Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Old School BMX

Old 02-17-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
josephduanehanson is on a distinguished road

Name: Joe
josephduanehanson's Tacoma Gallery
Old School BMX

anyone into old school bmx or bmx in general.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
I competed when I was 12-15 YO old. ABA, baby!

Just two years ago sold my last piece of hardware, a BEAUTIFUL Chrome Moly GT. I didn't wanted to sell it, but I had no space, miss that bike, sure as heck miss those days!
Old 02-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
josephduanehanson is on a distinguished road

Name: Joe
josephduanehanson's Tacoma Gallery
thats cool i still race, im 22
it is now called usa bmx, this is the first year that the aba and the nba joined
i have several bikes but i did restore a 1976 mongoose and working on my 1985 schwinn predator 1/4flash
Old 02-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #4
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephduanehanson View Post
thats cool i still race, im 22
it is now called usa bmx, this is the first year that the aba and the nba joined
i have several bikes but i did restore a 1976 mongoose and working on my 1985 schwinn predator 1/4flash
USA BMX, that was just a dream back in the 80's...

I'm glad the finally saw the light, all that bickering did nothing but hurt the sport.

I quit racing sometime in '86, got involved as a cadet with the CAP (Civil Air Patrol).

All the kids that remained ranked, where doing POORLY in school, and that was just not gonna fly with my parents. Always did loved it, and still miss it.

I have picked up other dangerous hobby's like rock climbing and snow skiing, but the rush that I get every time speed up in a BMX bike is like an addiction that never went away!
Old 02-18-2012, 10:54 PM   #5
Xx2006 TACOMAxX
chrisbmx914 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
chrisbmx914's Tacoma Gallery
I raced from the time I was 7 till I was about 14 or so. Wish I was sill racing.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:56 PM   #6
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I never raced but I remember my Dyno VFR that was my first BMX bike. That thing was a tank! But loads of fun. Then I got a super nice power light and wrecked it about 3 months later at the track down the street from where I live.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:14 AM   #7
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
MMMMM....raced ABA and NBL for 3-4 years in MA. Then quit and did freestyle for 6 years till I got my first car.

Had a Supergoose, a Schwinn Free Form EX (got stolen), Hutch Wind Styler, Diamond Back Mike Dominguez Strike Zone..still have my GT Vertigo in my garage now with the Skyway Tuff II's.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:40 AM   #8
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Haha, had an original mongoose, a redline, a diamond back with the 1.8 rear tire and CW bars, remember those?
Old 10-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #9
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Sure do..had a set of them myself on one of my bikes, think it was the Hutch.

I was a big fan of the Schwinn freestyle bars they sold with the Predator Free Form. They were about 2 inches lower than usual, which worked great for the ACS Rotor when that came out and you had to raise your neck about 1.5 inches higher than usual. Liked them so much I bought a pair for my Diamond Back even though the only ones I could find were purple and the bike was blue haha