Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

GoW2 and/or COD WW

Old 11-05-2008, 01:57 PM   #21
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaghettiedy View Post
Dogs? I'm assuming that after a kill streak you get dogs. What is this on and what are the others?
7 kill streak = dogs
5 kill streak = airstrike
3 kill streak = uav (cant remember exactly what its called, but gives you radar like a uav)
Old 11-05-2008, 02:17 PM   #23
FireMedic518 is on a distinguished road

FireMedic518's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to FireMedic518
I bet COD4 is going to still be better then COD5 since its not the same group of guys making the new one. I'm looking forward to COD6, because the guys who made COD4 are now making COD6.

But GoW2 will kick ass.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:23 PM   #24
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
I think that the 5 kill streak is an artillery strike

Yeah I think your right.

As for the different creators, the multiplayer is based off the same engine as infiniti wards. It's basically cod4 w/ different maps, guns, and a few more extras.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:55 PM   #25
ajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ajviper7's Tacoma Gallery
From playing the demo, I can honestly say that I don't like the new Call of Duty one bit. I feel as though it's a step backwards from Call of Duty 4, as the graphics don't seem to be as good, which is probably due to the fact that it isn't made by Infinity Ward (designers of CoD 4.) Also, I'm not all that fond of it being a WW2 game either, I like the modern warfare theme much better. But thats just me, I'm glad they produced a demo first because I now know that I will not be buying this game.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:46 AM   #26
spaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud of

Army: Ret. USAR Sgt.
spaghettiedy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajviper7 View Post
From playing the demo, I can honestly say that I don't like the new Call of Duty one bit. I feel as though it's a step backwards from Call of Duty 4, as the graphics don't seem to be as good, which is probably due to the fact that it isn't made by Infinity Ward (designers of CoD 4.) Also, I'm not all that fond of it being a WW2 game either, I like the modern warfare theme much better. But thats just me, I'm glad they produced a demo first because I now know that I will not be buying this game.
I played the demo last night, after 3 hour download, and my first impression was just what your thoughts are. IMO, this game has an uphill battle before you even play it. We'll see when the full version comes out.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:31 AM   #27
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaghettiedy View Post
I played the demo last night, after 3 hour download, and my first impression was just what your thoughts are. IMO, this game has an uphill battle before you even play it. We'll see when the full version comes out.
What did you not like about it? I have a PS3 so I can't get the demo. I was going ot go out tonight and put a preorder on it so anything you can tell me would be helpful. I was under the impression that the game used the same graphics and physics engine of COD4 and so it should "feel" the same. Basically it was described to me as COD4 reskinned for WWII and with different maps and weapons. Man I wish I could get a hold of a demo Also what do you mean by an uphill battle before you even play it?

Thanks,
-Dan
Old 11-06-2008, 07:38 AM   #28

uphill battle means its following in the footsteps of something greater and has a lot to live up to.

AKA It has to be pretty frickin good to be better than cod4.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:40 AM   #29
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
uphill battle means its following in the footsteps of something greater and has a lot to live up to.

AKA It has to be pretty frickin good to be better than cod4.
on the bright side I though I heard that infinty ward will be doig all of the call of duty game from here on out.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:41 AM   #30
Nor*Cal
norcalbb11 has a spectacular aura aboutnorcalbb11 has a spectacular aura about

norcalbb11's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to norcalbb11 Send a message via Yahoo to norcalbb11
well it will be fun to have a different scenery for fighting, im tired of the same maps on cod4, its pretty much ownage every time cause you know where everyone is gonna go you know?
Old 11-06-2008, 07:44 AM   #31
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalbb11 View Post
well it will be fun to have a different scenery for fighting, im tired of the same maps on cod4, its pretty much ownage every time cause you know where everyone is gonna go you know?
yeah I can pretty much run the maps blind. It's bad when you can chuck a grenade and know where they will be at the start of a game.

-Dan
Old 11-06-2008, 07:47 AM   #32
Nor*Cal

yeah seriously haha ill rent the game to see how it is and to try out some new maps, hopefully its not as bad as everyone is saying it will be, guess we will find out soon.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:48 AM   #33
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
yeah I can pretty much run the maps blind. It's bad when you can chuck a grenade and know where they will be at the start of a game.

-Dan
I killed 5 guys one time by throwing a blind grenade at the start of a map.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:53 AM   #34
Nor*Cal

lol oh yes it can be done haha dont you just love that though, its a great feeling haha, or when you get the whole team on an airstrike, i always love that haha
Old 11-06-2008, 07:55 AM   #35
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote:
lol oh yes it can be done haha dont you just love that though, its a great feeling haha, or when you get the whole team on an airstrike, i always love that haha
but damn it sucks when it happens to me

-Dan
Old 11-06-2008, 07:57 AM   #36

IMHO new maps for cod4 > cod5
Old 11-06-2008, 07:58 AM   #37
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
but damn it sucks when it happens to me

-Dan
X2 especially when your in a building and the airstrike still kills you .
Old 11-06-2008, 07:58 AM   #38

Quote:
IMHO new maps for cod4 > cod5
Lol true that.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:01 AM   #39

i mean come on, halo 3 has a million maps. Just give us like another 2 or 3. I'll gladly pay for it. Time is money and my free time contains a lot of cod4.

Anyone ever notice you'll go through periods where you won't ever play a map and then all of a sudden you play it constantly. The boat level is like that for me.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:08 AM   #40

Quote:
i mean come on, halo 3 has a million maps. Just give us like another 2 or 3. I'll gladly pay for it. Time is money and my free time contains a lot of cod4.

Anyone ever notice you'll go through periods where you won't ever play a map and then all of a sudden you play it constantly. The boat level is like that for me.
Yeah or the level with all the crates.