Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Cycling (Road Bike) Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #241
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Contrary to my last post, I've decided on a new bike So I am selling mine What do you guys think of bike depreciation rates? mine was a left over 2012...think 65% of the msrp+50% of the price of the upgrades is fair?
Old 04-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #242
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
Contrary to my last post, I've decided on a new bike So I am selling mine What do you guys think of bike depreciation rates? mine was a left over 2012...think 65% of the msrp+50% of the price of the upgrades is fair?
Sounds reasonable for a 12
Old 04-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #243
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
So whatcha selling? The Synapse you mentioned earlier in thread?
Old 04-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #244
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah, I love this bike but something more sporty is catching my eye

I am looking at a caad8 w/105, another cannondale
Old 04-23-2013, 05:49 AM   #245
wootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the rough
Name: Nathan
wootalien's Tacoma Gallery
MS150 this weekend!

Old 04-23-2013, 07:04 AM   #246
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootalien View Post
MS150 this weekend!
Cool shot. Been awhile since I've had that view of the capitol aboard a bike. Going this wknd but not for road ride...mtb.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:12 AM   #247
wootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the rough
Name: Nathan
wootalien's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. That's me 10594, brother took the pic. I heard the trails there are nice! What do you ride?
Old 04-23-2013, 07:19 AM   #248
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootalien View Post
Thanks. That's me 10594, brother took the pic. I heard the trails there are nice! What do you ride?
Been ridin up there for decades off and on. Have a buddy out by Lago Vista so we use his house as base and go all over that area. This wknd will just be accross the lake (but 50 mile trip to get there) at Pace Bend off 71 out west of town.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #249
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Put in a laidback 30 miler yesterday. Took some pics of the bike for insurance purposes.

Here's a pic my transpo when I leave the tarmac.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:07 PM   #250

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet rides dexter! Dropper post FTW man. I live on the prairie and run one. So much fun-factor boost for those trips to the hills.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #251
423Mram is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
423Mram's Tacoma Gallery
Rode my first event this past weekend, a 35 mile fundraiser. I have never ridden any kind of climbs, I have always ridden the local trail that is relatively flat. The route for the fundraiser had two climbs that were way more than anything I've ridden. One was about a mile long, and the other was about 2 to 3 miles of climbing. It kicked my ass, literally. Finished the course with the lead pack, was feeling good after the ride not too tired, but later that day I learned first hand what saddle sore is. It sucks is all I can say. I have put in more miles than what the fundraiser had, but while I was climbing I was shifting side to side on the saddle trying to keep my momentum going, and I would have to say that that is what caused it. Lesson learned.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:35 AM   #252
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Riding 62 miles (100km) on June 4th. Wish me luck! Going to ride my 42 year old Schwinn, my most comfortable bike.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:34 AM   #253
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
Riding 62 miles (100km) on June 4th. Wish me luck! Going to ride my 42 year old Schwinn, my most comfortable bike.

Ooh... a 1971 Schwinn Sports Tourer!

(from the 1971 Schwinn Catalog)

I rode many happy miles on one of those. Today I ride a 39 year old Raleigh that I rebuilt.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:28 AM   #254

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Good luck on the metric century Dave, and sweet bike man. I've seen pics where older rides have been updated with carbon forks and lighter wheels. That would be a fun project, but in my experience steel forks ride so awesome, even on aluminum frames.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #255
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
Ooh... a 1971 Schwinn Sports Tourer!

(from the 1971 Schwinn Catalog)

I rode many happy miles on one of those. Today I ride a 39 year old Raleigh that I rebuilt.

Great Raleigh! My bike is a Super Sport, but I converted the old heavy solid steel crank into a newer Shimano 105 and added the Barcons. It's the same bike I delivered newspapers on when I was 14.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
Good luck on the metric century Dave, and sweet bike man. I've seen pics where older rides have been updated with carbon forks and lighter wheels. That would be a fun project, but in my experience steel forks ride so awesome, even on aluminum frames.
I've got three old bikes now, all steel frames, a couple of mid 80's Treks and the Schwinn. All nice riding bikes, and probably have less invested in all three than one modern bike would cost! All made in the USA.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #256
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Great Raleigh! My bike is a Super Sport, but I converted the old heavy solid steel crank into a newer Shimano 105 and added the Barcons. It's the same bike I delivered newspapers on when I was 14.
Ah, the crank... that's what threw my guess.

Quote:
I've got three old bikes now, all steel frames, a couple of mid 80's Treks and the Schwinn. All nice riding bikes, and probably have less invested in all three than one modern bike would cost! All made in the USA.

Nice Trek! I'm old school, too... and enjoy the simple beauty of a classic steel horizontal top tube brazed lug road frame.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:47 AM   #257
I bring the feel goods

Quote:

Good luck my internet acquaintance

Does anyone else look at all the places you can fall into on the side of the toad where no one will ever know you're there? :P
Old 05-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #258
four forty four

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
Good luck my internet acquaintance

Does anyone else look at all the places you can fall into on the side of the toad where no one will ever know you're there? :P
Thanks, I'm climbing Mt. Greylock in MA tomorrow for a tune up, about 2500 ft of climbing, then a nice fun descent. The metric century is next saturday, so I hopefully will be good to go. I've done 50 miles a few times, so I think 62 will be OK, we'll see!
Old 06-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #259
423Mram is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
423Mram's Tacoma Gallery
Adding air to my tires, getting ready to go on a ride this afternoon when as I took off the pump head from my rear tire valve, the valve stem broke in half! No leaks, it is holding the air. Tempted to ride on it until it gives, but don't want to risk getting a flat during a ride. What do you guys think, think it will hold the air well enough to ride, or slowly go flat?
Old 06-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #260
I bring the feel goods

Ride it around the neighbor hood a 5 or 6 times. if it isn't meaning go for it...at least I would and bring a tube for the inevitable. Look for bumps to go over.

Products Discussed in this Thread