Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

The "Official" Runners thread...

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #841
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
Happy national runners day.
+1
Old 06-06-2013, 05:58 AM   #842
Piratefish is on a distinguished road

Piratefish's Tacoma Gallery
Ill give you three guesss what i did for national runners day.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #843
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piratefish View Post
Ill give you three guesss what i did for national runners day.
1. You stuffed your face on ice cream
2. You stuffed your face on pizza
3. You got drunk

Old 06-07-2013, 04:39 AM   #844

^Close
Old 06-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #846

Holy crap Las Vegas is HOT! I hate running in the heat!
Old 06-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #847
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
I was told by three different big time podiatrists, that I could not run anymore due to my ankles being toast. Since then, I've ran over 3,000 miles, including 1 full marathon. I plan on running more marathons, and eventually a 50k. My wife and I had a baby in January, and i've been staying home instead of running lately. I need to stop being so lazy
Old 06-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #848
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Holy crap Las Vegas is HOT! I hate running in the heat!
Last summer, I ran 14.8ish miles on a 115 degree day. Lots of hills, no clouds, and strong wind in my face the whole way. I thought I was gonna die. There is NO way I could do that in a desert
Old 06-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #849
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
big sky's Tacoma Gallery
finished up my race today- Pengelly Double Dip- trail 1/2 marathon with several really steep ascents

my goal was to finish under 3 hours (I ran the route on my own a month ago when visiting Missoula and ran it in 3:10) managed a 2:54

I was absolutely done in at the end, the last mile was flat (along the Clarks Fork) but I had nothing left- it was everything I could do just to keep running and not walk!

I soaked my legs in the Clark's Fork for 15 minutes, little painful at first w/ the water temp @ ~ 45 degrees, but I think it was just what the doctor ordered
Old 06-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #850
Gamecock Tacos
jeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jeremy
jeremy1ns's Tacoma Gallery
Ran 13.1 yesterday prepping for a Trail Half im doing July 7th. Finished it in 1:57, frggin stoked considering thats the first time I have ran over 10 miles in my life.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:43 AM   #851
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Nice updates everyone! It looks like everybody is putting lots of miles on their feet!

I beat my 5k PR yesterday at 24:02. Nothing to write home about but Im still excited about it.

Now Im getting pain in the arch of my left foot though...no fun
Old 06-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #852
Tilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lyle
Tilt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy1ns View Post
Ran 13.1 yesterday prepping for a Trail Half im doing July 7th. Finished it in 1:57, frggin stoked considering thats the first time I have ran over 10 miles in my life.

OMG....I hate you!!!

(I don't really......but I think I do actually)
Old 06-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #853
Gamecock Tacos
jeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jeremy
jeremy1ns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt View Post
OMG....I hate you!!!

(I don't really......but I think I do actually)
Miles 11-13 were so friggin hard, its like I hit a wall. My calves are still sore 2 whole days later but its all good.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #854
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

big sky's Tacoma Gallery
got in 30 miles this week, w/ a 13 mile long run on Saturday; the highlight of the week though wasn't a run, but a day hike to Stuart Peak on Monday- a 19 mile gruelr w/ ~ 4000' of elevation gain (and then loss)

this week will be pretty easy as I run my first 50k event next Saturday

few pics from the hike

Old 06-17-2013, 08:09 AM   #855
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^^ awesome scenery!
Old 06-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #856

^Sweet! I dont see a fishing pole strapped to your back though.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #857
Tilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lyle
Tilt's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^^Looks like a GREAT hike!!

Here's a photo of me doing some Spartan Training this past Saturday. Not directly running related - but it's the highest I've made it on a rope ever. I could have gone higher, but I started worrying about how to get down - lol.

Old 06-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #858

big sky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^Sweet! I dont see a fishing pole strapped to your back though.
I'm going back in early July for a three day/two night trip and I'll definitely have a fishing pole strapped to my back- several of the lakes have some sizable cutthroats
Old 06-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #859

I damaged my achillies yesterday doing some sprint work. Not fun at all Im pretty bummed out about it too. Ive got a 10k trail race at the end of August and also I had just decided I was going to start training for a Spartan beast this December and this happens...

Owell, other than setting me back a little bit Im gonna try and not let it bother me too much.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #860

big sky's Tacoma Gallery
I've come to the conclusion that sprint work is dangerous, for me anyways. I thought it would be good to mix some in w/ my normal running. I tried to warm up well, and gradually increase speed w/ the sprints. All was well for a couple of sessions and then I must have pushed too hard and pulled a groin muscle- badly. Felt like someone had shot me w/ a rifle. In a couple of days I was bruising from the inside out, almost the full length of my inner quad.

I still do speed work, but that is totally different than sprinting. I'll leave the sprinting to high school and college athletes

Products Discussed in this Thread