Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

550/Paracord MEGA Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
550/Paracord MEGA Thread

Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parachute_cord

Post up whatever you got!
I know a good amount of member are into making the bracelets and such. What else are people making with paracord?
Old 01-16-2012, 11:25 PM   #2
bhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nice
Name: Ben
bhh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Thats sick!!!! Instructions please!! I want to do it! I like the wrapping but I would do the whole thing
Old 01-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #3
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
haha i ran out of paracord on the top. it was like 40 feet worth of it on top.
its just a cobra weave. google that and its pretty simple.
the stock steering wheel was too skinny for my taste and i wanted something with more grip, and this definitely did the trick in giving it some girth, and grip, and like 10hp...
Old 01-17-2012, 12:18 AM   #4
Hayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brandon
Hayes's Tacoma Gallery
A buddy and I went to the Sportsman's Expo on Saturday. I found this cool vendor who makes Paracord products. Most of it was the usual bracelets.

I have some, I can make them myself. The bracelets are really cool because for every inch on the bracelet, you get a foot of paracord. Paracord is extremely strong and is useful for tons of stuff. You can use it to tie things up, clothes line, anything you can think of that rope normally does.

The product that really caught my attention was this one:

What caught my attention was this: Inside that key chain is a survival kit.

You get:
-10 feet of para cord
-ferrocerium fire starter
-cutting blade
-saw blade
-2 fish hooks
-sewing needle
-12" copper wire
-aluminum foil
-mono filament fishing line
-glue

For $20, I thought this was something that would be good to carry around with me. This product is exclusive to this guy and he was really cool. We got two of those key chain kits and two bracelets for 36 dollars.

Check him out at http://www.extremeinstinct.com
Old 01-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
^^ you serious??
all that shit is inside that key chain ball!
Old 01-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #6
Hayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brandon
Hayes's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, it's pretty sick.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #7
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
I cant find directions for these.
Pretty cool tho. From a jeep forum.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #8
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
MEGA MEGA BUMP!!!

did my first king cobra, with 12mm buckle. i tried a cobra last year and failed and got mad and have not done one since.(i could never get it tight, i was trying to use a jig) it’s nice and tight and i think really good for my first one, i just did this one with out a jig or anything.

side note also relaced my hunting boots with black, my laces wear starting to rip and stuff so i used black paracord. figured i could also take it off and pull the small strand out if i need it.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:19 PM   #9
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

anyone know a good web site to get paracord from?
Old 09-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #10
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
anyone know a good web site to get paracord from?
Are you looking for legit military grade or just the commerical knockoff stuff to wrap stuff and make some bracelets?

If anything I'd say avoid rothco, that stuff is crap.

I bought some of this through Amazon to wrap my a-pillar handles and it has held up great since I got my truck back in Nov. 2012. http://www.paracordplanet.com/550-cord.html

Supply captain probably has some high quality supply. I have heard nothing but good things about them.
http://www.supplycaptain.com/index.c...Category_id=19
Old 09-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #11
GO VOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdevTac View Post
Are you looking for legit military grade or just the commerical knockoff stuff to wrap stuff and make some bracelets?

If anything I'd say avoid rothco, that stuff is crap.

I bought some of this through Amazon to wrap my a-pillar handles and it has held up great since I got my truck back in Nov. 2012. http://www.paracordplanet.com/550-cord.html

Supply captain probably has some high quality supply. I have heard nothing but good things about them.
http://www.supplycaptain.com/index.c...Category_id=19
The real 7 strand stuff. I have got black before at a local police/military store, but i donít think they have anything but black and maybe tan.

the bracelet i made is the real stuff. also plain on doing the steering wheel on our rhino utv. than may do the one on the truck idk yet.(i can take the steering wheel on rhino off with 1 bolt so going to try my hand at it first.)

thanks for the links.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:05 PM   #13
Boogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phoenix
Boogyman's Tacoma Gallery

double cobra weeved grab handles for the back seats. there great for bigger people riding in the backseat of an access cab. everyone loves them
Old 03-30-2014, 11:13 PM   #14
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
a sling for one of my guns. It is actually very comfortable, and probably the strongest sling ive ever seen let alone used

Old 03-30-2014, 11:16 PM   #16
Boogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008taco View Post
a sling for one of my guns. It is actually very comfortable, and probably the strongest sling ive ever seen let alone used

I've been wanting to make one of those for my 35 but it takes sooooo much cord and takes forever too
Old 03-30-2014, 11:32 PM   #17
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogyman View Post
I've been wanting to make one of those for my 35 but it takes sooooo much cord and takes forever too
I just sat back and watched a movie while I made it. I think i made it through the entire movie before it was finished though...
Old 03-30-2014, 11:33 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008taco View Post
I just sat back and watched a movie while I made it. I think i made it through the entire movie before it was finished though...
how many feet did it take?
Old 03-31-2014, 02:03 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogyman View Post
how many feet did it take?
It was 50 or 100. It was a long time ago, and i remember there was a few feet left when I was done.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:55 PM   #20
vtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to all

Name: Jarrod
vtrguy's Tacoma Gallery

50 feet worth of 550 in a quickrelease wrap.

Hasn't moved at all in over 800 rounds.

Cheek weld is even more comfortable now, not too surprising but hey, one more benefit to check off the list.

Whenever I get the time I'm gonna make a 3pt sling out of 750 and nylon webbing.

And just because...

She's heavy, but the 18.5" makes it quite manageable.