LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

The "Official" Runners thread...

Old 08-30-2013, 07:25 AM   #961
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKYTXN View Post
This is typical of race photos. To get the cost down you have to spend more, basically buy the entire package. It's definitely a racket.
for the amount of money the HH100 makes they could have hired a few photographers and put them on the course and given free pictures. Thats what the spartan races do.

or at least make the pics cheaper and they would sell more... the pics are already taken. Im betting if they were only like $5 each they would sell a lot more and actualy make more money.

owell...
Old 08-30-2013, 07:36 AM   #962
engineerd is a splendid one to beholdengineerd is a splendid one to beholdengineerd is a splendid one to beholdengineerd is a splendid one to beholdengineerd is a splendid one to beholdengineerd is a splendid one to beholdengineerd is a splendid one to behold
engineerd's Tacoma Gallery
I did a 50 mile trail run with 10k feet of elevation gain to celebrate my 60th this year. Finished, but it was easier 20 years ago.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #963
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineerd View Post
I did a 50 mile trail run with 10k feet of elevation gain to celebrate my 60th this year. Finished, but it was easier 20 years ago.
awesome! and congrats!
Old 09-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #964
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
big sky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineerd View Post
another congrats!

August was a good month for me- 182 miles

busy weekend- tough 20 miler on Saturday and today my wife and I bagged Elkhorn and Crow Peaks (11-ish miles w/ ~ 4000' of elevation gain)

Old 09-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #965
Tilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lyle
Tilt's Tacoma Gallery
Tomorrow I will participate in my first Spartan 'Super' Race. I've done 3 'Sprints' so far (5k). The 15k 'Super' promises to be quite a test. It's right here in my home City (Red Deer, Alberta) - so it'll be nice to sleep in my own bed prior to the Race. It's raining pretty good today, and will be raining tomorrow. So it's going to be real messy!! Can't wait!!
Old 09-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #966

good luck and have fun!
Old 09-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #967
Tilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tilt's Tacoma Gallery
Did the 'Super' Spartan today here in Red Deer. It was a first-time ever race here, and they did a GREAT job on the course. I think it was only around 13 (ish) kms - but the terrain was crazy fun (and bloody hard). Some of the trails where ones I had trained on, so it was nice to have a feel for where I was. My running partner and I blasted thru the entire course - with her only having to do penalty burpees at the Spear Throw. I made it thru with zero penalties. The fastest times on the course where right around 1 hour - and we managed just under 1.5 hours. Pretty wild for a couple 40-somethings.

Now it's 3 weeks to the 'Beast'!! Oh baby, I can't wait.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:26 AM   #968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt View Post
Did the 'Super' Spartan today here in Red Deer. It was a first-time ever race here, and they did a GREAT job on the course. I think it was only around 13 (ish) kms - but the terrain was crazy fun (and bloody hard). Some of the trails where ones I had trained on, so it was nice to have a feel for where I was. My running partner and I blasted thru the entire course - with her only having to do penalty burpees at the Spear Throw. I made it thru with zero penalties. The fastest times on the course where right around 1 hour - and we managed just under 1.5 hours. Pretty wild for a couple 40-somethings.

Now it's 3 weeks to the 'Beast'!! Oh baby, I can't wait.
Congrats
Old 09-09-2013, 04:56 PM   #969
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

big sky's Tacoma Gallery
congrats +1
Old 09-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #970
TacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud of

Name: Jake
TacoBurrito07's Tacoma Gallery
Ran my first collegiate 8k today. Ran 27:18 on a pretty hilly course. Can't be mad with that
Old 09-15-2013, 07:58 AM   #971
Piratefish is on a distinguished road

Piratefish's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBurrito07 View Post
Ran my first collegiate 8k today. Ran 27:18 on a pretty hilly course. Can't be mad with that
Congrats!
Old 09-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #972
TacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piratefish View Post
Congrats!
Thanks man!
1 race of 7 for the season. Long way to go
Old 09-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #973

big sky's Tacoma Gallery
Ran (walked, climbed, crawled) the Rut Run 50k yesterday, by far the toughest run I've ever done- my goal was simple- finish! I'm happy to report that I accomplished that- in a mere 10:21 (about an hour before the mandatory cutoff). This race boasted almost 9000' of elevation gain (pretty close to the same of descent), w/ the entire course above 8500', including the summit of Lone Peak (12,200'). The course was the brainchild of Mike Wolfe and Mike Foote, two North Face sponsored ultrarunners- this should have been warning enough to leave this one alone. Race day started at 7:00 AM with the temp hovering around 40 degrees with rain- it was cold and it didn't bode well for such a technical/steep course. Fortunately the rain quit a couple hours in, but it stayed cool- a godsend.

The ascent of Lone Peak is reminiscent of something out of the Eiger Sanction, , 2400' of elevation gain in a little over a mile, this wasn't a mere scramble, but much closer to a Class III climb.

Not my pic, but you get the idea (these fellas are a long way from the summit.

the aid stations were littered w/ folks who were broken down both physically and mentally-I saw several cases of twisted ankles, cuts/bruises, hypothermia and folks that simply couldn't continue- it definitely took it's toll

anywho, I'm alive to run another day (in a couple of days that is )
Old 09-16-2013, 06:53 AM   #974

Awesome, Mike!! Congrats on your finish.

I really want to be on the ultra level some day.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:00 AM   #975
Winker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
Winker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBurrito07 View Post
Thanks man!
1 race of 7 for the season. Long way to go
Awesome, how'd you place on the team? 27's aren't bad for 8k, I like to think but I never did run faster than 27:00!
Old 09-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #976

Looking forward to a trail run after work today

My younger sister is getting back into running and is doing her first half marathon next month but she has only been training on a tredmill... She ran the other day with me on some trails, it was only 4 miles and she was dying....haha
Old 09-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #977
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I was... It sounds like fun but my body just does NOT like running.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winker View Post
Awesome, how'd you place on the team? 27's aren't bad for 8k, I like to think but I never did run faster than 27:00!
I was 3rd. We have one guy that went under 26, one guy 26:30, then me. This was our hardest course of the year though so should be interesting to see where I end up.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:51 AM   #979

big sky's Tacoma Gallery
grand total of 8 miles this week, first few days were rest from the 50k- the other days i succumbed t0 a cold got 6 miles in yesterday afternoon and I think the cold is in it's last throws
Old 09-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #980

Tilt's Tacoma Gallery
Officially into taper, as the Spartan 'Beast' in Sun Peaks, B.C. approaches. I am so pumped for this race it isn't even funny!! We have quite a number of people from our training group doing this race - and several of them are sh*tting in their boots. I seem to be the only one that can't wait for the start - haha!! Oh man it's going to be crazy!!