Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Anybody as excited for Baseball as I am?

Old 10-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #61
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
2 outs with 3 on and down by 3? Bourn up...
Old 10-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #62
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
For anyone that was watching, that was the absolute most horrendous call I've ever seen at a pro level.

The Braves had a legit shot at a comeback there.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #63
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
That is such a disgraceful way to end the career of the legend that is Chipper Jones. That ball was nowhere near the distance to rule an infield fly. Just a disgustingly bad call made when we were right there, all set up to pull from behind and take that win from the Cardinal's and that be a proper ending to Chipper Jones' career.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #64
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
That is such a disgraceful way to end the career of the legend that is Chipper Jones. That ball was nowhere near the distance to rule an infield fly. Just a disgustingly bad call made when we were right there, all set up to pull from behind and take that win from the Cardinal's and that be a proper ending to Chipper Jones' career.
Ironically it was Chipper's bad throw that is what really cost them the game imo. Imagine if that hadn't happened. Might have still had the lead and the pop fly call wouldn't have made such a huge deal.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #66
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
Sad to see Chipper go but his next stop is the hall.

Go Rangers! YUUU
Old 10-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #67
Old Newbie
Chad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad7088's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
For anyone that was watching, that was the absolute most horrendous call I've ever seen at a pro level.

Ridiculous call....absolutely....the whole idea of the infield fly rule is to eliminate the defenses ability to drop the ball on purpose and turn a double play.....that was way too deep to even accomplish that anyway. But on the flip side it doesn't really come down to that play, the braves dug their own hole with all those errors.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad7088 View Post
Ridiculous call....absolutely....the whole idea of the infield fly rule is to eliminate the defenses ability to drop the ball on purpose and turn a double play.....that was way too deep to even accomplish that anyway. But on the flip side it doesn't really come down to that play, the braves dug their own hole with all those errors.
Yeah and why the hell do you bunt with 2 on 1 out and the pitcher on deck? I know someone later said that it was a delayed squeeze and Freeman never came home, but still a bad call either way imo. I'd take my chances on a fly ball or Simmons legging out a double play ball to score the run. Lots of fail in the game from the Braves, must be the post season jinx.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #69
Logically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to all

Name: Wes
Logically Insane's Tacoma Gallery
I was throwing beer bottles out onto my lawn just to be part of the crowd. One of the worst calls I've ever seen. Whoever came up with a "1 game playoff" for the wildcard should be fired immediately. Either leave the wildcard alone, or completely take out the wildcard format. They should've made it at least a 2 out of 3 series.

Now we have a 94 win team that was 6 games ahead in the standings going home (not to mention a true baseball legend) for a team that shouldn't have been in the playoffs.

And this is coming from a guy that is more of a Cards fan than a Braves fan.. Friggin ridiculous .. (I was hoping Chipper would get another ring this year.. )
Old 10-06-2012, 06:06 AM   #70
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
RedSox fan here
Old 10-06-2012, 06:24 AM   #71
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post

so the ump blew the call?
Old 10-06-2012, 06:53 AM   #72
Scalp Em
FLtaco06 is a splendid one to beholdFLtaco06 is a splendid one to beholdFLtaco06 is a splendid one to beholdFLtaco06 is a splendid one to beholdFLtaco06 is a splendid one to beholdFLtaco06 is a splendid one to beholdFLtaco06 is a splendid one to beholdFLtaco06 is a splendid one to behold

FLtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Absolutely awful. I hate to see Chip go out that way. I know there were several throwing errors, and I am one of the first to say that a ref/ump does not determine if you win or loose, but he inserted himself into the game and stopped a big momentum shift. Having the "extra" umps hurt imo. He is standing in a position that he is not used to. Making a routine call from a new site line and the play looked totally different to him. Plus he called it when the ball was almost down. It should have been called at the peak of travel.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:06 AM   #73
Canes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EAOS 83'
Canes58's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad7088 View Post
Thats what Chipper said.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:43 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
so the ump blew the call?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLtaco06 View Post
Absolutely awful. I hate to see Chip go out that way. I know there were several throwing errors, and I am one of the first to say that a ref/ump does not determine if you win or loose, but he inserted himself into the game and stopped a big momentum shift. Having the "extra" umps hurt imo. He is standing in a position that he is not used to. Making a routine call from a new site line and the play looked totally different to him. Plus he called it when the ball was almost down. It should have been called at the peak of travel.
This^^^

I guess by rule it was a correct call, but was called way way too late. The fact that the rule is to protect the base runners made it quite obvious it was late. I mean they were halfway to 2nd and 3rd and didn't have enough time to return when the call was made, therefore the infield fly call being so late was totally pointless.

The irony to me is the fact of the one game playoff. If this had been a series at least you have more games to redeem yourself. Baseball has always been series oriented. I don't get the one game thing and don't like it.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #75
Old Newbie
Chad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad7088's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE= They should've made it at least a 2 out of 3 series. [/QUOTE]

Agreed..I would like to have seen this at the very least if they were going to make it part of the wildcard...But, once again that 94 win team didn't come prepared to play if they are going to commit such ridiculous errors.