Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

1st Annual "Tacoma World Open" Golf Tournament

Old 12-05-2008, 09:06 AM   #1
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (T2T2X1)Air Transportation Technical Training Instructor
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
1st Annual "Tacoma World Open" Golf Tournament

I would like to pitch the idea of a Multi Region Golf Tournement.

One weekend March-April Timeframe, a Few Different Meeting locations across the US and Canada.. Have a Rep for each location collect the score cards post results.

Could also use this as an oppurtunity to do a charitable event in the name of Tacoma World.

If we plan it right we can find courses that will take a descent size group give a slight discount. and then in addition to the Greens Fees and Such collect 10-20$ per player and in turn donate the money to a local orginization in Tacoma World's name....

I would like to use this thread to pitch ideas around..

Dates?
Locations?
Any General Ideas really?

I was thinking:

Carolinas
North Texas
SoCal
New England Area
Florida
Great White North
Midwest..?
Old 12-05-2008, 09:27 AM   #2
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
this seems like it could be fun.

i'm down.

go team.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:34 AM   #3
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
I'm not a fan of golf, but it's a good idea
Old 12-05-2008, 10:26 AM   #5
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The idea is to make a weekend of it...

Road trip it, have a meet BBQ one day play golf the next day...
Old 12-05-2008, 02:22 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i could be down for that...i still play, but i was MUCH better in high school
Old 12-05-2008, 02:33 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
im in.......but here in the carolinas, at least south carolina anyway............i'll do disc golf!! i dont play normal golf at all.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:33 PM   #9
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
im in!
Old 12-05-2008, 02:37 PM   #10
Im so hungry i can ride a horse...
kmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
kmrofka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
im in.......but here in the carolinas, at least south carolina anyway............i'll do disc golf!! i dont play normal golf at all.
long live disc golf lol i havent played in a while... need to get my discs out and dust em off
Old 12-05-2008, 02:39 PM   #11
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrofka View Post
long live disc golf lol i havent played in a while... need to get my discs out and dust em off
i love dg man...............we used to play every weekend and 3 or 4 days a week. since i injured my neck this past summer and had surgery a couple of months ago....i havent played in a while. gotta get back to it soon tho!!
Old 12-05-2008, 02:41 PM   #12
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
I am an excellent golfer, but I can never seem to get it through the damn windmill on the first shot.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:45 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtrn2taco View Post
I am an excellent golfer, but I can never seem to get it through the damn windmill on the first shot.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:08 PM   #14
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in, if we can get something going in New England.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:14 PM   #15
-Doomsday Squad-"game over man"
RaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud of

RaginCajun's Tacoma Gallery
I Love playing disc-golf!
Old 12-05-2008, 03:15 PM   #16
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
im in!

Love to golf... this would be a nice trip to plan!
Old 12-05-2008, 03:18 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
I Love playing disc-golf!
hell yeah. a few of us around here like dg....cool. we could do a disc golf day or something, although it would end up being a drive for some of us....we could all meet at a dg course that would be fair to everyone as far as distance goes...................although we do have some great courses here........and winthrop lake where the usdgc holds the United States championship every october!!
Old 12-05-2008, 04:03 PM   #18
-Doomsday Squad-"game over man"
RaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud of

RaginCajun's Tacoma Gallery
hell yeh! Here's my discs

Old 12-05-2008, 04:04 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
hell yeh! Here's my discs

nice dude!!! i love the banshee's and the wraiths!!! super friggin fast, and pretty over stable too. the wraith is great for a long shot, even into the wind!!! if you are ever in my nck of the woods....we'll get a few rounds in for sure!!
Old 12-05-2008, 11:32 PM   #20
Sticks For Troops

Soo I see the Frisbee.. uh I mean Disc Golfers.. have pitched there ideas.. where are the worm burners at.. I know there are butt loads of Golf Courses across the Carolinas.. *cough* the better ones being in the Northern Carolina.. But I would def like to get something set up... It could be one hell of a weekend.. Plus who doesnt enjoy whacking there balls around all afternoon