Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Any Private Pilots here?

Old 12-24-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
GoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
GoDeacsWFU23's Tacoma Gallery
Any Private Pilots here?

I have been in the process of obtaining my private pilots license the past few months. I was just wondering if there was anyone else here that has their private pilots license and if you have any advice for me? I only have 11 hours so I have just begun.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:40 AM   #2
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine. Soloing is the best feeling in the entire world!
Old 12-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #3
GoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
Got mine. Soloing is the best feeling in the entire world!

Do you have a specific plane you like to fly? This is what I am training in. Not a big fan of high wing planes.

Piper Archer PA 28

Old 12-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #4
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDeacsWFU23 View Post
Do you have a specific plane you like to fly? This is what I am training in. Not a big fan of high wing planes.

Piper Archer PA 28

I flew a Piper Cherokee. Here I am leading my flock.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #5
Underprepared and Overconfident
DubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DubyaDawg's Tacoma Gallery
I am as of last August! Gonna go for my instrument/commercial this next summer!
Old 12-24-2011, 02:33 PM   #6
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Practice ,practice, practice. And i don't mean in the plane. Mental practice for procedures is very important. Going over things on the ground over and over makes a big difference in the air.

I'm type rated in 5 different aircraft with a float rating.
Although I'm not current I still go over procedures in my head from time to time.
A headset with a P.T.T. switch keeps you from fumbling for a mike. Some of the planes i flew were not equipped.

Always check for your next emergency landing area.

I like high wing planes because you see the land better.
150 152 172 etc.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:35 PM   #7
G550plt is on a distinguished road
G550plt's Tacoma Gallery
Not private .. ATP.. That count?
Old 12-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #8
FL370
CptnG is on a distinguished road
CptnG's Tacoma Gallery
ATP with 6k hours.

Stick with it.
Fly as often as you can for your first fifty hours.
Trust in your instructor, but always be skeptical.
Fly with several instructors and other pilots before your check ride.

Memorize the following: It is better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Safety before everything.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:41 PM   #9
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by G550plt View Post
Not private .. ATP.. That count?
Show Off.......... lol
Old 12-24-2011, 02:44 PM   #10
G550plt is on a distinguished road
G550plt's Tacoma Gallery
Lol.. Just felt left out .. As far as advice.. More than ever with costs so high.. Do as much procedural "chair flying" as you can stand.. I've watched it pay dividends over and over again.. Use sims, ftd's all of it.. Much of the learning need not be in the airplane... The real thing is much more fun though!
Old 12-24-2011, 02:48 PM   #11
Banned
4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by G550plt View Post
Lol.. Just felt left out .. As far as advice.. More than ever with costs so high.. Do as much procedural "chair flying" as you can stand.. I've watched it pay dividends over and over again.. Use sims, ftd's all of it.. Much of the learning need not be in the airplane... The real thing is much more fun though!
What are some good sims to use?
Old 12-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #14
Takeem029 will become famous soon enough

Takeem029's Tacoma Gallery
Pay attention and fly as much as you can! You will be able to do stuff like this in the future. Have Fun!

Old 12-24-2011, 03:14 PM   #15

I have the microsoft flight sim for windows, the controls seem realistic but is that a good sim to use or should i just stick to the sim at the flight school?
Old 12-24-2011, 03:39 PM   #16
Banned
4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
look up BenWA
Search that on google Interesting haha
Old 01-14-2012, 10:52 PM   #17
Adam Baum is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Adam Baum's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone a helicopter pilot? I would like to get my license, but having to learn on a sim is as close as I'll get for now.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #18
UH60Hwkdrvr is a jewel in the roughUH60Hwkdrvr is a jewel in the roughUH60Hwkdrvr is a jewel in the roughUH60Hwkdrvr is a jewel in the rough

Army: Helicopter Pilot
UH60Hwkdrvr's Tacoma Gallery
US Army UH60 Black Hawk pilot since 1996; 4000ish Hrs, also a private pilot flying single engine land for a little recreation.

To the poster requesting helo info: US Army starts a helicopter class every two weeks. Contact your local Army recruiter about becoming a Warrant Officer and entering flight training. If he acts like he doesn't understand or tries to sell you on something else, find another recruiter. The Army has 4 different main helos and a few specialty helos. They also have a fixed wing fleet consisting mainly of Beech Super King Airs, and some other planes like the Cessna Citation V and a few Gulfstreams. Check it out!!!!

m.a.c.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #19
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
i solo'd way back in 2009, then ran out of funds and never finished. i have about 100 hours!

i flew my father in law's straight tail 172, with an autopilot, garmin 430, electric gyro, etc. nice little plane. hope to finish one day when funds allow...