Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Cycling (Road Bike) Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #221
wootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the rough
Name: Nathan
wootalien's Tacoma Gallery
So I had my 105 group set installed and what a difference! Did a 35 miles over the weekend and they shift smoothly.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #222
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
What group did you come from?
Old 02-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #223
wootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the rough
Shimano Sora. I have a 2012 Trek 1.2.

I was either buying a new bike or upgrading everything. Will post once it's done.

3T handlebars and stem on the way.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:16 AM   #224
When I first got her.

I removed everything except for the brakes. For some reason Trek designed the frame for long arm brakes. EVERY brake manufacture have the short arm brakes. So I got stuck with them, but they work!

Trek 1.2
Shimano 105 Components (Black)
3T Ergonova Team Handlebars
3T ARX Team Stem
3T Dorico Team Seatpost
Fizik Arione R3 Saddle

My brother upgraded his wheels so he gave me these. I'll install them when I get a chance.

Ritchey WCS Zeta
Kenda Kaliente 23c

Once I get bored with her I will upgrade to a carbon frame.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:02 AM   #225
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Nice bike! I'm looking at an old Trek now, might get it this weekend. Reynolds 531 steel framed touring bike from around 1983.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:23 AM   #226
Post a picture.. that is old school right there. I like the way they look.

My brothers bike - 2012 Masi Evoluzione Ultegra

Old 03-17-2013, 08:37 PM   #227
423Mram is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
423Mram's Tacoma Gallery
Spent the past 5 or so days cleaning my Camelbak. I have two bags, the Rogue and Mule. Used the Mule about two weeks back, got lazy and forgot to rinse out the bladder once I got home. Never again. The water mix with Cytomax I had left in the bag smelled so bad. It took multiple overnight rinse baths to get that damn smell out but finally got it. My recommendation for those of you who use Camelbaks or any hydration packs, rinse them out after use.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #228
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 423Mram View Post
Spent the past 5 or so days cleaning my Camelbak. I have two bags, the Rogue and Mule. Used the Mule about two weeks back, got lazy and forgot to rinse out the bladder once I got home. Never again. The water mix with Cytomax I had left in the bag smelled so bad. It took multiple overnight rinse baths to get that damn smell out but finally got it. My recommendation for those of you who use Camelbaks or any hydration packs, rinse them out after use.
freezing them helps remove odors
Old 03-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #229
423Mram is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
423Mram's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNothing321 View Post
freezing them helps remove odors
Didn't know that trick. First overnight bath the bladder was in was a mix of water and bleach. Next night was water mix with vinegar, followed by a night of a mix of water, vinegar, and baking soda. Then a night in a water and baking soda mix, with lastly a few hours of clean water. I could not believe it took all that to get the smell out. The pack took about three nights with various mixes of water, vinegar, and baking soda. After the second night, and the bladder still having a slight smell, I thought it was a lost cause. Thought about just throwing away the bladder and buying a new one.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #230
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 423Mram View Post
Didn't know that trick. First overnight bath the bladder was in was a mix of water and bleach. Next night was water mix with vinegar, followed by a night of a mix of water, vinegar, and baking soda. Then a night in a water and baking soda mix, with lastly a few hours of clean water. I could not believe it took all that to get the smell out. The pack took about three nights with various mixes of water, vinegar, and baking soda. After the second night, and the bladder still having a slight smell, I thought it was a lost cause. Thought about just throwing away the bladder and buying a new one.
I've never done it personally, but I've always read that if you freeze a DRY bladder that it pretty much removes all odors.

I suggest you'd read about it before trying it though
Old 03-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #231
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
I just store mine in freezer. I only put water in mine however.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #232
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not that I have had any warranty issues with my bike but I was organizing a few documents and came across me bike papers and decided to read a little bit.

What do you guys think of companies that offer a lifetime warranty with the clause along the lines of "normal wear and tear is not covered by warranty".

Isn't that the point of making a frame/fork with a lifetime warranty? So it can resist normal wear and tear? Or am I looking at this wrong?
Old 03-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #233
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
Nice bike! I'm looking at an old Trek now, might get it this weekend. Reynolds 531 steel framed touring bike from around 1983.
Got it, mint condition.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
Not that I have had any warranty issues with my bike but I was organizing a few documents and came across me bike papers and decided to read a little bit.

What do you guys think of companies that offer a lifetime warranty with the clause along the lines of "normal wear and tear is not covered by warranty".

Isn't that the point of making a frame/fork with a lifetime warranty? So it can resist normal wear and tear? Or am I looking at this wrong?
Its mainly to cover major damage (i.e. cracks forming in the carbon, welds failing etc..)
Old 04-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #235
CaptQuinn is on a distinguished road

Name: Quinn
CaptQuinn's Tacoma Gallery
Talking My first road bike!

My new toy, out last week for the first ride of spring!

I've been riding my GF's Ex's XC until he wanted it back so I had to get my own. HA!
Old 04-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #236
Quebeker
elclem21 is a jewel in the roughelclem21 is a jewel in the roughelclem21 is a jewel in the rough

Canadian Army:
Name: Clément
elclem21's Tacoma Gallery
This is my road bike I use mostly for riding and training. I bought it in 2009. The photo was taken in 2010. Since then, I have now a full Shimano 105 5600 group, with Ultegra 6700 12-25 rear cassette and chain.

Last year, I bought this little white beast. 4 days later, I took it out on competition, I had no real training on it, except the fit session. Ended up hammering the cycling length of that Duathlon . This white demon is equipped with a full Shimano Ultegra 6700 group.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #237
Piratefish is on a distinguished road

Piratefish's Tacoma Gallery
I love Felt bikes. I just could not pass up the deal on the Cervelo S2 I found used on CL. You will love that bike!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #238
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Neil
nelztaco's Tacoma Gallery
If i convert my fatbike to drop bars can I call it a road bike?
Old 04-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #239
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelztaco View Post
If i convert my fatbike to drop bars can I call it a road bike?
Don't even do that....just ride it on the road then call it whatever you like. Every bike is capable of being ridden on the road but not all can be ridden(without fail and injury) on trails or without trails at all like your fatbike or down mountains or thru trials course.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #240
Internet Winner

I'm having elbow/knee clearance issues....after I get fit for a longer stem would lowering the would lowering the stem bring back the problem?

Products Discussed in this Thread