Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

homemade longboard

Old 01-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #1
jacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jacob
jacobigindi's Tacoma Gallery
homemade metal reinforced longboard

Hey all, so i used to have a sector 9 coconut, but alas, she caught a bad case of delamination and died. She will be greatly missed. I bought a 25 inch deck from ehlers longboards and put some 9" chargers trucks and 76mm wheels on it. But i realized i definitely needed a longer board for cruising and downhill so after futsing around with an old element deck, i decided to bite the bullet and build a shlongboard. Its a standard skateboard deck i got on amazon for 15 bucks and i made cutouts at the ends for bigger wheels. The board was alot weaker when the trucks were mounted at the ends, so i found some scrap 18 gauge steel and riveted it to the bottom of the deck using the original truck mounting holes and some new ones along the centerline i put in. That way the flex of the deck is limited by the tension in the steel. so its fairly flexy up to a certain point. I threw some old royals trucks on the ends and they work pretty well because of the angle they're mounted at. I have the 76mm wheels from ehlers longboards and the free abec 7's that came with it. I'll probably get some better bearings later. so far I'm lovin how low it is to the ground. The deck is about 2.5 inches off the ground, so its super easy to push and its super stable downhill. enjoy

Old 01-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #2
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
That ^^^ is cool!
Old 01-27-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
jacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jacob
jacobigindi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotacrawler View Post
That ^^^ is cool!
thanks man
Old 01-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #4
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
thats pretty sweet man. ive been thinking about making a longboard too but never thought about using a regular skateboard and cutting it.