Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Anybody as excited for Baseball as I am?

Old 02-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #21
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
I can't wait to see my Braves go to work this year. To the people that don't like it, think it's boring, etc I couldn't tell you why I love it so much but I could watch a game all day long and not move an inch. IMO Baseball is the best sport one of the biggest reason's why is because there isn't any of that running out the clock bull shit like in football or basketball. You have to give that last man at the plate 3 chances at least and it only takes one swing to turn the game around.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #22
The Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
The Yellow Dart's Tacoma Gallery
I'm heading to Peoria, AZ tomorrow for Spring Training.

I work for the Mariners, so I'm excited. I haven't been to Spring Training since 2007.

Although I work for the M's I was born and raised in St. Louis -- so my heart will always be with these guys:

Old 02-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #23
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yellow Dart View Post
I'm heading to Peoria, AZ tomorrow for Spring Training.

I work for the Mariners, so I'm excited. I haven't been to Spring Training since 2007.

Although I work for the M's I was born and raised in St. Louis -- so my heart will always be with these guys:

I've applied to work somewhere at Turner Field but haven't heard anything back yet. One of my friends was getting letters from the Cards saying that they were scouting him but he fucked it up by not going to class enough and got kicked out of his old college. He's thinking of going minor league which shouldn't be much of a problem considering he ended his senior year throwing 97, a sick curve, and an incredible change up not sure what his final ERA was though I believe it was around a 1.70.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #24
The Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
The Yellow Dart's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
I've applied to work somewhere at Turner Field but haven't heard anything back yet. One of my friends was getting letters from the Cards saying that they were scouting him but he fucked it up by not going to class enough and got kicked out of his old college.
Baseball teams don't care about grades.

His main problem might be that once you enroll in a 4-year school, you have to wait 3 years before you can be drafted. Or, they thought he was a head-case and decided to pass on him.

What were you looking at doing at Turner? I know some people at the Braves, I can look around and see what they have open.

Just to be clear -- working in baseball isn't all sunshine and roses. I work a shitload of hours and I'm pretty sure I make less than my contemporaries who hold similar positions outside baseball. Like, 15 grand less.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #25
Taco Roja
Ohbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud of

Navy: 1987-1997
Name: Brian
Ohbrian's Tacoma Gallery
Baseball is great when I need a power nap.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #26
Will The Thrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yellow Dart View Post
Baseball teams don't care about grades.

His main problem might be that once you enroll in a 4-year school, you have to wait 3 years before you can be drafted. Or, they thought he was a head-case and decided to pass on him.

What were you looking at doing at Turner? I know some people at the Braves, I can look around and see what they have open.

Just to be clear -- working in baseball isn't all sunshine and roses. I work a shitload of hours and I'm pretty sure I make less than my contemporaries who hold similar positions outside baseball. Like, 15 grand less.
Really it was just for the hell of it. Looking to do like a summer job and I figured it would be a great place if I could do it. I have family that lives about 30 minutes away from turner. He has a pretty screw up elbow every time it goes above or beyond 90 degrees it'll click.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #27
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
Whaaaa? It's such a great excuse to be drunk in public and yell volger things at the other team!
You need an excuse to do this?
Old 02-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #28
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
You need an excuse to do this?
Have you ever been asked "why are you drunk right now" and not been able to come up with an answer? So yes, yes I do!
Old 02-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #29
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a huge baseball fan. Played it from t-ball up into high school. My son just made the freshman team, too. Baseball is a bit boring to watch on TV for many, but not for me. I can watch every game of the season if I could get away with it because I love the game for the strategy and all of the components that come together to make a win. Baseball games are always more fun to attend if you don't mind dealing with the crowds.

Die-hard D-backs fan. Say what you want... I'm just happy that AZ brought in a pro team that I can go see all summer and only have to drive 20 mins. Our spring training facilities and program out here are top-notch, too. The new Salt River fields are 5 minutes from my office and games are cheap. The facility is absolutely gorgeous, too.

I mourn during football season because of the meathead daddy-pleasing douchebags that come out of the woodwork during the winter to watch a sport just to fit in with their buddies. Watching the stop-and-go pace of a football game makes me want to stab my eyes out with a dull spoon.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #30
bigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Jared
bigwalton15's Tacoma Gallery
I'm excited for the college baseball season. I just got hired out here to do pre game and post game commentary for the local TV network that is broadcasting the game. And for the games I dont work huge hot dogs and 32oz beers.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:12 PM   #31
Will The Thrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwalton15 View Post
I'm excited for the college baseball season. I just got hired out here to do pre game and post game commentary for the local TV network that is broadcasting the game. And for the games I dont work huge hot dogs and 32oz beers.
That sound's awesome. When I dislocated my hip and couldn't play sophomore year I announced and worked the board for my high school team. It was fun and they gave me free food also.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #32
bigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Jared
bigwalton15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
That sound's awesome. When I dislocated my hip and couldn't play sophomore year I announced and worked the board for my high school team. It was fun and they gave me free food also.
Awesome, ya my baseball career ended when I graduate college. Poor senior year prevented me from getting drafted, tons of teams looked at me but none pulled the trigger. So anything to keep me around the game as well getting paid to it, I'm in.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #33
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #34
Will The Thrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwalton15 View Post
Awesome, ya my baseball career ended when I graduate college. Poor senior year prevented me from getting drafted, tons of teams looked at me but none pulled the trigger. So anything to keep me around the game as well getting paid to it, I'm in.
That sucks I never quite got my swing back after my surgery for my hip so I didn't go very far. I had a few offers from some local schools, no D1 or anything like that. Mid way through the season when I dislocated it I was hitting .428 with 5 RBI's across 10 games and had to relearn to hit. I never got picked up I guess they didn't see it in me because I finished senior year at ~.215 and, I believe 10RBI.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:42 AM   #35
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhart View Post
You're going to have a very long season as well, the Yankees don't look any less dangerous this year.
Yes, I'm looking forward to being 9 games ahead in September and falling on our faces...........oh wait. That already happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohbrian View Post
Baseball is great when I need a power nap.
I say the same thing about Nascar.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #36
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
Just learned of the passing of Hall of Famer Gary Carter, died this afternoon of a brain tumor. He was 57.

RIP Gary. Mets fans will never forget the memories - and World Series - you gave us. I'm sure there's more than a few Expos fans who owe you a debt of gratitude as well.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #37
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Shit yeah I'm excited!!! My Gamecocks have won the National Title (college) 2 years in a row! As for pro ball....no.....not really.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #38
07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
07regtacoman's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-11-2012, 12:54 AM   #39
Will The Thrill

I almost cried when I heard Gary died he was such a beast. As for my high school team they aren't doing to well 2-5 so far. Does anyone like keeping a book? When I was out due to my hip that's what I did and loved it now I do it just because. Here's one from the game with our rivals it was a hard loss to take. Also the Braves aren't doing much this year either.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:40 AM   #40
Will The Thrill

Chipper Jones to retire at the end of this season.
http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/a...r_atl&c_id=atl