Old 10-20-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
DNG is on a distinguished road
DNG's Tacoma Gallery
Cycling (Road Bike) Thread

Let's see your cycling/road bike pictures

2010 Tour de France

Tarmac Pro

Old 04-21-2012, 10:36 PM   #2
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Sick Spec'd!
I'm about due for a roadie upgrade, my TCR is a miserable ride. Worst buzz ever, carpal tunnel syndrome garunteed.
Probably trail bike upgrade will take priority however.

What's the story on the '10 Tour?
Old 04-25-2012, 07:03 PM   #3
DNG is on a distinguished road
DNG's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man! It's a great bike. I went to France for the 10 Tour just to go see it and ride some of the stages. The roads are amazing there!
Old 04-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #4
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNG View Post
Thanks man! It's a great bike. I went to France for the 10 Tour just to go see it and ride some of the stages. The roads are amazing there!
Awesome!!!! Definitely on my to do list. Was this trip with an outfitter, or DIY?
Old 04-29-2012, 04:52 PM   #5
flyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to all

Name: Zach
flyingface's Tacoma Gallery
Tarmac =

Or to be more general, anything carbon =
Old 04-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #6
Xshark will become famous soon enough

Name: Michael
Xshark's Tacoma Gallery
My (new to me) 2009 Gary Fisher ARC Super.

I previously rode a 1989 Cannondale ST600. The Gary Fisher weighs 10 pounds less! It makes it a lot easier going up hills!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:31 AM   #7
flyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to all

Name: Zach
flyingface's Tacoma Gallery
Here's mine

Old 05-01-2012, 07:40 AM   #8
jds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjds0912 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
jds0912's Tacoma Gallery
I ride a DBR that my uncle gave me after a guy who works for him rode cross-country on it. Nice bike, I try to ride as often as possible but there aren't too many good roads around me. Pic somewhat related.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #9

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
1st road ride of the season yesterday. Did 24 miles in 1:15 which is about 19mph (iirc) and was very pleased with considering the amount of wind I fought and being a solo effort.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:57 AM   #10
wootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the rough
Name: Nathan
wootalien's Tacoma Gallery
new to the sport.... picked up a Trek 1.2 two weeks ago.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:43 AM   #11

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking bike Nate! Enjoy
Old 06-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #12
YukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of light
YukonLT's Tacoma Gallery
Riding a Cannondale Synapse with 105 right now, just ordered a Cannondale CAAD10 Dura Ace...can't wait to get it in
Old 06-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #13

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Damn! Yukon ain't kidd'n around. No Di2?
Old 06-06-2012, 03:29 AM   #14
YukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of light
YukonLT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
Damn! Yukon ain't kidd'n around. No Di2?
I had thought about it, but I just can't see how it would help me that much. I'm actually content with the 105 componentry, but I figured I would step up with my next bike because I want to start racing. But, on another note, they don't have any of the CAAD 10 bikes in my size left in stock, so I had to go another route. It worked out though, because with a little convincing I was able to talk my fiancee' into letting me get this...

http://www.bmc-racing.com/us-en/bike...1_ultegra.html

This is the bike I REALLY wanted
Old 06-06-2012, 04:12 AM   #15
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
My first true road bike. Frameset is only original part, I had to respec the rest. Bike weighed 21.5 new and 17 after I was done & I only did what was reasonably priced with significant weight loss over original spec for an aluminum frame bike. It's hardly the lightest or highest tech or priciest but for a jump in point it turned out OK for me. Only thing different in the pic would be that it now has egg beater pedals. Yes, mt bike clip-ins but oh well...........probably going back with black hoods. This is "red stripe"

Single speed cafe racer urban assault vehicle.........."clown bike"

20 yr old fat tire touring bike...........This one never really got a name, guess it could go by "old bike"

Overall, 5 pavement oriented bikes & 8 dirt oriented

VVVVVVVVVVVV paddle, pedal....it's all good
Old 06-06-2012, 04:14 AM   #16

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #17
wootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the rough
Name: Nathan
wootalien's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! wow that BMC looks nice!

Taco what kind of seat post is that? Nice look
Old 06-07-2012, 03:14 AM   #18
YukonLT's Tacoma Gallery
Bike changed yet again, stepped it up another level. This is now the bike I'm getting, should have it by the weekend...

http://www.bmc-racing.com/us-en/bike..._sram_red.html
Old 06-07-2012, 04:44 AM   #19
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootalien View Post
Taco what kind of seat post is that? Nice look
IIRC, USE-1 carbon aero.......very light, especially compared to the carbon wrapped one that came on the road bike. I actually swapped it from the clown bike to the road bike and put the wrapped one on the clown bike, which also has lime green oury's and a lime green kmc chain now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonLT View Post
Bike changed yet again, stepped it up another level. This is now the bike I'm getting, should have it by the weekend...

http://www.bmc-racing.com/us-en/bike..._sram_red.html
Very nice looking ride. Dig on the color scheme how it goes with the sram red stuff.

On a seperate but kinda relevant note...I need to post up some pics of my Electra Jeremy that has Nexus 7spd internal gear coaster brake hub, Nexus front generator hub with 3 watt light, sealed crank bearings, etc.........It is a "road" bike but is more like cruising a recliner down the street, lol.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:29 AM   #20

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^do post!

Products Discussed in this Thread