Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

The "Official" Runners thread...

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-28-2013, 06:30 AM   #1001
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBurrito07 View Post
I mean I can't guarantee results obviously but it has worked amazing for me. Also I think someone mentioned this earlier but I've also put a lacrosse ball on the ground and rolled my arch on that. That seems to get a lot if the scar tissue and such worked out.
I used a kitchen rolling pin on my foot thing morning. Ive got a hard spot on the bottom of my left heel. Im gonna try and work it out. I also have scare tissue on my achillies tendon but idk if foam rolling will work it out?
Old 10-28-2013, 06:32 AM   #1002
TacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud of

Name: Jake
TacoBurrito07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
I used a kitchen rolling pin on my foot thing morning. Ive got a hard spot on the bottom of my left heel. Im gonna try and work it out. I also have scare tissue on my achillies tendon but idk if foam rolling will work it out?
oh man. Scar tissue on the achilles? that sounds rough.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:01 AM   #1003
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
oh man. Scar tissue on the achilles? that sounds rough.
yea...not cool. Im trying to avoid surgery
Old 10-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #1004
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
big sky's Tacoma Gallery
my injuries (which I've not suffered for some time now-knock on wood) tended towards calf and achilles- I foam (very, very firm foam) roll pretty religiously now and it seems to keep those gremlins at bay
Old 10-29-2013, 08:44 AM   #1005

Quote:
Originally Posted by big sky View Post
my injuries (which I've not suffered for some time now-knock on wood) tended towards calf and achilles- I foam (very, very firm foam) roll pretty religiously now and it seems to keep those gremlins at bay
Ive got a roller that Ive been using for about a month and I love it. I do need a stiffer one though. This one is getting pretty broken in.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:45 AM   #1006
TacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud of

Most intense roller you can get: black 4" PVC pipe. It hurts so good hahaha
Old 10-29-2013, 10:03 AM   #1007

Quote:
Most intense roller you can get: black 4" PVC pipe. It hurts so good hahaha
haha nice. The cheapest too
Old 11-01-2013, 03:35 AM   #1008
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone get really tight/fatigued hip flexors (front where leg hinges). Usually starts around mile 4-5. was just the right leg so i figured it was a form issue on that side but now it's both? Got my half-marathon on sunday and will prob just take some ibuprofen before but wil need to address this deeper eventually.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:29 AM   #1009

Things I always do if something hurts: take ibuprofen, roll it out, stretch it, and ice. Also heat before I do my warm up.
If that'd doesn't fix the problem I go and see the trainer. (2-3 days of this is when I normally see at least some improvement)
Or in your case a physical therapist.

Just an idea
Old 11-01-2013, 06:23 AM   #1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Anyone get really tight/fatigued hip flexors (front where leg hinges). Usually starts around mile 4-5. was just the right leg so i figured it was a form issue on that side but now it's both? Got my half-marathon on sunday and will prob just take some ibuprofen before but wil need to address this deeper eventually.
Foam roll, man. foam roller is a "miracle" cure!
If you're unsure how to use it, check youtube. there are tons of videos on there.

I recently started lifting again and i rolled my legs out last night and I feel much better today after being sore for the last few days
Old 11-01-2013, 06:25 AM   #1011
Gamecock Tacos
jeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jeremy
jeremy1ns's Tacoma Gallery
Did my first real half last week. It was cold as balls. Finished in 1:38. Pretty stocked considering I was worried all week about the cold. Had gotten to train in anything under 50.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy1ns View Post
Did my first real half last week. It was cold as balls. Finished in 1:38. Pretty stocked considering I was worried all week about the cold. Had gotten to train in anything under 50.
Great time!
Old 11-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #1013
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Things I always do if something hurts: take ibuprofen, roll it out, stretch it, and ice. Also heat before I do my warm up.
If that'd doesn't fix the problem I go and see the trainer. (2-3 days of this is when I normally see at least some improvement)
Or in your case a physical therapist.

Just an idea
Ya, that's what I'm doing at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
Foam roll, man. foam roller is a "miracle" cure!
If you're unsure how to use it, check youtube. there are tons of videos on there.

I recently started lifting again and i rolled my legs out last night and I feel much better today after being sore for the last few days
Thanks, I was rolling routinely but now only once or twice a week. When's the best time? I heard post run isn't idead due to all the micro-traumas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy1ns View Post
Nice job man......that's a great time! I have a 7am start time and it'll be in the 50's, then 80's by late morning (should be done then). Plan is to wear a light jacket and give to wife at first water station 2 miles in. That's cold as hell for the desert dwellers.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #1014
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

big sky's Tacoma Gallery
I'm still on my four day a week running schedule, averaging about 30 miles/week, typically w/ a long run on Saturday in the teens

My mid week runs are in the pitch dark, even though I get off work at 4:30 pm

Using two lamps, one on my head and one on my waist- helps me from wrecking
Old 11-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by big sky View Post
I'm still on my four day a week running schedule, averaging about 30 miles/week, typically w/ a long run on Saturday in the teens

My mid week runs are in the pitch dark, even though I get off work at 4:30 pm Using two lamps, one on my head and one on my waist helps me from wrecking
Thats the mileage I'm about to start with. We had our National meet this past weekend in Cedarville, OH. Finished 34th with a time of 26:40 for 8k (the course was a tad long however). As a team we finished 6th which is a heck of a lot better than last year. (They finished 18th.)
Keep in mind this is the NCCAA not the NCAA. Now on to off season training. 1 week completely off and then start running every other day and mountain biking or swimming the other day.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #1016
God Bless America
Rustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Rustbucket's Tacoma Gallery
Doing AR 50 endurance run on April 6th. Pretty pumped on that
Old 12-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #1017

Off season training is the best.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #1018

big sky's Tacoma Gallery
had to get on the dreadmill today as we're a balmy 3F (-17 w/ the windchill!)- I hate running on a TM, but w/ a week of below 0 temps forecasted I had better get used to it
Old 12-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #1020

big sky's Tacoma Gallery
^ nice I see a lot of Tacoma's and various Subaru's at the trail races I run- they account for the vast majority of vehicles

Products Discussed in this Thread