Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

The "Official" Runners thread...

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #201
BaNgArAnG
06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Caleb
06TACOFIREMAN's Tacoma Gallery
running my first 5k in the morning. ran a few practice courses and my best time was 32:02. im hoping tomorrow in the race atmoshpere i can go sub 30
Old 03-30-2012, 10:13 AM   #202
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TACOFIREMAN View Post
running my first 5k in the morning. ran a few practice courses and my best time was 32:02. im hoping tomorrow in the race atmoshpere i can go sub 30
Pick a rabbit. And don't even waste time trying to get water at the station.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #203
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
AWESOME, let us know how it goes! Run the 1st mile smooth, then drop the hammer! Also, don't forget to do some stretching and a bit of a warm up 1/2 hour to an hour before the race.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesrunner View Post
Pick a rabbit. And don't even waste time trying to get water at the station.
Yes on the rabbit*, but if it gets HOT, no shame in drinking water!

Also, don't be afraid of dunking some cold water on top of your head and back of the neck!

*rabbit: Hot piece of ass that runs faster than your pace, GOD provided race motivator. Why? if you finish together, you could end with her digits!
Old 03-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #204
BaNgArAnG
06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
AWESOME, let us know how it goes! Run the 1st mile smooth, then drop the hammer! Also, don't forget to do some stretching and a bit of a warm up 1/2 hour to an hour before the race.

Yes on the rabbit*, but if it gets HOT, no shame in drinking water!

Also, don't be afraid of dunking some cold water on top of your head and back of the neck!

*rabbit: Hot piece of ass that runs faster than your pace, GOD provided race motivator. Why? if you finish together, you could end with her digits!
well that stretching in advance is gonna be a problem haha the race is at 8AM. i get off work at 8AM. soo....gonna be cuttin it close just to make it there on time. think my captains gonna let me dip out a few minutes early
Old 03-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #205
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
Quote:
well that stretching in advance is gonna be a problem haha the race is at 8AM. i get off work at 8AM. soo....gonna be cuttin it close just to make it there on time. think my captains gonna let me dip out a few minutes early
Dude, ya can't go to the bathroom while @ work, 1/2 or so ( and for a few mins) before the race? Light stretching too, the heavy stretching should be after the race.

GOOD LUCK!
Old 03-31-2012, 09:13 AM   #206
Wanted to run 12 miles. Got separated from the group during a bathroom "emergency break" and then got lost. 13.7 miles later I was done and not to happy about the bonus miles or getting lost.

2:07:40 for the whole sheebang. To celebrate, I had some left over pizza and beer for breakfast, but I dropped the beer (which was promptly replaced); so know I have a major clean up to do...

This day is NOT looking good...
Old 03-31-2012, 09:18 AM   #207
BaNgArAnG

well i did it guys!! my goal time was under 30 minutes i finished in 29:58!!! so i barely got it! finished second in my age group for men! had a great time Ill definitely be running more!
Old 03-31-2012, 09:36 AM   #208
^ Sweet and congrats!!!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:28 AM   #209
4.3 trail miles today. I learn something, after running 13+ hard miles, trail running not matter how leisurely, it still trail running...

Oh yeah, time was 1:03:22...
Old 04-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #210
Go Jets GO!!!!!!
DigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud of

Firefighter: Firefighter, WFD, E13, L13, W131/2
DigB's Tacoma Gallery
5 miles in 44 min good for 8:52 minute miles! I've knocked almost 20 sec off my average!
Old 04-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #211
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigB View Post
5 miles in 44 min good for 8:52 minute miles! I've knocked almost 20 sec off my average!

NICE!

I ran last evening 5 in 48:24, wishing I could've done better. But it was HOT and HUMID, so Catherine wanted to go slower. Not complaining, today I'll be doing 4-6 over @ Turkey Mntn trails and I warned Cat that on Thursday we were doing 7 miles on sub 9's
Old 04-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #212
Go Jets GO!!!!!!
DigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud of

Firefighter: Firefighter, WFD, E13, L13, W131/2
DigB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
NICE!

I ran last evening 5 in 48:24, wishing I could've done better. But it was HOT and HUMID, so Catherine wanted to go slower. Not complaining, today I'll be doing 4-6 over @ Turkey Mntn trails and I warned Cat that on Thursday we were doing 7 miles on sub 9's

Sounds like fun! I'm looking forward to when it does get hot and humid...sort of. It'll be better than running in sub zero temps!
Old 04-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #213
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
last week ran the 400 200 and 4x4

400 open: 51:72
200 open: 24.04
400 split: 50.9
Old 04-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #214
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
last week ran the 400 200 and 4x4

400 open: 51:72
200 open: 24.04
400 split: 50.9

GREASED LIGHTNING!
Old 04-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #215
4.2 miles in the "Mntn Bike" trails. Whenever it rains/drizzles the bikers stay away, as the rocks just get to slippery, so today we ran in the bike trails!

I went with the fast group, and though the leader didn't put the pedal to the metal, I was winded.

Time was 48:17, but if you saw/experienced the elevations changes, you'd know that I feel accomplished!
Old 04-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #216
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmc View Post
was it raining while you ran?
Bit of a drizzle, but the ground was safe. Not more slippery than usual.

It also cooled off A LOT. The Monday run was typical FL weather, mid to high 80's with like 70-80 humidity. Tuesday's was MUCH nicer!
Old 04-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #217
We had a high of 72 degrees today. Same tomorrow and a high of like 68 but cloudy on Sat.

Tornadoes around here are the deal breaker...
Old 04-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #218
6 miles, 58:20. Just got home, ready for a shower and call it a day.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #219
7 miles, 1:01:30, good enough for 8:48 splits, but the weather was PERFECT. Low 60's with a light breeze and some drizzle. It was too good to be true!
Old 04-08-2012, 11:16 AM   #220
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry I haven't updated but on the 31st I did the 10k Cooper River Bridge Run in Charleston, SC with 75% of it doing at least a nice paced jog I finished up in 1 hour 23 minute and change. At the end I was pretty badly dehydrated but a quick IV dehydration solution and I was feeling fine.

Products Discussed in this Thread