Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

How about that Orange Bowl

Old 01-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
XD40SC is on a distinguished road

Name: Davis
XD40SC's Tacoma Gallery
How about that Orange Bowl

God Clemson's defense is suspect and Dabo(Damn Another BlowOut) is horrible.

Kevin Steele gets fired anytime now...calling it now!
Old 01-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #2

XD40SC's Tacoma Gallery
Is Jeff a tater fan? I was born and raised Clemson and the ONLY one in my family to graduate from University of South Carolina. Hell, I was at the 1981 Championship.

I was all for Clemson representing our State and winning but geez...that blowout was embarrassing for the state of SC, anyone who likes the color orange(the deer hunting shade), anyone named Dabo and anyone affiliated with that basketball conference....um the ACC.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #3
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XD40SC View Post
Is Jeff a tater fan? I was born and raised Clemson and the ONLY one in my family to graduate from University of South Carolina. Hell, I was at the 1981 Championship.

I was all for Clemson representing our State and winning but geez...that blowout was embarrassing for the state of SC, anyone who likes the color orange(the deer hunting shade), anyone named Dabo and anyone affiliated with that basketball conference....um the ACC.

If your age posted is correct, explain how you we're at a championship game in 1981.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #4

XD40SC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
If your age posted is correct, explain how you we're at a championship game in 1981.
How...in my moms womb. Didn't say I watched it. I didn't miss a Clemson football from 81' to 96', then I got smart.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #5

XD40SC's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the post game interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsHMx...&feature=share

At 1:35 he admits to being paid while at Clemson...ha
Old 01-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
God Clemson's defense is suspect and Dabo(Damn Another BlowOut) is horrible.

Kevin Steele gets fired anytime now...calling it now!
Just so we are clear, before we start...at what point is it considered a blowout? getting beat by 2 tds? 3?

Clemson's D has been holding our team back all season, and outside of the 2 VT games, it has certainly done us NO favors...I don't think you'll find a fan of Clemson anywhere that will argue that

Quote:

It is embarassing...sure...but shit happens and it's just a football game...I'd still rather pull for Clemson than Carolina

Quote:
How...in my moms womb. Didn't say I watched it. I didn't miss a Clemson football from 81' to 96', then I got smart.
from 1996 to 2011 you had 5 losing seasons and 1 6-6 season, went 4-4 in bowl games, and 6-10 against Clemson (with 2 stretches of 4 straight wins)

Clemson has had 2 losing seasons, been to 13 bowl games (with a dismal 4 wins) and has clearly held the advantage over SC

Did we have some hiccups along the way this year? sure
Is Carolina better this year? absolutely
In the grand scheme of things though, Clemson by and large far outshines Carolina

Carolina has a whopping 1.5 conference championships since 1892 (even when they were in the "lowly" ACC)

Clemson has 18.5 conference championships AND a National Championship

Embarrassed on the national stage or not, the fact remains that we were there...we've beaten you to a BCS game

Now about Dabo...

Is he the ideal, perfect, great head coach? no...but he fit at the time and he is a fantastic recruiter...I think he'll be fine once he settles down and realizes that he's not a buddy but a coach

Our weak point all season was the D, and no one has ever argued that...and the entire fan base wants our DC gone

With all of that being said

This thread is typical classless chicken nonsense

I think I do a pretty good job of not getting in your face when you stumble or publicly "hate" you when you win. I certainly have learned not to kick a man when he is down or the need to further humiliate people when they have just been served humble pie. No doubt we were just handed the most humiliating loss ever and we accept it. I don't understand the hate that persists when it does not even concern you or your team. Please show some class as a winner. I understand that it's "new" to you, but grow up.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #8
GO TIGERS!
holyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
holyfield19's Tacoma Gallery
Watched the whole entire train wreck from start to finish. One thing i can say is thats clem. football. I am, always have been, and always will be a huge clem fan. Yes we are down now after such a horrible loss, but the fututre looks very bright for us. GO TIGERS! If you are going to be a fan, BE A FAN, support your team no matter what.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #9

XD40SC's Tacoma Gallery
The fact you agreed with everything I said speaks volumes. D is suspect and Dabo is the not the ideal, perfect great head coach as you said.

We simply stopped going games in 96' when the family stopped getting season tickets. Still watched them on tv and went to occasional games through high school. Chose USC over Clemson for college but I rally both on until they play each other. I had money on Clemson winning by 21. The embarrassment comes when your D allows 70 points!

This thread was aimed on the fact that Steele needs to go. Which you also probably agree with!
Old 01-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
The fact you agreed with everything I said speaks volumes. D is suspect and Dabo is the not the ideal, perfect great head coach as you said.

We simply stopped going games in 96' when the family stopped getting season tickets. Still watched them on tv and went to occasional games through high school. Chose USC over Clemson for college but I rally both on until they play each other. I had money on Clemson winning by 21. The embarrassment comes when your D allows 70 points!

This thread was aimed on the fact that Steele needs to go. Which you also probably agree with!
this is a much better post that your previous

I do agree that Steele should be gone...and rumor is that his contract is up in July...so that is good...

I, however, am not down on Dabo at all

Since he took over the head job, his record aint the best, but for the most part we are staying competitive...i think this was only the 4th game since he took over that we lost by 21+

I just get really annoyed by gamecocks riding everyone else's coattails on getting on us

For the most part, your fan base is the one of, if not the biggest, delusional, hypocritical, live vicariously thru other teams fanbases ever...
Old 01-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #11

XD40SC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post

For the most part, your fan base is the one of, if not the biggest, delusional, hypocritical, live vicariously thru other teams fanbases ever...
This is sad... but very true

I really do hope they get rid of Steele. With talent like Watkins and Boyd returning, a mediocre but consistent defense would do the trick.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #12
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
This is sad... but very true

I really do hope they get rid of Steele. With talent like Watkins and Boyd returning, a mediocre but consistent defense would do the trick.
a consistent defense would've probably changed the outcome of GT and NCSt, and probably would've kept us in the ballgame last night...I don't believe that would've saved us from your team this year tho

the other 3 games we lost were all to very inconsistent and we repeatedly shot ourselves in the foot in all 3

Ya'll played consistent all year, and I don't think a consistent decent D wouldve helped us much

The talent we have on the offensive side of the ball is remarkable...and it will go to waste like usual if they don't get the help they need on D

Arguably, with the talent we put on the field, we SHOULDN'T have any trouble with anyone in the ACC