Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Hot Wheels

Old 09-14-2011, 07:01 AM   #1
giddy up!
derekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 4C071
Name: Derek
derekp's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to derekp
Hot Wheels

I did a quick search and didn't see a thread about this (but I'm sure a search nazi will find one). I did see the search for die-cast Tacomas, that got me thinking about Hot Wheels in general (I would like to find a Tacoma as well!).

Who else collects Hot Wheels? I have about 35 or so hanging in my garage. I'm still learning the ins/outs of collecting. Such as variations, errors, different types of treasure hunts, etc. Anyone else collect?
Old 09-14-2011, 07:08 AM   #2
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Cool! I wouldn't call myself a collector but from time to time if I see a sweet one at the grocery store I'll pick it up. Been doing that for years. I just place them in a box in the closet after I pick one up. Not sure how many I've got but if I had to guess I'd say 150-200.
I did pick up one of those treasure hunts a few years back. It's the only one I've ever found. It of course is still in the package. Haha!
Old 09-14-2011, 07:10 AM   #3
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Used to have these on my 05.......

Old 09-14-2011, 07:21 AM   #4
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekp View Post
I did a quick search and didn't see a thread about this (but I'm sure a search nazi will find one). I did see the search for die-cast Tacomas, that got me thinking about Hot Wheels in general (I would like to find a Tacoma as well!).

Who else collects Hot Wheels? I have about 35 or so hanging in my garage. I'm still learning the ins/outs of collecting. Such as variations, errors, different types of treasure hunts, etc. Anyone else collect?
I am a big time collector of Hot Wheels, and Die cast cars and trucks. I myself have in collection about 300 all in original boxes and some that arent. Myself and Gregero have been looking for a die cast toyota tacoma forever and a day, and he finally came across this on amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Action-Diecast.../dp/B005GQJX38

check it out! finally someone is making them!
Old 09-14-2011, 07:23 AM   #5
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
i have a hot wheels taco or two
Old 09-14-2011, 07:28 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I collected them when I was around 6 or 7 Sadly, most didn't survive...
Old 09-14-2011, 07:30 AM   #7
giddy up!
derekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

derekp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessTaco View Post
I am a big time collector of Hot Wheels, and Die cast cars and trucks. I myself have in collection about 300 all in original boxes and some that arent. Myself and Gregero have been looking for a die cast toyota tacoma forever and a day, and he finally came across this on amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Action-Diecast.../dp/B005GQJX38

check it out! finally someone is making them!
Any tips/helpful info you can pass on about collecting? Things to look for, release schedule, etc?
Old 09-14-2011, 07:36 AM   #8
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
There are pike's peak Tacomas..........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Wheels-2...item3a68302da6

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Pikes-P...item4aaafda9ea

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-HW-924-...item53e8daf70d
Old 09-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #9
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
hotwheelscollectors.com has alot of good info
Old 09-14-2011, 01:37 PM   #10
giddy up!

derekp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotacrawler View Post
hotwheelscollectors.com has alot of good info
I'm on that board. Not impressed to be honest. Don't care for the layout, many of my posts don't show up. Getting info from folks can be difficult. Just thought I'd post here to see if anyone else was interested.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #11
Scarface is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Alejandro
Scarface's Tacoma Gallery
Cool stuff. I had seen the hot wheels pike tacoma. Need an xrunner hot wheels
Old 09-14-2011, 05:13 PM   #12
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I found my brother's HW super charger racing kit in my Mom's basement cleaning up after Hurricane Irene. It was wrapped in a plastic garbage bag & hanging up high so it survived the water.
It was a big box, with orange track, these little gas stations that you put batteries in andthe cars shoot thru & do loop da loops. He was pretty stoked to get it back 40 yrs later lol.

I also got him a pretty cool book at the Christmas Tree store on the whole history of Hot Wheels, pictures of cars. He loved that gift too.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:14 AM   #13
robm7 is on a distinguished road

robm7's Tacoma Gallery
<<< I collect them
Old 02-27-2013, 06:45 AM   #14
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I started buying them for my kid, and now I also have a few for myself...I actually quite enjoy looking through both the the hot wheels and matchbox cars when at the toy store. I wish there were more Tacomas being made. I have only seen the x-runner(as posted above) and the Baja truck.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:37 AM   #15
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
I don't collect them but still have the ones I played with as a kid which unfortunatley was a while ago.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:06 AM   #16
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I collected them when I was around 6 or 7 Sadly, most didn't survive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
I don't collect them but still have the ones I played with as a kid which unfortunatley was a while ago.
I must have had hundreds of them through my childhood, who knows what they'd be worth now?
Old 03-01-2013, 03:11 AM   #17
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
I must have had hundreds of them through my childhood, who knows what they'd be worth now?
I got into nascar diecast collecting for a while thinking they would be worth something. I don't think I would get 5 bucks a piece for them now, so they just sit in their boxes.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:14 AM   #18
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
I got into nascar diecast collecting for a while thinking they would be worth something. I don't think I would get 5 bucks a piece for them now, so they just sit in their boxes.
I have some of them also. Haven't looked at the values or anything. So they died off now? I've got an Earnhardt and a couple other special paint schemes I thought would be valuable.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:51 AM   #19
giddy up!

derekp's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure you'd be able to find a collector for the Nascar stuff. You might not make a killing off of it but might get your money back.

If anyone with older Hot Wheels would like to sell them, let me know. I'm not one a die hard collector but do like certain cars. My collecting came to a stand still once I was moved up here to ND.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
I have some of them also. Haven't looked at the values or anything. So they died off now? I've got an Earnhardt and a couple other special paint schemes I thought would be valuable.

I don't know if they died off but I remember qvc had a weekly show selling them but I don't think they do that anymore, I think the interest just isn't as strong as it once was.