Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Cycling (Road Bike) Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2014, 10:39 AM   #381
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Neil
nelztaco's Tacoma Gallery
That was today after riding in sub-zero wind chills just to show off my toy! Haha!
Old 01-31-2014, 05:49 PM   #382
RedDead will become famous soon enough
RedDead's Tacoma Gallery
i just got a 2013 Specialized Tricross asking price was $850 plus tax....i haggled the LBS down to $860 out the door with a tube, tire change tool and a bottle cage....do you guys think i got a decent deal??? the lowest i saw online for the same bike was $899
Old 02-12-2014, 08:02 AM   #383
wootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the rough
Name: Nathan
wootalien's Tacoma Gallery
So im parting out my bike and selling this.

Shimano 105 Components (Black)
3T Ergonova Team Handlebars
3T ARX Team Stem
3T Dorico Team Seatpost
Fizik Arione R3 Saddle

PM me if you're interested/pics. I picked up a 2013 Specialized Tarmac SL4 Pro frame and will be using SRAM. Frame comes in Saturday
Old 02-12-2014, 08:04 AM   #384
CMan is a glorious beacon of lightCMan is a glorious beacon of lightCMan is a glorious beacon of lightCMan is a glorious beacon of lightCMan is a glorious beacon of light
CMan's Tacoma Gallery
You are going to love that bike! I picked up the same bike (well, it's an expert) with Ultegra Di2 and it's awesome!
Old 02-13-2014, 10:27 AM   #385
wootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMan View Post
You are going to love that bike! I picked up the same bike (well, it's an expert) with Ultegra Di2 and it's awesome!
I just looked and they both are the same frame - 10r carbon

How do you like it? Is it responsive? I can't wait!
Old 02-13-2014, 10:46 AM   #386
CMan is a glorious beacon of lightCMan is a glorious beacon of lightCMan is a glorious beacon of lightCMan is a glorious beacon of lightCMan is a glorious beacon of light
CMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootalien View Post
I just looked and they both are the same frame - 10r carbon

How do you like it? Is it responsive? I can't wait!
I love it! It's very responsive and inspires confidence in the corners. This past weekend were my first races on it and it was great - I just wish I had been.

When I bought it, I was coming from a Cervelo S2 and I test rode both the Tarmac and Venge, both with the 10r carbon.

At my size - 180-190lbs and 6'3" - The Venge felt slightly more responsive/snappy when I'd sprint and slightly more confident in the corners at speed. But, the Tarmac was even more snappy and confident. And that was what I was looking for.

On one of my first training rides with the new Tarmac, I was pleasantly surprised when I took a tight curve that I had ridden many times on my Cervelo. I had always had to set up for and think about the turn as I went through it. On the Tarmac, I was half way through that same turn/curve before I realized I hadn't even thought about it and how the bike just felt so much better.

Also, during the race this past Sunday, there was a downhill and a left turn at the base and as my confidence increased, I was turning into and taking that turn at 40mph hour. The bike just wanted to fly and was very stable.

I'm sure you're going to love it!

EDIT:
Bike:

My teammates "pimped my ride" at training camp and came up with this:
Old 02-13-2014, 12:19 PM   #387
Sweet looking ride! I can't wait for mine. I'm still undecided on what components to go with but I'm sticking with 53/39.

What size is your bike? I'm 6'1" 185-190lbs and got a 56.

It's funny that you mentioned the Venge. My brother was also undecided on what bike to get and he went with the 2014 Venge Pro Race Force. He loves going fast but hates climbing.

We both have the same body style but I got more meat on me. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with him. Over the winter all I was doing was riding my MTB so I lost a ton of endurance. (Another reason why I got the Tarmac, I love climbing)

I'll post pics as I build it. If I can't get all the parts I want before March 16 (Tour de Houston with my brother and dad), I'll slap on some mediocre components in the meantime.

HAHA I bet those handlebar tips were flying
Old 02-13-2014, 12:27 PM   #388
CMan's Tacoma Gallery
It's a 58. I test rode a 56 thinking I might want to try something smaller, but it was way to small (heck, the pro's do it, so I thought I'd try).

I didn't mention it, but I did a some hill repeats when I test rode the Venge and Tarmac and felt like the Tarmac climbed better.

Everyone tells me the Venge is better suited for my style of riding (fast, breakaways, in the wind, that kind of thing), but I really liked the Tarmac more and it felt like it climbed better. Basically, all the reviews comparing the Venge and the Tarmac said the same things I felt like I noticed.

Have fun on the 16th and enjoy the bike! I'll be in Corsicana racing.

BTW, we were in Fredericksburg when they put the streamers on. On the way home, with the bike on the bike rack behind the car, they were REALLY flying! (and, they didn't survive, but it was fun while it lasted)
Old 02-13-2014, 12:42 PM   #389
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
)
3T Ergonova Team Handlebars
3T ARX Team Stem
3T Dorico Team Seatpost
Are these college student priced?
Old 02-14-2014, 09:02 AM   #390
I paid -
3T Ergonova Team Handlebars - $250
3T ARX Team Stem - $75
3T Dorico Team Seatpost - $115
Total = $440

$350+ shipping unless I can ship it through my work. LMK

We can work out a deal if you want one or two things. Just shoot me a PM.

I also have a Fizik Arione R3 Saddle. Looks new. I'll post pics over the weekend.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:09 AM   #391
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I am meeting someone to look at my bike tomorrow. If I have money left over after I get a new bike I'll shoot you a pm to see if you still have them
Old 02-16-2014, 08:40 PM   #392
I bring the feel goods

Well sold my bike

To a prospective TW member as well.

But now I have run into a major first world problem.....Do I want to spend 1300 on a bike or 1700 on a bike

Both are caad10s, one is a 2013 and the other is a 2014 and I am not fond of the 2013 colors. I love the 2014 colors. choices choices

2013 \/

2014 \/

I have about 16 hours to hop on the 2013....
Old 02-16-2014, 09:09 PM   #393
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Get a crack'n'dale from when they were made in the US....
Old 02-16-2014, 09:18 PM   #394
I bring the feel goods

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cannondale-C...item35d2293d8c

If I found this as a frame set at a reasonable price in good condition, I would be all over it (if I had the money). They should bring this color back.

But the overseas frames are very good still
Old 02-17-2014, 12:57 PM   #395
You have to look at the same bike every day so I would pay more lol.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:08 PM   #396
CMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You have to look at the same bike every day so I would pay more lol.
Agreed!!! You'll have the bike long enough that the extra $ (spread out over that amount of time) will seem very minimal.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:13 PM   #397
CMan's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone's interested, here's a little video from this past Saturday's Circuit Race. I was, of course, riding my Tarmac (pictured above), with the pink handlebar tape.

Mineral Wells Cat 3/4 Circuit Race
Old 02-17-2014, 06:46 PM   #398
I bring the feel goods

Too late

Got it 1400 out the door. The extra color scheme wasn't worth an extra 400ish after taxes.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:47 PM   #399
CMan's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome, congrats!
Old 02-18-2014, 09:00 AM   #400
Wow! and they threw in a chick with it? not bad!

Products Discussed in this Thread