Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

The "Official" Runners thread...

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2014, 02:30 PM   #1081
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm

Got my gf a new heart rate monitor for valentines day

Polar FT4F, wasn't too expensive from amazon at under 75.....She'll like it though

And looks like its pretty good quality as well.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:41 PM   #1082
transplant is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: theo
transplant's Tacoma Gallery
any ultra or long distance trail runners in here?

also, ill be in DC for the nike womens half supporting the wife (and drinking) if anyone else will be!

on-its gonna be a good time-on!
Old 03-19-2014, 05:39 AM   #1083
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant View Post

also, ill be in DC for the nike womens half supporting the wife (and drinking) if anyone else will be!

Bigsky on here did an ultra last year I think. (a few pages back)

I love to trail run. We have an awesome trail system in my town for mtn biking and running. I did my first 10k and 15 mile race last year.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:48 AM   #1084
Gamecock Tacos
jeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jeremy
jeremy1ns's Tacoma Gallery
I've done a trail half. Loved it but it was tough.

Any of y'all signed up for a marathon for this year. I'm going to put in for the Chicago marathon
Old 03-19-2014, 06:00 AM   #1085
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
No marathons for me.

5K fun run this saturday in dallas (black light color run) the wife wanted to do it.

April - Marathon relay in oklahoma city, Ill be doing a 5k for this. And a mud run/fun run in my hometown...I plan on carrying either a tire or a sandbag for the duration of the course

May - Spartan super in Burnet TX, 9 miles on the 17th, spartan sprint 4.4 miles the next day.

June - the gauntlet OCR in oklahomo city

August - Hotter-n-hell 100. friday/sat/sun mtn bike 12 mile race/50 mile road bike race/trail half

Sep- ironman sprint
Old 03-19-2014, 08:47 AM   #1086

Marines:
i did chicago last year. it was fun but crowded. i didnt do so hot either.

i tried for my first trail 50k last september, but dropped for the first time because of an IT band issue. downhills kill me and it was in the mountains.

i just got accepted for the MCM lotto, i dont even know if ill be in country for that.. but im down for whatever most of the time.

i think ill be running a 50mi in SFO dec 6 and a few of the rock n roll series. if youve never run a half or a marathon before, those are a great place to start.

i plan on taking a little jog when i go to rock therapy if possible.. any of yall going are more than welcome to come!

i just need to get better shoes -_-
Old 03-19-2014, 08:57 AM   #1087

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy1ns View Post
I've done a trail half. Loved it but it was tough.

Any of y'all signed up for a marathon for this year. I'm going to put in for the Chicago marathon
good luck for chicago! registration last year was such a bitch. the website crashed almost immediately. it took me three hours to register
Old 03-19-2014, 09:35 AM   #1088

Marines:
http://www.thenorthface.com/en_US/en...?stop_mobi=yes

just registered for the 50k also... waiting on the wife to see if 10k or half marathon for day 2. any takers??? im not fast but i love to run.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:04 AM   #1089
\m/ armor on meats \m/
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Mt. Hood 50m is the only race I'm currently signed up for. There is a local 50k/50m here in May and I'm contemplating doing the 50k. I guess I'll wait and see what type of shape I'm in come mid April.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:09 AM   #1090

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
Mt. Hood 50m is the only race I'm currently signed up for. There is a local 50k/50m here in May and I'm contemplating doing the 50k. I guess I'll wait and see what type of shape I'm in come mid April.
im almost positive ill be deployed again for that one.. if im not though..... you might just see me! wheezing and complaining. loudly.

edit: awwwwww wait list

edit2: HUGE wait list!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:13 AM   #1091
\m/ armor on meats \m/
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
im almost positive ill be deployed again for that one.. if im not though..... you might just see me! wheezing and complaining. loudly.

edit: awwwwww wait list

edit2: HUGE wait list!
Yeah, it fills up in a couple hours. I set my alarm to sign up for this one
Old 03-20-2014, 02:45 PM   #1092
Winker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
Winker's Tacoma Gallery
Just found out one of my high school teammates ran a sub 4 minute mile. I used to beat him but he was a freshman and I was a Sr
Old 03-20-2014, 03:26 PM   #1093

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winker View Post
Just found out one of my high school teammates ran a sub 4 minute mile. I used to beat him but he was a freshman and I was a Sr
aint that a bitch. haha.

i would need wings or a skinny pedal to do a 4min mile. im happy when i get into the 7s.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:33 PM   #1094
Winker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
Winker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
aint that a bitch. haha.

i would need wings or a skinny pedal to do a 4min mile. im happy when i get into the 7s.
I don't run anymore but it's mind blowing that he ran that.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:25 AM   #1095
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
big sky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

raises hand

all of the events I have done thus far have been trail events- distance from 20-40 miles; I'm signed up for a couple 20-25 mile mountain races already and will sign up for a couple of 50k's as well

we're going to attempt a Zion NP traverse early April ~ 47 miles- same group of guys that I ran w/ in Spring of 12 for the R2R2R in the Grand Canyon and last Spring a traverse of Joshua Tree- it's not an organized run/race, just guys who like to run long distances in pretty places
Old 03-22-2014, 10:47 AM   #1096

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by big sky View Post
raises hand

all of the events I have done thus far have been trail events- distance from 20-40 miles; I'm signed up for a couple 20-25 mile mountain races already and will sign up for a couple of 50k's as well

we're going to attempt a Zion NP traverse early April ~ 47 miles- same group of guys that I ran w/ in Spring of 12 for the R2R2R in the Grand Canyon and last Spring a traverse of Joshua Tree- it's not an organized run/race, just guys who like to run long distances in pretty places
sounds like my kinda people. i love doing races for the new places they take me. when the wife and i go camping, i set out for a nice little run.

im almost always on the road, but keep me in mind for things like that! want to join in on the SFO 50k in dec?
Old 03-22-2014, 11:46 AM   #1097
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

big sky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
sounds like my kinda people. i love doing races for the new places they take me. when the wife and i go camping, i set out for a nice little run.

im almost always on the road, but keep me in mind for things like that! want to join in on the SFO 50k in dec?
December would be a good time to get away from here I'll definitely contemplate that one.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:24 PM   #1098

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by big sky View Post
December would be a good time to get away from here I'll definitely contemplate that one.
the link to it is in post 1088. it doesnt seem to fill up very quickly so no rush there
Old 05-18-2014, 11:10 AM   #1099
Tilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lyle
Tilt's Tacoma Gallery
Well I finally did it!!! I finished a Half Marathon in under 2 hours. I don't do a lot of Half Marathons - this was only my 4th. Mostly into Spartan Racing. I did the Woody's Half Marathon here in my home City. Clocked a time almost exactly 1:59. Pretty good for a guy that's really not designed for faster distance running. So happy I finally broke this barrier.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:26 AM   #1100

big sky's Tacoma Gallery
well a big congrats!

my running was halted 3/17 w/ a stress fracture in my left heel I had to cancel out on Zion, 7 weeks w/o running; first some stationary cycling, then started hiking, two weeks ago I started some light jogging. I was signed up for a mountain 30k last weekend and had to drop to the 12k, I made it- but it was slow.

I bought a mtn bike and if my heel is sore after a run, I'll bike the next day (like today)

it's getting a little old to say the least

Products Discussed in this Thread