Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Sports, Hobbies & Interests

Notices

Show off your Road Bike!!!

Old 02-28-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
Show off your Road Bike!!!

I figured there should be a road bike show and tell if there is a mountain bike one. Besides, I need to show off my new wheel.

Here's mine.

2009 Felt B2 TTR

And the new to me chinese knock off carbon clincher. This is an 88mm deep rim. I'm going to run a wheelbuilder disc cover in the back for the time being. Sorry for the crappy picture quality.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Isn't your bike a Tri bike?

Here's my oldie. And my sorta oldie.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:53 PM   #3
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
Technically, you're correct, but I didn't think I'd get much of a thread with a title like "Show off your tri bike".

I can't make out the make of your second bike, but you gotta love a good steel frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Isn't your bike a Tri bike?

Here's my oldie. And my sorta oldie.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:55 PM   #4
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
It's a Moots. http://moots.com/

Titanium.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #5
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery

Scott CR1, damn fast bike and stiff as hell
Old 03-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #6

SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
Yesterday was a half marthon and today was 50 miles of hills on the bike. What did you do this weekend?
Old 03-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #7
3rd Taco's a charm
Mr Hyde is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
Mr Hyde's Tacoma Gallery
This thread is right up my alley! Here is my preferred ride....I love the Tacoma, but its so much fun getting on this bike and going the distance.

Its a 2012 Tarmac Expert with full Ultregra group, with upgraded chain and 11-26 cassette (wore the originals out).
Old 03-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #8
Quo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Paul
Quo Fan's Tacoma Gallery
Trek 1500 in Discovery colors.

IMGP0796 by Quo Fan, on Flickr
Old 03-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #9
iForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to all
iForceTUNDRA's Tacoma Gallery
Finally a thread on road bikes! For some reason, I really like my first specialized epic road carbon so i ended up picking up a second one. I love it. One of specialized's first full carbon bikes. You gotta be careful with them though because over time as the condition of the carbon fiber gets worse and ages, the frame becomes weaker.

Now if i had an extra 18k laying around, i would pick up the Specialized Venge!
http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/...01&scname=Road
Old 03-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #10
rvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to all

Name: cameron
rvcahawaii808's Tacoma Gallery
been waiting for a thread like this!

allez sport. i just put a 105 groupset on

sooooo much better than the crappy sora parts that came with it.

i want to upgrade my rims next. i found a site that lets you build your own. i was looking at some mavics with 105 hubs. any recommendations?
Old 03-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #11
rvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to all

also what are your guys opinions on the china ebay carbon frames?
Old 03-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #12
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcahawaii808 View Post
also what are your guys opinions on the china ebay carbon frames?
I don't like fleabay

I will always support my local bike store

And plus when you buy from a mainstream company you get a warranty with the frame.

Trek give a lifetime warranty with all of their carbon frames.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #13

Quote:

i want to upgrade my rims next. i found a site that lets you build your own. i was looking at some mavics with 105 hubs. any recommendations?
I'd go with American Classic wheels (thats what I want eventually)

Made in the USA
Old 03-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #14
3rd Taco's a charm
Mr Hyde is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
Mr Hyde's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

go with Mavic Kyserium Equipes. They are light and a good all purpose wheel. Not too stiff so they are good for long rides. I've got 2000 miles on mine and no problems so far.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #15

i am looking at this site.
http://www.bicyclewheelwarehouse.com...atId=57&page=0

dont really know where to look online. i would go to the local bike store but they are crazy expensive
Old 03-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #16

Quote:
i am looking at this site.
http://www.bicyclewheelwarehouse.com...atId=57&page=0

dont really know where to look online. i would go to the local bike store but they are crazy expensive
well, you are probably are gonna pay and arm and a leg for shipping since you are in Hawaii.

The bike store should be able to order you a set of wheels that can fit your price range
Old 03-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #17

im actually in oregon going to school
Old 03-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #18

Quote:
im actually in oregon going to school
Honestly I'd check out a bike shop and see what they can do for you

and shop around, there should be plenty of bike shops where you are at
Old 03-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #19
flyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to all

Name: Zach
flyingface's Tacoma Gallery
2011 Cannondale Caad-8 with 105 components.
It's a blast to ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Show off your Road Bike!!!-417091_10150621309527445_821562444_9231239_987019075_n.jpg  
Old 03-24-2012, 04:58 PM   #20
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Neil
nelztaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have many bicycles: 1988 Schwinn Prelude, 199? Matsuri fixed gear, 1992 Schwinn Paramount Series 3, 2002 Trek 5200 in Postal colors, 2005 Fuji Cross Comp, 2007 Surly Cross Check, 2009? Cannondale Quick 4, 2012 Surly Moonlander