and K2 Gyrator

the Gyrator is a bit squirrely on the flats, but if you keep an edge groomers are doable...but that's a powder board with A LOT of rocker

the two Lib Techs are amazing all around..no complaints
right on I can get one of these at a decent price:

http://k2snowboarding.com/snowboards...splitboard-kit
Old 12-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #1793
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

woot that storm was sweet.....about 16"+ at mt snow......
just got back 3 days wooot
great times
it was -7 with a high temp of 7....dam near froze my face off without my face /neck warmer........
snow was as fluffy and crystallized as you can get....woooot
broke in my new boots......
lost mt goggles and hat
here is the place i stayed at....."my friends house"

Old 12-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #1794
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Well got my new valcom jacket yesterday. It's orange and grey, has the powder skirt and stuff. Will get a pic in the morning it's out in the truck I I don't feel like going out and getting it when it's like 15degrees out.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:51 AM   #1795

Any hardbooters here?? looking to get a hardboot set-up if I can find something at th right price.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:14 PM   #1796
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuretacoowner View Post
Any hardbooters here?? looking to get a hardboot set-up if I can find something at th right price.

packing up for the 18-24' that are in route....
WOOOOOT
POW
Old 01-01-2014, 06:04 PM   #1797

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

packing up for the 18-24' that are in route....
WOOOOOT
POW
18-24 feet huh?
Old 01-01-2014, 06:32 PM   #1798
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
18-24 feet huh?

Yea something you will never exp.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:05 PM   #1799

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea something you will never exp.
nice...
Old 01-01-2014, 08:59 PM   #1800
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Hey scot snow has been coming down and is nice pow over here around buffalo.