1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any other drummers out there?

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by tacomalex, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Aug 13, 2011 at 2:06 PM
    tacomalex

tacomalex [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    WV
    Vehicle:
    '11 SR5 2.7l 4x4
    plasti dip engine
    I've been playing since I was 12 years old. Still got the kit I got for Christmas that year, coming up on 7 years old now.

It's a Peavey International Series (cheapo) Sounds good for what it is.

[​IMG]

Here's the specs:

-Peavey Shells (Standard Sizes) It was originally wine red wrap finish, I tore it off and sanded it and stained it dark mahogany, polished all the chrome, painted my bass drum hoops flat black. My snare is a 14x6 steel Ludwig (don't know which model) I found it under my buddies shed that his band practiced in haha. I cleaned it up and painted it flat black as well.

-Tama Stands with Aquarian Cymbal Springs
    -Gibraltar Snare Stand
    -Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand/Iron Cobra Double Pedal
    -Paiste Alpha Hi-Hats/Crashes/Ride
    -Wuhan Chinas/Splash

I can't wait to get the cash to upgrade my shells, I want a five piece when I do, the 4 piece ain't cuttin it for all the metal covers I've been learning.

I love playing all kinds of music. Every band I've played in though has been either metal or hardcore. I'm actually learning an album now for a pop-punk I'm about to join. Super pumped for that.

If anyone else plays post up pics of your kit and what kind of music you play! I'd love to see it!

2. Aug 13, 2011 at 2:24 PM
    04taco2wd

04taco2wd Take your flame, ignite the world!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Colby
    Southern Pitt,NC
    Vehicle:
    06 AC 4x4 SR5
    6" Fabtech Lift, Custom bedside decals, ICON C/Os, 17x9 Cruiser Alloys, 33x12.5x17 Coopers, UWS Lopro Toolbox, more to come...
    I have been playing since I was 10. It is more of a stress reliever now, I dont play that much.

I play a DW set: 18x22 Bass, 12x9 tom and 16x14 floor tom, and I have a tama metalworks 13x5 snare.
    Cymbals:Sabian 14" AA Rock HiHats, 17" AA MedThin Crash, 19" AA MetalX Crash, 20" XS Ride, 18" AA MetalX China, 18" Rogers Brass Crash
    RocNSoc Throne
    Tama Double Pedal
    Vic Firth Sticks
    Evans Heads

Here is a pic

[​IMG]

I play all kinds of music, but rock/metal is my favorite to play. I like country music, but it isnt a good genre to drum to.
    Whenever i wana sit down and play a whole album, i play 10 Years-The Autumn Effect. Lately Ive been learning a lot of Asking Alexandria. It will show you how quick you really are.

3. Aug 13, 2011 at 3:16 PM
    tacomalex

tacomalex [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    WV
    Vehicle:
    '11 SR5 2.7l 4x4
    plasti dip engine
    I'm not a fan of Asking Alexandria haha. I remember playing a show with them a couple years back when their album first came out. They did bring out about 300 kids though, so I couldn't complain.

I've spent the last two months learning this song (cause it's so damn hard)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkaSKkHYpJA

Oh and here's a link to the band I'm about to join.

Products Discussed in

To Top