Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Any Stand Up Paddle Surfs on here.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #21
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Need bigger pic...
Old 03-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #22
jpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jpneely's Tacoma Gallery
i paddle board alot but i havent made it to the surfline with it yet. mostly just tool around the marsh and inlet with a little cooler of beers.

Straight Chillin

but i have thought about it.

soon...
Old 03-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #23
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
I've been wanting to try it. I have a neighbor that has a long board and made a paddle with a pole and rubber so that he could cruise around the neighborhood when he's not out on the lakes.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #24
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
Need bigger pic...
Here you go.

A little cold up here for this type of swim wear but soon enough it will be summer. Hopefully renting and trying it out and if I like it then buying a board. Looks like so much fun and cant wait to try it.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #25
Waikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Waikoloa Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Daughter and I went SUP in Kailua Bay yesterday. We had a great time.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:20 AM   #26
Waikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The wife and I had a wonderful experience today. We went standup paddle boarding down at Anaeho'omalu Bay. Water was flat and the winds were calm. We started out just heading away from the beach and found ourselves going further out since it was a great day. On the way out we passed the Sea Smoke coming back from a whale watching tour. Off in the distance we could see Humpback whale, so we deci...ded to keep going. Finally about 1.5 miles out we were near them. Five whales total, two calves , two mothers and another. They were 100 to 150 feet away from us when we stopped paddling. That is about 2-3 body lengths. So we kept quiet and just watched. We saw the come up for breathes, dive under, roll over and as we were leaving at least one calf breached. We were totally in awe of these magnificant creatures.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:24 AM   #27
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Stand up paddling is a blast. i did it on Lake Las Vegas and Lake Mead when i was in Vegas. its a great way to tour the water and see the sights. also a killer workout if you choose to race or really get on it on the flat water.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:12 AM   #28
My Toys.....
TRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to all

Name: TRDGRL
TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
I do..... I have a C4 Waterman Batwing 9'0" x 26"....
Old 03-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDGRL View Post
I do..... I have a C4 Waterman Batwing 9'0" x 26"....
And you have a nice sup carrier there also.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:58 AM   #30
DevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Police officer in MD and Marine in B Co 4th LAR Bn
DevilDogTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i've been surfing for just over a year now, and I rented a SUP last week in the Outer Banks to learn. got totally hooked. looking forward to messing around with a SUP here in MD for a bit before I buy one
Old 08-13-2012, 08:06 AM   #31
yellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud of

yellowrubiu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surferdude View Post
If anyone wants to get an inflatable SUP, here's a great deal. I just bought one. It's only good for 24 hours.

www.towerpaddleboards.com

The 4" thick is only $295, the 6" thick is $395, both are great deals.

I got the 4" for my daughter to learn on and for the occasional trip when I can't lug my regular SUP board along, like on my motorcycle of flying somewhere.

I also picked up the 3 piece paddle for the same reason.

These are NOT high performance "boards" by any stretch, but they will get you on the water and having fun! Particularly in places or times when you otherwise couldn't.

Oh btw, they will be on Shark Tank tonight on ABC, 7 CST.

Any questions why I like SUP?
Attachment 142636
Well, I went to that link but immediately clicked on this link on that page so I have no clue what the main site is about
Old 08-15-2012, 07:58 PM   #32
AndrewPiering is on a distinguished road
Name: Andrew
AndrewPiering's Tacoma Gallery
I went SUP in Austin this past weekend! I'm hooked! Cant wait to buy one. Was a great workout and peaceful at the same time. Perfect for the lake. Cant wait to take it out in the ocean! If you havent tried it, its a must!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #34
TRD OFROAD
pegcitytacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Charlie
pegcitytacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I rented a SUP this spring and took it out to the lake. It was sweet so relaxing and a great workout at the same time. Going to buy one next summer for sure!
Old 08-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #35
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery

My wife and I were in northern Michigan for a while. We rented a SUP and had a blast. Even the chihuhua had fun! Yeah its a workout too. Just wish I remembered to take my sunglasses off before I tried it out. Now they're at the bottom of the lake.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #36
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery

My wife and I were in northern Michigan for a while. We rented a SUP and had a blast. Even the chihuhua had fun! Yeah its a workout too. Just wish I remembered to take my sunglasses off before I tried it out. Now they're at the bottom of the lake.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #37
rtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Becky
rtrudel35's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought this Gerry Lopez 11'3 a month ago. In love with the sport so far. Can't wait to ride some small waves with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Any Stand Up Paddle Surfs on here.-s_gerry-lopez-113-sage.jpg  
Old 08-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #38
I owe it all to little chocolate donuts
JayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JayDirt's Tacoma Gallery
^^^

Know what you mean...I live a couple clicks form the beach and it's awesome seeing more and more chicks getting into the sport.

I own (2) Gerry Lopez 11'3" boards that I picked up for $650 each. Great multipurpose board whether flat water or for surf.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #39
Gary W is on a distinguished road
Gary W's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought my 2013 Taco and wasn't sure how I was going to transport my SUP's....Thanks brother!