Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

The "Official" Runners thread...

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #741
Piratefish is on a distinguished road

Piratefish's Tacoma Gallery
I m hoping to return to training tomorrow! I have a feeling itll be slow, I will probably be hacking crap from my lungs for a week.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #742
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
big sky's Tacoma Gallery
if it's a week consider your lucky, still hacking some crap up a month later!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:03 AM   #743
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
me, my wife, and a friend ran a 5k mud run on saturday. It was a lot of fun! We ended up "winning" our heat and beating most of the heat that started before us...haha

The final obstacle was crossing a chest deep river while a fan boat blasted 60mph wind at you! It was pretty intense!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #744
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
^Love me some mud runs!

Ran 7 warm miles while in Ft. Worth, @ Trinity Park, and ran 4 miles of Fartleks around the Denver University area last night. Heading out back home to Tampa, and looking forward at least three barefoot beach runs!
Old 04-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #745
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

big sky's Tacoma Gallery
got 30 miles in, barely missed a run mid-week due to rain/mud, ran one day on the dreadmill- couldn't muster another

5.2/6.1(treadmill)/13/6

today's run was a little challenging, had to buck 6" of heavy, wet snow- if we get anymore I'm going to break out my running snowshoes for tomorrow

Old 04-17-2013, 06:58 AM   #746
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
^badass!

I just signed up for a spartan race next week its just the "sprint" at a 5k.
Should be fun!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:36 AM   #747
ethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: 314MXG
Name: ethan
ethanfoy's Tacoma Gallery
My last mile was a 5:43 in 32 degrees I ran a 1/4 mile in 50 seconds flat yesterday. I don't enjoy running long distances I get bored easily.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #748

Doing a biathlon tomorrow 2/15/2 running and cycling. Then a half on the 5th. Super excited my knee isnt bothering me and I feel good after my cold. My long run last week was 12.5 in 1:50:30 and I wasnt pushing. Im so gonna break the 2hour mark in the half!
Old 04-19-2013, 04:36 PM   #749

big sky's Tacoma Gallery
good luck tomorrow and keep up the good work!
Old 04-20-2013, 01:06 PM   #750
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
My 5 or so weeks of gym going/constant running training is paying off! Just finished my longest continuous run to date. 2.37 miles at 9:13 mph. Is it pretty sad compared to everyone else here...yep haha. But a pretty pleasing accomplishment for myself. I carried a 12oz water bottle just in case but I never even cracked it open. Then when I got back I took one small sip and forgot about it.

Also when I got back by the time I walked through the front door and went up stairs I wasn't even winded or breathing heavy, compared to when I first started I would go like half that and get back and pant like a dog and drink 3 cups of water. 2.37 miles outdoors, no problem...however anything over a mile on a treadmill and I die and can hardly finish it im so bored. I just run a mile on the treadmill when I go to the gym, but it is still paying off! Im doing all my running in VFFs, and im working up to run a comfortable 5k. I could probably do one now, but i dont want to look like a moron. I want to just be able to sit back and enjoy the ride.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:48 AM   #751

Hey Idtrucks, Way to go man!!!! What I have learned is dont compare yourself to anyone. I love running halfs. Some people can do them in and hour some others 3. Its all good man. I will never be a fast distance runner but I love doing races and trying to beat my time not some guy who is busting out 5:45 miles to my 9's.

Congrats on the run! Keep it up it will get easier and funner, Ya I said "funner" it really is a word.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:56 AM   #752

I finished my first Biathlon yesterday! it was a 2/15ride/2 My times were 12:44, 48:55, 14:12. I am so stoked I didnt even think i was gonna come in under 1.5 hours. My overall time was 1:18:55 (transition time sucked hard!). I placed 22nd overall and 3rd in my age group. 130 people finished the race in official time.

Cant wait for my next half on May 5th!
Old 04-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #753

big sky's Tacoma Gallery
^ sweet!

I had a pretty good week, despite the weather, 31.8 miles 3.5/5.2/5.8 (dreadmill)/7.5/9.8

we had enough snow that two days I ran in snowshoes! it was just about gone yesterday, but was wet and sloppy w/ mud- this morning I went out and low and behold......... snowing again

I stayed up higher to stay out of the mud, was a great run- running mostly off trail, just running ridges out- peeking over the edge and then run another out

Old 04-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #754

^Thats crazy, Its May almost, I do love the snow tho.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #756
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffymonkey View Post
Got 4th in the blue bell 10k last weekend an hour after totaling my tacoma. Police were nice enough to drop me off at the race, and I ran with whiplash lol

That is just NUTZ!

From the 14th, til the 20th I was home in Tampa. Which means I missed three snowstorms here in Denver! :jump:

I also got to have to barefoot and shirtless runs @ Clearwater Beach, while my freinds and co-workers were buried with snow!
Old 04-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #757

big sky's Tacoma Gallery
had a good week- 41.4 miles 8.1/5.2/7.2/14.1/6.8

my 14 mile run was a doozy- ran some new country, the only thing using these "trails" have been mule deer- there probably hasn't been a foot print in there for years it quite a while to finish the run as I did a lot of turning around- ridge ending abruptly, going up when I should have gone down and vice versa, also lots of elevation gain/loss- probably 3000'-ish

my run today was pretty easy, I brought my little folding saw and spent as much time sawing as I did running, but the payoff will be sweet the next time I run it
Old 04-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #759
I had 26.5 miles for the week. It should've been 30, but I got a bit derailed last night...

I went trail running, just before the sunset. I was planning on doing 9 maybe 10 or even 11 miles. 3 miles into it, I saw a bunch of coyote action going on. I ran back to my car, and have a new trail PR to boot!

Do y'all have any "wild life" encounter techniques, when running solo?
Old 04-29-2013, 02:52 PM   #760

big sky's Tacoma Gallery
the only wildlife that would be of concern running for me is grizzlies, when I run (or hike) in grizzly country I always carry bear spray.

black bears, lions, coyotes- simply stand your ground, stand tall, holler, etc- in the very (very) rare instance they were to attack, fight like hell and they should be leaving in a hurry

btw our biologists last year discovered that bear spray is effective on lions, it's also very effective for canids as well- so you could always strap a can on and you'd be prepared

Products Discussed in this Thread