Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

The "Official" Runners thread...

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #61
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
wow, very nice
Txs Dude, how is the foot? Are you elevating your foot/leg when resting? Trust me, do it it will increase blood flow to your limb and accelerate healing.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #62
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
^^^^This is so true.. I hate feet damadge.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #63
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
Stay at it, and make sure you let it heal PROPERLY. Otherwise it will be like the IRS, it will never leave you alone. Trust me, I used to work for the IRS...
Old 02-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #64
brp is on a distinguished road
brp's Tacoma Gallery
I am a runner, and I have owned a running specialty shop. PM with shoe and injury questions if you have any.

I would call myself an 800m/half mile runner, but I have gone up to 50k/31mile.

I have run more miles that I have driven my Tacoma, but it is gaining fast.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #65
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
I am a runner, and I have owned a running specialty shop. PM with shoe and injury questions if you have any.

I would call myself an 800m/half mile runner, but I have gone up to 50k/31mile.

I have run more miles that I have driven my Tacoma, but it is gaining fast.
Please feel free to post any comments or suggestions and welcome to the thread!
Old 02-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #66
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
I've ran 71 miles in 2 weeks! Record for me.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:48 AM   #67
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
I've ran 71 miles in 2 weeks! Record for me.
If I can maintain it, I'll be @ 70 myself!
Old 02-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #68
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
me and my mom after we finished the marine corps marathon this past october in washington DC

Old 02-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #69
Last night I got lazy because it was cold, about 44 degrees so I didn't run my moderate 4 miler. I figure "I'll just do it tomorrow", it was supposed to be in the 50's...

Well tomorrow is today and today we are having a high of 38 degrees with 70% humidity (mist)

Anyway, looks like I'll be doing the 4 miler in colder weather and with even more layers than last night...
Old 02-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #70
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
marathong, eh
haha... edited
Old 02-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #71

Quote:
not fun...
this made me think- do you guys not like treadmills?
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck treadmills
Old 02-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #72

right on man, if it works for ya... treadmills make my hips hurt if i run on them consistantly for a week or so.

only time i hate running outside is when it's cold. otherwise i'll take the great outdoors over a hampster wheel any day ... actually if it's too cold out i just dont run
Old 02-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #73

Quote:
i was just wondering, it seems like the guys who are really into running really hate treadmills, i was wondering if the same applied to you fellas. you think your hips hurt b/c you're changing the width of your stride to accommodate the track width?
i think my hips hurt because military special operations jacked them up and the teardmill just brings it out for some reason...
Old 02-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #74
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck treadmills
Yeap. But they are really helpful for speed work, so I do 1.5 miles, twice a week on it.

Quote:
seems we have an answer
i go hella far/fast on treadmills, idk what it is about it but i always reach my running goals on mills
Because they are WAY EASIER, and not necessarily in a good way. For example if you run with 0 inclination, it's like going downhill all the time. When using it, start at 1 and work your way up
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
right on man, if it works for ya... treadmills make my hips hurt if i run on them consistantly for a week or so.

only time i hate running outside is when it's cold. otherwise i'll take the great outdoors over a hampster wheel any day ... actually if it's too cold out i just dont run
I will not run if it's below 20 degrees. Nope, not, no siree...

I did 4.3 miles on 40:06. A bit faster than I wanted, but I felt good, so what the heck!
Old 02-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #75
6.3 miles in 58:40

Tomorrow 1.5 treadmill miles.

Saturday I will run a 5 mile fundraiser race, but I got to do 7 for the day, so I'll run 2 AFTER the race.

It will be my first time EVER running at all at temps below 26 degrees, and my first race below 34 degrees...

It will be COLD!
Old 02-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #76
Quote:
wow, sounds like it
i will be going back to lax tmw i think i have tendonitis in my achilles (really, when it rains it pours as far as injuries go for me) but im just gonna run through it and hope to god i dont rupture. btw that turf toe i think was felt on the top of the foot b/c the arches in my cleats were way forward (under the balls of my feet) so i got some dr scholls for that shit
Sleep with your leg (foot) elevated, until the swelling is gone. Tendonitis will just "evaporate". Good luck and take it slow while you have the tendonitis.

I ran a 5K and a half marathon with it, and I was MISERABLE!
Old 02-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #77
BaNgArAnG
06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Caleb
06TACOFIREMAN's Tacoma Gallery
for you runners out there, ive always worked out and stuff and played sports in high school (football and baseball) but lately anytime i run any kind of distance i get shin splints so bad it feels like someones driving a nail in my legs. anyone got any tips to help keep that down?
Old 02-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #78
Quote:
have been putting them on 2 kingsize pillows stacked, definitely above the heart
it has been helping for sure.
damn, man good luck running in that cold...what do you wear for that?
Good for ya!

Below 40 I use the Under Armour with a tech shirt and regular running shorts. If there is wind above 15 mph I'll add a light sweat jacket. I also have running gloves

For below 33, all of the above, except the tech shirt will be long sleeved, and I'll also wear skiing headgear. On Sat I'll probably wear my skiing "stick up" mask if it's windy... I may also wear sweat pants, at least before the race.

It sucks, as I have a "I will not run below 20 degrees" policy, but a) it's for a good cause, and b) it will be full of babes...
Old 02-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #79
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TACOFIREMAN View Post
for you runners out there, ive always worked out and stuff and played sports in high school (football and baseball) but lately anytime i run any kind of distance i get shin splints so bad it feels like someones driving a nail in my legs. anyone got any tips to help keep that down?
Quote:
run on softer surfaces. you are running on the concrete sidewalk, arent you? get your ass cross country and get some nice running shoes- go to a dedicated running shop and they will hook you up
That's it! I'll also add then if you have to run on a hard surface, do it on asphalt, it has some "give" whereas concrete has NONE. But yeah, fresh new shoes are CRITICAL. Also don't use your running shoes for anything that is not running. I use the old shoes for whatever, but my active running shoes are just for running. BTW a shoe my look like it has plenty of life, but if it's old it won't protect you like a new shoe. They just deteriorate, unless you never used them...
Old 02-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #80
Go BIG or Go HOME
Buell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud of

Name: Michael
Buell's Tacoma Gallery
Saw this thred. thought I'd introduce myself. I ran at UC Riverside (D1) did the 10k, 5k, and cross country. 30:03-10k, still pissed I didn't break 30, 14:29-5k Took about 2 years off and am now getting back into it, building up slowly. I don't think I'll ever be as fast as I once was but it doesnt hurt to try, i still have time

Products Discussed in this Thread