Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Installed my Bed Tent

Old 02-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
Installed my Bed Tent

Pretty day outside today so i wanted to throw up my bed tent that i got for Christmas. Needless to say, it went up pretty easy and looks like it is going to be a fun summer of camping when i get my air mattress to throw in!

Old 02-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #2
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
Badass man! Who makes them? Anything have to be permanently mounted to the bed?
Old 02-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
TacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SFS
Name: Nic
TacomaG26's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice! were can you get them and do they have them for a full size bed?
Old 02-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #6
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Its a Sportz tent from sportsmanguide.com They have a blue one that's about $18 dollars cheaper than this one
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=614014

but this one came with the overhead cover to sit under!
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=918416

It hangs over a tad over my tailgate, but as you can see not enough to hurt anything. Another 6" Long and it would fit perfect!

Nothing is permanent, just straps that strap over the side of your truck (Which have a piece that keeps it from scratching the side of it).
Old 02-20-2012, 05:56 PM   #7
kimo will become famous soon enough

Name: Darin
kimo's Tacoma Gallery
over a tad over my tailgate, but as you can see not enough to hurt anything. Another 6" Long and it would fit perfect!

Ya, it looks like it was made for a LB truck.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:48 PM   #8
Rdy2offrd88 is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
Rdy2offrd88's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin good man
Old 02-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #9
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Do you think there would be enough room in the long bed to have the tent installed as well as a toolbox? I really want to set my truck up for camping in the bed, as well as having a place to store the tools that control my backseat (battery jumpstarter, basic tools, air compressor, tow strap, ect.). Having a hard top would be ideal, but I do not have the cash to get one and would not have anywhere to store it in my 500sqft apartment if I needed to remove it for whatever reason. So it seems to me that if I can make a truck bed tent work with a toolbox it would be perfect.

Looks great BTW. I've been eyeballing that exact same tent for awhile. Amazon also has it for the same price, but with free shipping for Prime members.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:45 PM   #11
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
cat seems to dig it
Old 02-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
Do you think there would be enough room in the long bed to have the tent installed as well as a toolbox? I really want to set my truck up for camping in the bed, as well as having a place to store the tools that control my backseat (battery jumpstarter, basic tools, air compressor, tow strap, ect.). Having a hard top would be ideal, but I do not have the cash to get one and would not have anywhere to store it in my 500sqft apartment if I needed to remove it for whatever reason. So it seems to me that if I can make a truck bed tent work with a toolbox it would be perfect.

Looks great BTW. I've been eyeballing that exact same tent for awhile. Amazon also has it for the same price, but with free shipping for Prime members.
They make a tad big longer one. Just measure your bed length with the toolbox in then go from there.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by leveltwo View Post
cat seems to dig it

He did for sure lol
Old 02-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #15
Chillin' on a dirt road...
DwiCou14 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: Corrections Officer
Name: Dwight
DwiCou14's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to DwiCou14 Send a message via Skype™ to DwiCou14
Those are pretty nice tents. I've had one of the blue and silver ones for a couple years now and have camped in it a fair bit, and it's done well for me.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #16
wootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the rough
Name: Nathan
wootalien's Tacoma Gallery
i need to get my hands on one them!
Old 02-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #17
MACS is on a distinguished road
Navy: MACS
Name: Chad
MACS's Tacoma Gallery
I've been looking for a good set - tent/mattress and I think I found it!

http://www.teakatoys.com/05_10_Tacoma_s/819.htm
Old 06-28-2013, 09:27 AM   #18
jchav is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Justin
jchav's Tacoma Gallery
How has the tent worked for you OP? I just bought the same thing off of Amazon Warehouse for $160. Would like to know if it was worth it.